*Episode 1201 Pre-Air Discussion*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: *Episode 1201 Pre-Air Discussion*

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:52 am

IZSBHR wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:In that preview clip, Stan was not there and the boys happen to be playing football, which Stan is supposed to be quite good at. Kyle seems really, rally pissed. Just doing simple math with what I've got, I'll say that cartman has done something to Stan because Stan wasn't anywhere in that clip.

I'm pretty sure Cartman broke into his house.

This image tells all.

It doesn't tell all, it does hint. Whether or not this is Stan's house will be something we find out; it may have been another of Cartman's schemes that fail before Stan is the target.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
ohheyitsbizzle

Postby ohheyitsbizzle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:04 am

(Well, it's midnight over here and I can't sleep...so, how about a first post?)

Even though this idea was however many posts ago, the character arc does sound interesting. They even seemed to be setting up for it in the last season. 'Le Petit Tourette' definitely exposed a few of Cartman's secrets. Even the 'Imaginationland' trilogy gave us some questions - whether it was just Cartman's sick sense of power over Kyle or something a little bit more (hey, you can't rule out the possibility that Cartman is gay/bi/whatever - he's had his moments). Whatever is going on with Eric Cartman, I'd love to see more of it in this season.

...or another idea...

Maybe nothing in this episode is actually happening? I mean, Cartman has to be out for the surgery, right? Everything that happens in the episode could just be what Cartman is dreaming of during surgery. ...I really don't have anything to back that up - it just occurred to be as I was lying here with my insomnia, haha.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 am

I'm intriegued. I do love Cartman episodes - especially one as wild sounding as this. But the episode preview is intrieging. After the 'Guitar Queer-O' travesty which ended the season, they need to deliver. Why else would Comedy Central say 'coming fresh off Imaginationland' or something of that nature? Because the episodes after were crap and failed to deliver.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 am

CartmanMills wrote:I'm intriegued. I do love Cartman episodes - especially one as wild sounding as this. But the episode preview is intrieging. After the 'Guitar Queer-O' travesty which ended the season, they need to deliver. Why else would Comedy Central say 'coming fresh off Imaginationland' or something of that nature? Because the episodes after were crap and failed to deliver.

The season finale was "The List".
And the Imaginationland DVD was just released and has been hyped, hence why they would mention it.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:07 am

Hopefully it's as good as the warcraft one from last season as an opener.
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:27 am

Saw the preview clip. I don't know what Tonsil's are going to have around the episode, but the clip shows Kyle and Cartman fighting, which can be interesting.

I'm interested to see where this can go, if whatever tonsil infection Eric has is contagious, maybe he tried spreading it to Kyle, who has a weak immune system as we seen in the past?

All in all, 1 day 21 hours, Super smash Brothers will help kill the time (Though I know i'm going crazy when i hope to see "Challenger approaching" with A cartman silouete"

Edit: after thought- Kyle's the aggressor, which is rare, Kyle's usaully the passive-peaceful defender
James--76

Postby James--76 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:48 am

We still don`t know what has made kyle mad maybe as Shane suggested cartman has done something to stan, or as the press image picture shows butters and cartman dressed in all black maybe about to steal something from kyle which has made him angry.maybe his jew gold :D
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:39 am

James--76 wrote:We still don`t know what has made kyle mad maybe as Shane suggested cartman has done something to stan, or as the press image picture shows butters and cartman dressed in all black maybe about to steal something from kyle which has made him angry.maybe his jew gold :D

Kyle's Jew Gold was lost in the fire.

Kyle's behavior in the clip is unusaul too. Usaully he'll oppose Cartman in nonviolent ways, not straight up threaten him, and Stan not in a game of football, Shane might be onto something. If it involves Stan, i'd think it'd be more emotional based than it would be physical. I'll toss out the Stan/Wendy card now and say Cartman says something, Wendy gets emotional and may want to break up, Stan whines again (maybe tries killing himself or something) thus Kyle wants to kill Eric. Otherwise i don't see (In Character) why Kyle would want to kill Cartman since he had his chance at Go god Go, and admitted he hates Eric, but wont help kill him.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:43 am

About the breaking into Stan's house:

Wasn't Stan's house green?
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2313/shouseay2.jpg

That house has a weird gray teal coloring to it. :0 I think that's Cartman's house.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Wishful_Thinking wrote:Damn, Kyle must be pretty strong, being able to push a fatass like Cartman off his feet...

A running start does wonders. :D

DevilAngel16 wrote:Just saw a commercial:
[cuts to the four boys standing at the bus stop. Cartman's wearing his cap and scarf.]
[Kyle is trying to hold in his laughter.]
Cartman: OH, IT'S REAL F*CKING FUNNY, KYLE!!!

Oh man I want to see this so baaad. Any tube links?

Anyway, yeah, I'm kinda half and half on the whole thing. Sure, the whole setup seems rehashed, but usually the plots and humour still work out. I'm hoping for a secondary plot anyway, in case it doesn't turn out so well.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
That-Is-Bull

Postby That-Is-Bull » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Ajlvt wrote:I hope this episode doesn't disappoint as much as I'm expecting.

It isn't really disappointment if you expect it.

Also, ohshi, my brother's getting his tonsils taken out tomorrow
kagalop

Postby kagalop » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Apparently Cartman dies.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:55 pm

If Cartman DOES die, then the show will most likely not carry on following the boys without him, but would end up following his exploits in heaven and hell over a season or a two parter. I couldn't see Matt and Trey making a season without their poster child. Though that's the only reason they'd do it; to shock the fans, to keep things fresh. So Cartman *may* die but we wouldn't see the last of him that easily.

Oh, and Stan being the victim of Cartman's plans? That's a new one.

Maybee Kyle THINKS Cartman's lying about dying (like he did with Tourettes) but he really is, and Kyle's getting out his angry before getting sad when Cartman Dies. We may see the boys sans Cartman for an episode or six?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:07 pm

I think i'll wait for this episode to be aired before i give out my honest opinion (Sp?) as i said, i'm not getting a good vibe from the sound of it.

Also, i cannot type while the current picture is up, for me, it's really off-putting. :oops:
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
IZSBHR

Postby IZSBHR » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
IZSBHR wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:In that preview clip, Stan was not there and the boys happen to be playing football, which Stan is supposed to be quite good at. Kyle seems really, rally pissed. Just doing simple math with what I've got, I'll say that cartman has done something to Stan because Stan wasn't anywhere in that clip.

I'm pretty sure Cartman broke into his house.

This image tells all.

It doesn't tell all, it does hint. Whether or not this is Stan's house will be something we find out; it may have been another of Cartman's schemes that fail before Stan is the target.

No, that's KYLE's house. Look at the color.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”