*1201 Tonsil Trouble* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion*

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:35 pm

I remember kids saying that when I was ten, so if it hasn't caught on with the "cool kids" by now it never will.XD
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey. Am I the only one who thought Cartman should've been more devastated over the demise of Clyde Frog?
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Infusions wrote:Hey. Am I the only one who thought Cartman should've been more devastated over the demise of Clyde Frog?

No.

Dammit! Dammit-dammit! Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit.
I knew I should have asked Shane if he was sure it wasn't funny sooner. You can probably fill in what I would have done next.
purple angel 87

Postby purple angel 87 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:56 pm

I thought this was an ok episode. I was shocked when Cartman had HIV, and then gave it to Kyle. Never thought any of the kids would get HIV. I thought both Kyle and Cartman were such jerks in this episode. Why? Kyle laughing at Cartman for having HIV, and Cartman giving Kyle HIV. Butters was sweet, and Stan was sympathetic to Cartman. I thought the ending was funny, tough. When the announcer talks about Cartman and Kyle being friends, Kyle tells him that they're not and he had HIV because of Cartman, then the announcer said that they were LOVERS! LOL!

Wished there could've been more to the episode, but overall, it was ok. Hope the next episode is better.
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Do you guys think they'll post what the new ep will be tonight? (Sorry, I forget if they post it Sunday or Monday)
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Did anyone notice a quirk in the animation - right before Kyle shouts "Will you stop it already? (or something similar in reference to the HIV+ line)" at Cartman in Magic's house?

It looks like Kyle was originally animated to shout something else, but they changed the dialogue; his mouth starts moving before any actual words come out.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:07 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Did anyone notice a quirk in the animation - right before Kyle shouts "Will you stop it already? (or something similar in reference to the HIV+ line)" at Cartman in Magic's house?

It looks like Kyle was originally animated to shout something else, but they changed the dialogue; his mouth starts moving before any actual words come out.

When I saw it, I thought he was like, getting ready to be angry by shaking his fists and closing his eyes tightly then just exploding with anger.

I think it was more about timing. If Cartman had said "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive." and Kyle instantly replied "STOP IT ALREADY", it would've felt as if he was psychic and he knew he was going to say that.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:32 am

Bug wrote:No.

God that's some quick art. Poor poor Cartman! The next episode should be a clyde Frog memorial or something :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
nicmarlonsp

Postby nicmarlonsp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:50 am

Well, I think there where none first season episode cooler than Scott Tenorman Must Die. Good Times With Weapons it's nice too... But Tonsil Trouble wasn't boring like
With Apologies To Jeese Jackson.
jawe76

Postby jawe76 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am

I have all dvds recorded all shows and after tonight i will no longer do any of that , this was the worst absolute lowest show i ever seen from south park. for a friend to give another friend hiv deliberatly!! this was serious sh*t and u alll f*cked it way up and out of line , im done with south park my god!!!!! what the hell were u thinking watch your ratings!!!! now!! huhhmph!!!!! Im appauled you all went from a++++to ----- -0 in 30 minuets in my opinion.
nicmarlonsp

Postby nicmarlonsp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 am

jawe76 wrote:I have all dvds recorded all shows and after tonight i will no longer do any of that , this was the worst absolute lowest show i ever seen from south park. for a friend to give another friend hiv deliberatly!! this was serious sh*t and u alll f*cked it way up and out of line , im done with south park my god!!!!! what the hell were u thinking watch your ratings!!!! now!! huhhmph!!!!! Im appauled you all went from a++++to ----- -0 in 30 minuets in my opinion.

My God, he must be a Simpsons fan... ¬¬
I don't think it was a sooooo bad episode!
candies

Postby candies » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:57 am

What is everybody problem with this episode? Someone please explain.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:16 am

nicmarlonsp wrote:My God, he must be a Simpsons fan... ¬¬

Now what the hell would that have to do with anything? Enlighten me.

And the episode simply wasn't anything outstanding. Not terrible, not excellent. A little above mediocre. The sheer outrage some people are having to this one really displays that some people need to... take a step back and recognize that it is just a TV show and not anything all that, uh, serious.
chodestone

mer

Postby chodestone » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 am

the episode was alright, was hoping there would be a few more 'make me laugh out loud' moments... i think i only counted one or two.

but when cartman put his blood in kyles mouth, that was dark.

6/10
ur_a_towel

Postby ur_a_towel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:00 am

how could you not think that cartman would give kyle hiv somehow after kyle was laughing at him so much? or that he would at least try to.

but still, overall not much of a laugh out loud episode, and in my opinion, very disappointing for a season opener.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”