*1114: The List*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Re: *1114: The List*

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:36 am

Big-Will wrote:
mdub87 wrote:The Pop Tarts popping out that Kenny was having for dinner was a nice touch too :D

Shhhh, we call them Happy Tarts in the South Park world.

Wha? We do?

*shifty eyes*
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:41 am

Edduyasha wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
mdub87 wrote:The Pop Tarts popping out that Kenny was having for dinner was a nice touch too :D

Wha? We do?

*shifty eyes*

Yes, we do. :) If you ever watch Orgazmo you'll see a box of them made for that movie. They then used that name for the snacks Cartman's mother packs for him when Jimbo takes the boys camping in the mountains.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:43 am

Big-Will wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Shhhh, we call them Happy Tarts in the South Park world.

Wha? We do?

*shifty eyes*

Yes, we do. :) If you ever watch Orgazmo you'll see a box of them made for that movie. They then used that name for the snacks Cartman's mother packs for him when Jimbo takes the boys camping in the mountains.

Oh... Go figure...I'm not very good at catching little figures like that. That's cool, though...it takes care of the copyright crap, too.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

pawnta

Postby pawnta » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 am

that episode was GREAT! very clever plot and so cute, with everyone just being themselves =]

and for the record, clyde IS pretty cute =D

omg i reeeeallly hope the stan/wendy relationship continues in season 12.. it was sooo cute..!!

and kyle... loll i KNEW there was a mistake in the list!! seriously... like.. kyle.. LAST?!?! no way =_= he's so adorable <3

OMG THEY KILLED KENNY!!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 am

Ok, so that episode was just freaking great. I loved it. It was new, yet so classic. f*ck the skepticism I may have spewed out earlier about this being a sh*tty season ender.

The episode was pretty nostalgic. It felt more like a an old episode, only with the visual enhancements of today. I was nice to see characters like Wendy and Bebe get put back into action, even though Wendy just isn't the same without that lovable high-pitched squeeky voice. :(

The episode also gave Cartman a well-needed break. Though he did poke fun at Kyle for "Being the ugliest kid in class" he didn't have anything to do with the list's forgery, and just simply laughed at Kyle, just like the old days.

That, and it was just plain funny. It's nice to see them focusing on random humor instead of sticking their penises in real-world issues, once again, looking back into the old days.

This has got to have a perfect score. 10/10. Great way to end a decent season. Let's hope 12 will be a good one. To next year! :D
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:51 am

Ohh, but don't forget "Pop Toasties", too. Weren't those in Fat Camp, IIRC?

I wonder who "Francis" could be. Looking at all the boys there, the orange-haired kid seems to be unaccounted for, name-wise.

I wouldn't expect to see the deleted scenes wind up on the DVD. They never really do, unless the original trailers for the episodes were to be included as extras.

I wonder who voiced Red/Rebecca? I need to check the credits again to see if any other female VAs besides Stewart, Howell, and Marshall were there. If Paula Holmberg and Jessie Thomas were onboard again, it could've been one of them. It's kind of hard to distinguish some voices, what with the wide vocal range some VAs have.

Nice to see Milly still has the accent going for her, though Lola sounded almost like a female Butters here at first.

When Wendy kicked Lola in the "nuts" and she reacted, it brought up a brief thought about the song "Lola" for me XD

Note that Kenny's little sister (or cousin, whatever she might've been) is still gone. She must've been an anomaly :P
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:54 am

Edduyasha wrote:Oh... Go figure...I'm not very good at catching little figures like that. That's cool, though...it takes care of the copyright crap, too.

^ ^;

...on the other hand, Cartman mentions "pop tarts" at the very beginning of this episode and lo and behold...
:cartmanlaugh:

"Kenny, face it: girls don't wanna eat Pop Tarts for dinner every night when they get married."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mdub87

Postby mdub87 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:57 am

Big-Will wrote:

Yea it used to be, but Cartman actually said "Pop Tarts" twice in the episode, so I think it's OK. :)
"Yea bitch, school in summertime, open your f***in' ears n**** whore, I'll pop yo bitch ass!" - Fat Abbot
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:57 am

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:Ok, so that episode was just freaking great. I loved it. It was new, yet so classic. f*ck the skepticism I may have spewed out earlier about this being a sh*tty season ender.

The episode was pretty nostalgic. It felt more like a an old episode, only with the visual enhancements of today. I was nice to see characters like Wendy and Bebe get put back into action, even though Wendy just isn't the same without that lovable high-pitched squeeky voice. :(

The episode also gave Cartman a well-needed break. Though he did poke fun at Kyle for "Being the ugliest kid in class" he didn't have anything to do with the list's forgery, and just simply laughed at Kyle, just like the old days.

That, and it was just plain funny. It's nice to see them focusing on random humor instead of sticking their penises in real-world issues, once again, looking back into the old days.

This has got to have a perfect score. 10/10. Great way to end a decent season. Let's hope 12 will be a good one. To next year! :D

Yeah! I like how Cartman and Butters' roles have been cut back to their pre-season 6 (?) types...I liked seeing Stan, Kyle, and Wendy in the limelight for a change.

To next year and the coming Seasons!

:mrgreen:

@ Cerisa_Roz- Kenny's relation, if you could call her that, was probably a one-time gig Matt and Trey threw in for kicks.

:wink:

@ Big-Will- Oh, the irony...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:05 am

I return. D:

To comment on this night's episode. It was.. well. interesting. A lot better than most of the other episodes of this season, if not of the latest seasons. It was nice to see it return to it's classical tendencies of humor, and it was VERY nice to see it not be another in your face parody of current events. I am very sick of those. It also appeared to have the classic charm of how "Every small thing is a big deal when you are just a child" in making such a big deal over "a list." I thought that was pretty classic in its own. Overall, I give this a 9/10. Nothing will get a 10/10 from me unless it literally blows me off my feet.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:17 am

Oh, let's not forget they managed to keep up with their Annual Kenny Death routine. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:21 am

Heard the "Jurassic Park" music when Kyle was trying to convince the uglier kids how they're not so ugly.

Anyone else catch that??
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:24 am

The episode delievers what fans been wanting:

*Wendy/Stan reunion (Yes, I'd say they're back. They made up, put their past behind them, and Stan puked which sealed the deal. Remember, Stan didn't puke on her when they were falling through, so he pukes when he's in love.)

Gotta love how...awkward it was when he approached her to talk about the list, I was happy to see the character developement.

*Minor Characters: Yes, Clyde got actual air time, though good to know he's a douche. Don't know if they'll ever break the truth to him that he was being used.

*Psycho Kyle was awesome, though I'd have bought the idea of him bringing a gun to the school more than burning it. Irony the cops didn't arrest him under suspision of Arson.

*Kenny death. Yes. No escape for Kenny.

Story: Actually seemed deeper. I don't know what M&T's hidden message was, since Character>Looks was the moral, but it has something to do with the court system since the episode focused on S/W blowing the lid on the corrupt girl court.

10/10

Thanks M&T, now Stan & Wendy are back :D
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:30 am

HAcoreRD wrote:Story: Actually seemed deeper. I don't know what M&T's hidden message was, since Character>Looks was the moral, but it has something to do with the court system since the episode focused on S/W blowing the lid on the corrupt girl court.

The moral in itself was awesome for me...I think it's proven itself true in case after case in real life...

See? People can learn good stuff through South Park, contrary to common belief...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

bogan

Postby bogan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:41 am

That was a great episode!!! Very traditional South Park indeed!!!

hehe, how could a person not love Butters in this one!! #11 :lol: and so nice not to see him grounded :)

The ending though... Hmm... Well... For people who like, Stan/Wendy, its great... But not so much for me! But Kenny dieing totally made up for that!!! :D

It was so awesome to see old school South Park.

Very Good ^-^
Cartman - No no no! Haven't you guys ever seen an album cover? You're supposed to be standing in random places, looking away like you don't care!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”