*Episode 1201 Pre-Air Discussion*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

superiorsavior

Re: *Episode 1201 Pre-Air Discussion*

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:03 am

Polymorph wrote:I'm expecting this to be neither good nor bad but decent.

Never get you're expectations up too high, or you'll surely be dissapointed. I hope it'll be great though, like the Tourettes episode or the Jessie Jackson one.

Tritex wrote: I believe this will be a fresh idea, I'm pretty sure they're not dumb enough to use an old story

Never Underestimate the potential stupidity of Matt and Trey. They havn't done it before so i hope they won't slip up now though!

PipTweek wrote:Wow...Cartman's dying!

It never said he was dying, just coming f2f with his mortality. Knowing how delusional Cartman is (Cartman Dies) he could think he's about to die, and become a new "Kyle II," being all ultra-safe and all (explains the clothes). Maybee he's pretending he's dying to get cash from people, hence Kahl hates him more than usual.

PipTweek wrote: It's been six seasons since season 6...and season 6 was broken up into 3 installments of 6 episodes each (666) ....so maybe season 12 will be an homage to season 6 by having Cartman die and stay dead for the whole season.

I noticed that too! Maybee I watched too much Number 23, maybee I did too much maths lately, either way, it's season 6 hommage time! They probably won't kill him off, but with everyone asking for less Cartman episodes, perhaps M and T have seen that a short "vacation" for him could be in the show's best interests. I like Cartman, he's my fave out of the four main boys, but i could see them killing him off for a short time.

It's sadly most likely going to be a w or 3 parter. Too many of these lately, they really kill the season leangth as someone said earlier. But seing Cartman in hell/heaven (never been from what i've seen) would be a good diversion for the second part, if they decide to do that. It could open up another season-long plot thread like Kenny dies did six seasons ago.

Pip Tweek wrote:They could make season 12 into "the Terrance and Philip Show" for 14 episodes and I'd still watch it just to see what Trey and Matt do next.

I'd LOVE it if they did that anyway :D
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:39 am

You know, for being fans of a show, some of you guys can be really negative for an episode that hasn't even aired yet. :c
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Tritex

Postby Tritex » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:48 am

Infusions wrote:You know, for being fans of a show, some of you guys can be really negative for an episode that hasn't even aired yet. :c

It's called Criticism/Feedback, it's what real fans do.

Even if it hasn't aired yet >_>
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:17 am

Tritex wrote:
Infusions wrote:You know, for being fans of a show, some of you guys can be really negative for an episode that hasn't even aired yet. :c

I'm usually the first to go for the criticism route, and I do agree that real fans do this, but the feedback also has to have legs. In this case, the only feedback that doesn't have legs is the complaint about the preview. The preview did exactly what it was supposed to do. It isn't supposed to be plot critical, yet the preview really showed you that Kyle was pissed at cartman, and that leaves you asking why. It is better than any preview I've seen.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:20 am

Just saw a commercial:

Liane: Is he going to be alright, doctor?
[cuts to the doctor looking down and walking in]
[cuts back to Cartman in bed]
Cartman: YOU SAID NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!
Narrator: Nothing will be the same AGAIN!
[cuts to the four boys standing at the bus stop. Cartman's wearing his cap and scarf.]
[Kyle is trying to hold in his laughter.]
Cartman: OH, IT'S REAL F*CKING FUNNY, KYLE!!!

I dunno, after seeing that commercial, this episode seems more epic than I thought.
skacraze330

Postby skacraze330 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:34 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Tritex wrote:

I'm usually the first to go for the criticism route, and I do agree that real fans do this, but the feedback also has to have legs. In this case, the only feedback that doesn't have legs is the complaint about the preview. The preview did exactly what it was supposed to do. It isn't supposed to be plot critical, yet the preview really showed you that Kyle was pissed at cartman, and that leaves you asking why. It is better than any preview I've seen.

^ agreed the preview was good it makes me want to know more!!!!! 2 days
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
Tritex

Postby Tritex » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:35 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Tritex wrote:

As true as that may be, I still feel we wern't left with enough information about the episode, what's going to get me to watch it? (Actually I'll watch it nontheless, I've been a fan since day one :) ) Kyle is mad at Cartman?

When showing a preview, I believe you should show something shocking and different, that'll get people into it, I didn't see that at all.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:35 am

Commercials have a way of making something look appealing. It's kind of, you know, their job.

And Shane's right; the preview worked to get people interested, it can't give too much away, can it?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Tritex

Postby Tritex » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:41 am

superiorsavior wrote:Commercials have a way of making something look appealing. It's kind of, you know, their job.

And Shane's right; the preview worked to get people interested, it can't give too much away, can it?

It didn't need to, all it had to do was simply mention and/or show something that was unexpected, that would get people interested a lot more.

If you get interested over seeing one midway clip of Kyle pushing Cartman over, then you're drawn in too easily IMO.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:14 am

The preview rewards the attentive. Stan is not there. Kyle comes up and is pissed at Cartman for something. He threatens to kill him. No Stan. Now, being a Stan fan, that makes me think: What did Cartman do to Stan?

If that doesn't make it interesting, then there is no other way to make it interesting.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Tritex

Postby Tritex » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:The preview rewards the attentive. Stan is not there. Kyle comes up and is pissed at Cartman for something. He threatens to kill him. No Stan. Now, being a Stan fan, that makes me think: What did Cartman do to Stan?

If that doesn't make it interesting, then there is no other way to make it interesting.

I'm not a fan of Stan to be honest so I never really noticed him not being there, but I can see your reason for being interested.
IZSBHR

Postby IZSBHR » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:32 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:In that preview clip, Stan was not there and the boys happen to be playing football, which Stan is supposed to be quite good at. Kyle seems really, rally pissed. Just doing simple math with what I've got, I'll say that cartman has done something to Stan because Stan wasn't anywhere in that clip.

I'm pretty sure Cartman broke into his house.

This image tells all.
Kenny_And_Me_Forever

Postby Kenny_And_Me_Forever » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:44 am

Holy smokes! Cartman is having a diagnosed diseases and can’t find a cure for it! My wish is finally coming true, I’ve always wanted a episode were Cartman has a disease and Kyle will probably laughed about it ( Once in a while), and Butters seems to helped out Cartman to break into a house--Kyle’s house if I’m mistaken to get something. Also, Kenny is back and I’m totally smiling to see his back as a regular character!!!
emilyh_28

Postby emilyh_28 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:46 am

i think this looks great. while i love the controversial, topical episodes, sometimes the best ones are just about the fact that these boys are in 4th grade and the stuff they're dealing with. and i agree, this is pretty typical for the previews that they put up and i wouldn't expect anything more. i think the preview looks great, especially since (like people have said) cartman is bundling up and stan isn't there. no matter what, matt and trey are geniuses and i'm sure it won't be disappointing. :D
*Stan Marsh...more like Stan Darsh*
Dreamertk

Postby Dreamertk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:50 am

You guys sound like Peter from Family Guy: Look, Brian! There's a message in my Cheerio's! It says "Ooooo!" :P

Huh. I wonder why they went down the chimney.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”