*1201 Tonsil Trouble* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

aparsons

Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion*

Postby aparsons » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:48 am

BRMBug wrote:
Aids Burger wrote:How can a show as cool as South Park have so many bitchy, whiney fans?

Eh, it always seems like there's an equal number of people who love and hate each episode.

That's true and i notice a lot of people just don't like certain episodes because certain characters aren't in them or not enough. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Personally just because my fav character (which of course is kyle) isn't in an episode, that doesn't mean it was sh*tty. There's a lot of them that don't have much or any of kyle in them that i like. But that's just my point of view.
Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Episodes: Tsst, Tonsil Trouble, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Known as kylesbigfan69 on kylefanclub.com
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:11 am

My response to the season opener was mixed, but still found it entertaining. I was laughing away at the Jimmy Buffett medleys, especially the "Margaritaville" bit:

Wastin' away again with HIV and stuff...

The scene where Butters kisses Cartman was hilarious! Perhaps more than the suggestion of the faculty, but a reminder of his bi-curiosity, perhaps?

And yet, as Cartman was sneaking into Kyle's room to pull his stunt, it reminded me a bit of "Ginger Kids" and the "see how he likes it" motif. But I did like the scene the next day as Kyle was beating the crap out of him.

Overall, not the best season opener, but thank God, not the worst either. 7/10, if I had to rate it.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:35 am

:lol: AIDS burger.

Every show has many bitchy, whiny fans. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:50 am

That does it, I'm starting a restaurant. We'll have AIDS burgers, Cure burgers, parent chili, Ice Cream crapping tacos, and S'mores Schnapps shots.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 am

^ Don't forget the salty chocolate balls!

:lol:

The one time I really groaned was the first time Cartman said that "I'm not just sure; I'm HIV-positive" line.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:11 am

Yeah, me too.

Hey, the uploaded video clips aren't downloadable... well, I haven't tried doing a "save target as" in IE yet.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 am

Aids Burger wrote:How can a show as cool as South Park have so many bitchy, whiney fans?

It's the Internet. Were you expecting reasonable and articulate arguments?

Well, I daresay this episode was fraught with the usual spirited rancor and risque provacaterial; however, disappointingly, my yearning for comedic entertainment knew no satiety.

'Tis a shame, that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:40 am

Imo, Kyle's character was on the ball accurate. Rage, and hatred, that's Psychotic Kyle, that's the Kyle i need to see more. To me, kyle's the #2 guy in the clique, Stan being #1, this time Kyle did everything without his buddy, and honestly, I'd rather see Kyle act out his emotions rather than do everything as a peacekeeper.

Some people argue Kyle got what he deserved for laughing. Kyle didn't deserve HIV, since Cartman's an ass to everyone anyways. Cartman getting AIDs was almost like Divine Justice, Kyle's character was on the ball, it was just odd seeing Stan neutral this episode, rather than supportive of Kyle.
jeessy

Postby jeessy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 am

Available for ddl here (South Park S12E01) :

http://tvshowsddl.com/dl/tvshow:352/s:12/e:01

Also, the other episodes (12 seasons, 168 episodes) :

http://tvshowsddl.com/browse/tvshow:352

Cheers :)
James--76

Postby James--76 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:07 am

superiorsavior wrote:Anyone else notice the voices were different, for Lianne especially? Also the charactars did seem very out of charactar, or back in their season 1-3 forms, with the assh*le vindictive Kyle and the stupid Cartman.

The butters/cartman interaction was the best point in the show. Kyle was just a grumpy guts all the way in, it was quite funny to see them ripping on themselves, but they do it too much.

Anyone noticed Matt and Trey's fascination with AIDS? This is like the fourth episode they've done with it as a central theme, and they've done about five songs about it in all their productions...

I don`t think Kyle was an assh*le in the episode i mean he had just been injected with a deadly virus how would you react.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:49 am

Well, this episode kind of fulfilled some South Park wishes, and caveat dreams (heh-heh) for a lot of people. For years, there have been fans who have wanted to see Cartman get AIDS. (I think there have been at least 4 topics on it since I've been here.) For years, Cartman has wanted to give Kyle AIDS. (I mean, it stands to reason that if Cartman has AIDS, he's going to find a way to give it to Kyle, doesn't it?) So it looks like everyone got what they wanted in the end... I-I guess.
themanthecartman

Postby themanthecartman » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:59 am

i hope this episode diodnt offend anyone, but anyway people did get what they want
Favourite Character: Cartman
Favourite Episode: Child Abduction Is Not Funny OR The Jeffersons
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Great episode. Nice way to start off the season.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:30 pm

South Park has never really offended me at any point I can recall - when I was watching the episode, I didn't even think it was supposed to be offensive. Maybe I'm too desensitized?

And Kyle definitely did NOT deserve HIV. He had it coming because it was Cartman, but he didn't deserve it. Even taking away the fact that Cartman's a complete dick, laughing at someone with a disease is hardly equated to actually... getting said disease. That's hardly eye for an eye. Now, throwing in the fact that Cartman really is a complete dick, has wished AIDS on Kyle numerous times, is frequently antagonizing the kid and making these kids of jokes... of course he's going to laugh and it's not going to be a horrible thing to do.

And giving Kyle AIDS is not the worst thing Cartman has ever done. Murdering two people and leaving a son orphaned is far, far worse than giving someone else HIV (no bad even came from it!).
largesponge

Postby largesponge » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Well, I daresay this episode was fraught with the usual spirited rancor and risque provacaterial; however, disappointingly, my yearning for comedic entertainment knew no satiety.

'Tis a shame, that.

May I Say, Kind Sir, that I adore your use of the English Language and would it would be admirable of other registees of this website would speak similar

ps. 2nd viewing, terrible, not even a snigger this time. except the gay jokes. but im stupid like that. 1/10 is my new rating
Last edited by largesponge on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”