*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Delilah

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Delilah » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:11 pm

I thought that this was a pretty good episode. It definently wasn't the best, but I sure don't think it was awful like a lot of people seem to think. It was very dark and kinda disturbing, yet the whole message about building celebrities up only so they can be knocked down was darkly true. It had its good and moments, and its bad moments. I'd give it a 6.5/10.
Last edited by Delilah on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:20 pm

James--76 wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:Cade

After rewatching, i think Stan and Kyle sung at the end because they accepted defeat. Look through the characters taking pictures. You'll see Ms. rice amongst the masses, and with everyone chanting, you can see the world was in on it.

I guess they felt then and there they couldn't save Miley from the world, and must let fate run its course.

Dude you seem alittle uneasy about the ending with stan & kyle`s actions i watched it twice now take into account there body language they looked at each other and then sung looking away if they had looked at each other and smiled then sung then there might have been some mallice in it.

I read between the lines man, I look for deeper meanings, and I love delving into the characters. I'm trying to find if they caved in, or not. It's possibly opinion based, but I can't think that after all they went through in the episode.
Luft

Postby Luft » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't think it was that good, it just wasn't funny. I hate all this celebrity gossip bullsh*t, but really that's why celebrities get paid millions of $. Because they have to deal with having no privacy, it's part of the package.

The only bit I liked was the debate in the beginning, do an episode about the election please.
iiheoma

Postby iiheoma » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 pm

No one said it wasn't SMART. No one said it wasn't a CLEVER CONCEPT. It just WASN'T THAT FUNNY!! People are on the forum chastising those who didn't enjoy it when it doesn't compare in humor to even the most average South Park episodes.

SOUTH PARK is an unbelievable show because it is able to take a stance on issues and cleverly create a funny episode to discuss how they feel about that issue: "Best Friends Forever, Cartman Sucks, etc."

People understand what Matt and Trey were thinking. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand the concept, it wasn't that complicated. It just really wasn't that funny!!! 3/10
Vick Ferrari

Postby Vick Ferrari » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:22 pm

IThis episode was one of the funniest ones yet.
dorkjackson

Postby dorkjackson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:24 pm

I thought the episode was good in parts, but I personally prefered 'Tonsil Trouble'.

8/10
joey_the_master

Postby joey_the_master » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Oh lord. I really dont know what to say about this episode, I mean it started off okay, but the comedy kinda trailed off towards the end. After a first viewing I give it 6/10. I may rewatch it again later and check for comedy.
OMGZ ITZ TEH INTERNETZ
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:28 pm

I thought that episode was….really, really f*cking weird.

I mean, it started off fine, I guess. The beginning was pretty good. I was thinking this episode was going to turn out pretty well. That is, up until the part Britney shot herself. That’s when it all started to go downhill to me.

I only laughed twice throughout the entire thing. I laughed when Cartman said, “Alright, just flash us your crotch, or something.” (Stupid, yes, but I got a giggle out of that line.) And I laughed when Trey said “BRITNEY WATCH” the third time. The way he said it was just so hilarious. “BRITNEYYYY WAWWWTCHHH!” XDD (Oh, and the Hillary/Obama part was pretty good, too.)

But the plot of this episode really was messed up. Come on…everyone wanting Britney to self sacrifice herself for harvest? WTF? I understand that they were parodying some sort of movie and book, but it was still kinda stupid.

I did get the message though, that the paparazzi really is obsessed with Britney Spears and every other celebrity for that matter, and that they all should just lay off a little bit. They did a good job at portraying that, I guess.

Sorry, but I wasn’t a fan of this episode. The boys weren’t used too well in this one, either. I feel that Matt and Trey could’ve made this a lot better.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:31 pm

1. The point wasn't that the media are evil, but that we're all evil. We all revel in the downfall of the Sacrifices; the media are just tools toward that end.

2a. I think Trey Parker wants to kill himself. Someone should make a video compilation of all the South Park characters who have put a gun to their heads and pulled the trigger or hung themselves, etc. Lots and lots. Gotta be a mental projection. (That or it could be me mentally projecting my own death desires onto Trey Parker's subconscious.)

2b. But I do think the shotgunning of Britney's head in this episode made the most metaphorical sense in that she's been trying to kill herself for a couple years now and they just took it to a logical and absurd end. That was clever.

3. The Lottery is a great short story. I recommend it whether you liked this episode or not. It's disturbing in a good way.

4. "Britney Wowtch!"

5. I don't know if it was intentional, but there's a funny parallel between the presidential debates being interrupted by the aforementioned "Britney Wowtch!" and it turning out that Britney's sacrifice made for a better America (via the harvest), rather than anything the politicians do or say.

6. The backgrounds in Britney's death scene were beautiful. Well done, animators!

7. The Butters thing definitely seemed like an aborted B-story.

8. I agree it was strange that Cartman didn't take the picture.

9. Funny ending/denouement with the boys joining the demented chorus. I think it was kind of like Matt and Trey (and crew) saying that no matter who we are, we all join in the sacrifice.

10. Britney looked really chubby when she died. That must have been embarrassing!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
szali

Postby szali » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:56 pm

:parishilton: what is this?? after the awesome classical episode The List, what did we get??

ok, i got the morals, they are still there (and i especially liked them this time!) but older eps had a twisted plot too, and more funny moments than Britney moving around without her head.

i'm totally fed up with these kinds of episodes, featuring 4 kids total, among which Cartman and Butters being there for almost nothing. and Butters playing some animal is just too old.

and, Cartman did not even photograph her... sorry, this ep was just SCREWED UP. 3/10
Hankie

Postby Hankie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Hello, I'm french.

I wanted to know :

What are saying Hillary at (2:38) ??
jennib1975

Postby jennib1975 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Did you see how fat Britney looked? YUCK! :lol:

I thought it was great!!!! I love how Matt and Trey can preach to us and point out all of our 'wrongs' in a funny way. Making fun of ourselves is awesome! But they aren't trying to make themselves into a 'holier than thou' group... and proved that by having the boys join in the singing at the end.

I see the show as a way to reach the masses. Trey and Matt use it as a way to speak their mind... We should all have an outlet like that.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Re:

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Hankie wrote:Hello, I'm french.

I wanted to know :

What are saying Hillary at (2:38) ??

...and spearchuckers. "Spearchucker" is a derogatory term for a black person.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 pm

I actually read "the Lottery" and this episode was NONTHING like the book, at least as far as I know it.

They pick numbers and sacrifice someone for a harvest, but they got tired of a few people and decided to gang up on them. Kind of sad actually.

They actually had to decide on the fate of a few. In the end, I think they killed them all, but idk because I read it three years ago.
Nerys

Postby Nerys » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:51 pm

The way they made us think they were going to rip on Britney like everyone else is doing...and then what the episode actually dealt with was the so-called civilization and the evil and darkest espects of human nature... damn brilliant in my opinion :wink:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”