*1201 Tonsil Trouble* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

James--76

Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion*

Postby James--76 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:31 pm

jeqis wrote::shock: I cant beleive Cartman gave aids to Kyle, it is unbeleivable how Cartman would think that he would get even by giving Kyle Aids... This must be the worst thing Cartman has ever done, I think its even worse from when he killed Scott Tenorman's parents.

But all in all i think this is the best episode yet, due to southpark solving aids and once again Kyle kicks Cartmans ASS, that was just awsome :lol:

Reading other reviews theres alot of people who didn`t like kyle`s reaction to cartmans hiv don`t forget all the sh*t that cartman has put kyle through over the last few seasons, also how would you react if someone gave you aids.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Pencheff

Postby Pencheff » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:14 pm

I doubt that a many people got that episode.
Trey and Matt sent a message with this episode, funny for the smart ones because they already know what the guys "said" with this episode and hilarious for the dumb guys that are all like "omg now they joke about deadly disease, they are so great" I will not though spoil you with the answer, I will wait a little. If none of the next 5 people give me the correct answer I will tell you.
castkeky

Postby castkeky » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:34 pm

sesly! that episode was hilarious! love love to matt n trey,
why r some of y'all so surprised by how 'random' the cure 4 aids (cash) was??
It IS the cure 4 aids. i think they totally can afford to to do the research and cure ppl, but then there'd b too many ppl in the world esp africa, they dont want the 3rd world to develop. 'they' being the big world controllers- higher than tha governments.. one of lifes lil secrets i feel da same way abt the common cold/flu...
anyhoo i loved all the already classic quotes.. "i'm not just sure- i'm HIV positive.." (its now my facebook status- hah) and the lil pause after so it could sink in.. it's cheesy yet JOOOKES!
south park rarely shocks me, and today was no exception, it didnt shock me at all, when u realise what awful sh*t is goin on in this world it takes a lot in a tv show to shock me. to b honest this episode reminded me of a proper old skool south park ep., it was all abt the boys and one main story.. with a lot of sweetness. The style of it just seemed as retro as aids- cartman wasnt even that mean- but maybe thats cos he knew he was dying... heh
and jimmy buffet singing.. i love treys silly singing voices, ahh!! and the cheesy keyboard in the bankground. hahah frickin hi-la-ri-ous.
i thoroughly enjoyed, sugoy ne!
can't wait til next week.
M'n'T: I love u guys x x x
skacraze330

Postby skacraze330 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:35 pm

I am HIV positive that i loved this episode

anyone who said kyle's reaction was bad.............don't tell me you weren't laughing when they told eric he had HIV....
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
j-rab

Postby j-rab » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:42 pm

skacraze330 wrote:I am HIV positive that i loved this episode

Nice one :)
anyone who said kyle's reaction was bad.............don't tell me you weren't laughing when they told eric he had HIV....

As I stated before, I was shocked and a little disturbed that got Cartman got HIV (totally wasn't expecting that), as for Kyle, well you laugh at someone with a serious illness and this is what you get.
Daywalker

Postby Daywalker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Personally I thought that it was great seeing that part of Kyle- the part that isn't "good". I love that Kyle provides a force of good against Cartman's force of evil, but it's fun when he's a little evil too.

Thought the episode was great and the first episode that's I've shown someone purely to watch THEIR reaction since "Scott Tenormen Must Die"
mrbgag

Postby mrbgag » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:55 pm

I have to say, VERY DISAPPOINTED!.Not a funny line in the entire show. Nothing....
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Best show on television, but not their best episode.

I wish I could have pitched this idea: to start the whole shit-rollercoaster going, it would have been awesome if during the surgery Cartman underwent that "anaesthetic consciousness" -- where people are conscious and feel everything during a surgery, but they appear to be unconscious to everyone else.

If he would have gone through that AND gotten AIDS, that woulda been awesome.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
marco74

Postby marco74 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:33 pm

hotcarl84 wrote:I think South Park has raised the bar too high in the past, that they can't reach it anymore. I was expecting a new, edgy, and controversial first episode of the new season. Instead, I saw one of the gayest south parks in recent memory. I just kept waiting for the real episode to come out but it never did. Let's just hope this is an isolated episode, or else I think this could be the steady downfall of the writers running out of ideas for the show.

Totally agree
Arudap

Postby Arudap » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:48 pm

episode was ok.

not that good but i have faith in this 12 season.

the episode was cool, didn't like the ending at all, was a bit obvious and everything solved too fast.

also, when I first heard that Cartman had AIDS I expected to see some reference from "Jared Has Aides"

we all thought aids was funny now.

plothole?

who cares, it's goddamn south park.
Lains

Postby Lains » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:21 pm

Seriously...this episode wasn't that funny. The HIV positive thing was funny once, then Cartman kept saying it over and over and over. Also, Cartman...is so...I don't know. It was very like him to give Kyle AIDS, but then the rest of the episode he was pretty much out of character.

If they focused less on making all the boys seem gay for each other these recent episodes would be so much better.
sachaline

Postby sachaline » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:42 pm

I enjoyed the episode, can't wait for more :cartmansmile:
.Stoch

Postby .Stoch » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Awesome episode. I loved it, 9/10. It was funny, and didn't have to deal with current events. I mean... AIDs is so... retro. Best quote ever.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:07 pm

jeqis wrote: :shock: I cant beleive Cartman gave aids to Kyle, it is unbeleivable how Cartman would think that he would get even by giving Kyle Aids... This must be the worst thing Cartman has ever done, I think its even worse from when he killed Scott Tenorman's parents.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. I gotta say, Cartman injecting that needle into his arm and then into Kyle's mouth has got to be one of the most f*cked up things they've ever done on South Park.

And about the HIV positive joke, it was funny at first in a corny kinda way, but then it started getting annoying, until Kyle finally called Cartman out about it. "This isn't funny, so shut the f*ck up."

I think I laughed the most during the scene when Kyle is kicking Cartman's ass and Mr. Mackey steps in. His classic line worked perfectly there. "Break it up, mmkay!!" I dunno, I just thought it was really funny. XD

Oh, and about the new intro, I like the fact that they compiled many episodes throughout the series into it. And the boys popping up from the sides is kinda cute, but I'm definitely gonna miss the whole being built with construction paper thing.
Last edited by DevilAngel16 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:15 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:I think I laughed the most during the scene when Kyle is kicking Cartman's ass and Mr. Mackey steps in. His classic line worked perfectly there. "Break it up, mmkay!!" I dunno, I just thought it was really funny. XD

HAHA I LOVED THAT. I loved him trying to grab them at first and being all "Mmkay! Mmkay!" and just following them around, lmao.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”