*1114: The List*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SPF4L#1

Re: *1114: The List*

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:06 pm

Great episode. Definitely felt like a return to the roots of the show, in many ways.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:42 pm

I think the episode was Ok. Not inheritly funny and not especially special in any way, but it showed some good character developement.

It seemed to rip off Matt and Trey a little bit too... especially Matt :cartmanlaugh:

:cartmanlaugh:
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Big-Will wrote:Kenny'll be back. He'll aaalways come back.

Thats a re-assuring thought. =)

I have not seen this one yet, but i will soon...
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:21 pm

strumpfhose wrote:I think the episode was Ok. Not inheritly funny and not especially special in any way, but it showed some good character developement.

It seemed to rip off Matt and Trey a little bit too... especially Matt :cartmanlaugh:

:cartmanlaugh:

Ha! I thought that too, very clever lol.
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
FatboysRule

Postby FatboysRule » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:39 pm

So, no one is going to comment on the fact that the girls manipulated the boys to get things from them? No one's going to tackle that sticky topic? And a piece of clothing at that? Really? No one is offended by that?

Unless women really DO self-knowingly use guys to get fancy things. (and are really that vapid as to stop a conversation in mid sentence to talk about shoes) But naw, that would never happen in real life...

:parishilton: never indeed.
magic13mike

Postby magic13mike » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:50 pm

This was one of the best ep. in a while. A return to the good ol' days. The only thing that was missing was "Oh my god, they killed Kenny. You Bastards"

This is the first show in a while that wasn't over-ran with parody and political satire. I do like them, but its about time we had a classic return to what Southpark is all about!
Screw you guys...I'm goin' home!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:59 pm

FatboysRule wrote:So, no one is going to comment on the fact that the girls manipulated the boys to get things from them? No one's going to tackle that sticky topic? And a piece of clothing at that? Really? No one is offended by that?

Unless women really DO self-knowingly use guys to get fancy things. (and are really that vapid as to stop a conversation in mid sentence to talk about shoes) But naw, that would never happen in real life...

How lame would you have to be to be OFFENDED by that? Of course the girls who do that do it self-knowingly. And I definitely love shoes myself... Not that I'd make a guy buy me those but still. Just counted that i have 7 pairs of boots, alone, that I use actively. Plus all the other shoes, of course...

As I said, the story line with the girls didn't offend me, more like annoyed me to death! Their talk and their conferences, just wanted to fastforward through them.
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:08 pm

FatboysRule wrote:So, no one is going to comment on the fact that the girls manipulated the boys to get things from them? No one's going to tackle that sticky topic? And a piece of clothing at that? Really? No one is offended by that?

Oh, it happens, and we know it happens. However, I'm not (and I think this goes for a lot of other BBSers) the kind of person who would get wrapped up in that kind of thing. I just wouldn't be able to lie like that, I REALLY don't care about shoes, and my looks aren't the kind that will have men buying things for me.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Since it was about a better deal on shoes than they'd otherwise get, I wouldn't care. I'd feel used, sure, but nothing of mine would be missing. But then, I don't know if I'd let it get to my head like Clyde did. :lol:

Oh yeah, hey, whassup? What's goin' on?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Not a bad episode. Surely not worthy of a 10/10 though, wasn't perfect. And why the hell would Kyle, a good person with character who's been shut out of fads etc before and hasn't reacted with 'killkillkill', decide to burn down the school? That just seemed to be thrown in there.

Loved the wee Matt/Trey reference though.
Tweek

Postby Tweek » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:49 pm

The List was my favourite episode for ages, it felt like one of the early episodes. Great to see Wendy having a major roll and Kenny getting killed :D
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:26 pm

[quote="CartmanMills"]Not a bad episode. , wasn't perfect. And why the hell would Kyle, a good person with character who's been shut out of fads etc before and hasn't reacted with 'killkillkill'[quote]

I don`t think it was kyle`s intention to kill anyone i think he just wanted to burn down the school as he did do it during night time when the school was shut.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
MonkeyFishFrog

Postby MonkeyFishFrog » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:54 pm

I wonder how long it'll be now until this season is released on DVD. Probably next summer/fall.
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:05 pm

MonkeyFishFrog wrote:I wonder how long it'll be now until this season is released on DVD. Probably next summer/fall.

I'm guessing it'll be before next summer, probably the spring. But that depends on how long it'll take them to get it ready, after all the season just ended.

I liked the episode, it wasn't super funny like most of them in this season but I still enjoyed watching it. I did love when Butters was trying to kick the girl in the "balls" though :lol:
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
dorkjackson

Postby dorkjackson » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:07 pm

Did they cut the bit where Kenny hits Cartman? Or is that just the version I've downloaded?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”