*Episode 1201 Pre-Air Discussion*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD

Re: *Episode 1201 Pre-Air Discussion*

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Michaeloptv wrote:But why is everyone so against butters lately.

I'm not so much against him, but I do see him as a side character who's in the spotlight too much, almost engulfing any oppurtunity another minor character has at being on screen (Token, Tweek, Craig, Clyde, Pip, etc). Imo, Butters should be used sparingly, before his character loses its novelty.

Closing thoughts (unless new image/video leek before 10 PM, even then I go to bed so I'll be up around 8-9 PM :P) Cartman's clothes, almost looks like the generic disguise when you're trying to avoid being seen (Changes hat and adds a new add-on to look different), so my thought is: Maybe he did something to Stan, knew Kyle would be pissed and threw on a 'new look' to hope kyle wouldn't notice him (Cartman's not too smart, after all, in "Wing" he claims he was talking to Abe Lincoln on the telephone).
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Yes, this is very true. Cartman isn't all that bright on some things. While I am looking forward to the season premiere, I am wondering, if Cartman does die in this episode, will we be getting another cliffhanger like with Cartoon Wars, Go God Go and Imaginationland? If so, I'd like to see what happens.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"
MonkeyFishFrog

Postby MonkeyFishFrog » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Delilah wrote:I just want to bring to everyone's attention that there are NOT THAT MANY Cartman and Butters as a team episodes. In fact, I can only think The Death Of Eric Cartman, Marjorine and Douche and Turd. If anyone can think of some more, I'd be happy to hear it!

Casa Bonita?
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."
dorkjackson

Postby dorkjackson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I just want to bring to everyone's attention that there are NOT THAT MANY Cartman and Butters as a team episodes. In fact, I can only think The Death Of Eric Cartman, Marjorine and Douche and Turd. If anyone can think of some more, I'd be happy to hear it!

AWESOM-O?
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Delilah wrote:I just want to bring to everyone's attention that there are NOT THAT MANY Cartman and Butters as a team episodes. In fact, I can only think The Death Of Eric Cartman, Marjorine and Douche and Turd. If anyone can think of some more, I'd be happy to hear it!

Faith +1?
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Past three posters, I praise you

Honestly, I am sick of seeing Butters in the spotlight. He's had his ample time already in Imaginationland (and he's front and center on the DVD box). What made me fall in love with the show were the main characters, Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny. In any series (rather it's on TV or a book), I dislike seeing the secondary characters as the main focus, because I am interested in seeing the situations the main characters get themselves into.
Delilah

Postby Delilah » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes, I forgot Casa Bonita, Christian Hard Rock and AMESOM-O. :oops: Still, I think the B & C team is cute.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:17 pm

And you're not saying Awsome-O, Cassa Bonnita, Christian Hard Rock, Marjiorina and The Death of Eric Cartman (with Cartman Sucks in there as well) wern't some of the best episodes in the show's history?

Just because the creators didn't include him as a main charactar in the first season, HAcoreRD, doesn't mean they can't and havn't changed their minds. He's a better foli for Cartman than Kyle and makes just as good (if not a better; compairing Jewbillie and BVOE) charactar in his own right. The beauty of South Park is that Matt and Trey are willing to do whatever they want without giving a flying f*ck to the fans, they do what's funny in their book, even if they need to drastically change the show.

Kenny wasn't working out any more, his gags had been used up. While I love Tweek and Pip, they did all they could with them for now, they may return when M and T get inspired, but until then, their ideas are resting on Butters as the fourth (or third) boy, for that's what inspires them. If you wanna see other kids, read fanfic, if you wanna see the kids M and T want to write, watch the show.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Delilah

Postby Delilah » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 pm

superiorsavior wrote:And you're not saying Awsome-O, Cassa Bonnita, Christian Hard Rock, Marjiorina and The Death of Eric Cartman (with Cartman Sucks in there as well) wern't some of the best episodes in the show's history?

Just because the creators didn't include him as a main charactar in the first season, HAcoreRD, doesn't mean they can't and havn't changed their minds. He's a better foli for Cartman than Kyle and makes just as good (if not a better; compairing Jewbillie and BVOE) charactar in his own right. The beauty of South Park is that Matt and Trey are willing to do whatever they want without giving a flying f*ck to the fans, they do what's funny in their book, even if they need to drastically change the show.

Kenny wasn't working out any more, his gags had been used up. While I love Tweek and Pip, they did all they could with them for now, they may return when M and T get inspired, but until then, their ideas are resting on Butters as the fourth (or third) boy, for that's what inspires them. If you wanna see other kids, read fanfic, if you wanna see the kids M and T want to write, watch the show.

Yes! I agree with you 100%!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks for that :)

Glad some people still see Butters is about as important as Cartman to the show now.

I was worried and skeptical about season 11, especially after the Simpsons Movie reminded me what happened to that show, but then i saw season 11 and :wink: you know the rest. That's why i'm being upbeat about season 12.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 pm

superiorsavior wrote:And you're not saying Awsome-O, Cassa Bonnita, Christian Hard Rock, Marjiorina and The Death of Eric Cartman (with Cartman Sucks in there as well) wern't some of the best episodes in the show's history?

This is what I have been saying for months. Butters is the 4th boy and is here to stay. The show has to evolve to keep fresh and funny.
--------------------

Thrawny
kennyrocks27

Postby kennyrocks27 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:08 pm

I don't think they should kill Cartman off, if they do. There really wouldn't be a point to the show if he does. I think he'll just get better half way through, like Kyle always does.
GarretUA

Postby GarretUA » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Cartman is a key! :zombiekenny:
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 pm

The season finale was "The List".
And the Imaginationland DVD was just released and has been hyped, hence why they would mention it.

Oops. Totally forgot about that.

I just assumed that the reason why they mentioned 'Imaginationland' over the last few episodes was because the trilogy was some of the best episodes South Park has done in a long while whereas the last few just came off empty. Instead of saying 'Coming off The List', they mentioned Imagionationland instead. But your probably right.
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm excited for this one, I have a feeling it's gonna be good. Maybe some Stan and Kyle plotting murder on Cartman?
I reaaally wanna know why Kyle is so pissed at Cartman, and why Stan wasn't in the preview.

About 5 more hours now!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”