*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:36 am

I've posted it once, I'll do it again...
:lol:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:52 am

BRMBug wrote:I've posted it once, I'll do it again...
:lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:47 pm

:lol: :lol:

I was going to do another one, but there's no "UUGGH!" mouth.
Nerys

Postby Nerys » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:27 pm

Even if I said that I loved the episode, I still admit it wasn’t one of the best in terms of writing and directing…yet, I’ve been thinking about it all day long…I can’t take it off my mind and it left me with a weird sadness, cause it was such a strong, dark but true metaphor…

Wow…after 11 years this show is still able to confuse, shock and piss off not just viewers in general, but also ITS OWN FANS… and that’s a f*cking brilliant way of making television.
pinputt

Postby pinputt » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:50 pm

godie_biel wrote:From Youtube ! "Pleaaaseeee leave Britney alone bwaaa . . . bwaa. . . .bwaa leave her alooonee !!!", hey maybe that fruitcake is now working in South Park !! Sorry but i have to agree that was a boring episode, the only laughable part was Butters !! and again leave BRITNEY ALOOONE BWAAAAHAHAA !!!

LOL!
For anybody who hasn't seen it yet
(Its a MUST) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

and also this 'sequel' to it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCZSDxA8_JA
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 pm

I liked it a lot, it still felt like a very different ep to me, which is very nice. But wow, I think these two eps have been a definite dump to starting the new season. It could all change in a heartbeat though. I know they can do it.
I think maybe they are trying too hard to make some brilliant obtuse point, and it all gets muddied in "a hat on a hat" things. Not nearly as bad as A Million Little Fibres, but there are great episodes in both ideas that have nearly shone through, but have been drowned a little bit. Maybe my subtle worry, removed from my consciousness quickly (as it works with all thing that become true), that their 75 million dollar deal would suck a lot of the spirit out of them. As it has plenty of the substance from this website, even if it has more "content", its more a shrine to the show now, as opposed to a innocent little collective not bent on more money. Why do they need more money!?
They're still extremely humble, according to the newest interview but... oh, maybe its because they wanted to focus their energies on making the last few years really great (as it says in the interview), and naturally, they're forcing it upon themselves in such a way, as often happens to people, that they can't get the work done to their expectations, perpetually, resulting in a free fall of work...
But lets not think there, I presume I'm hyperbolizing.
Either way, liked it a lot, more than Tonsil Trouble actually. Its probably all been covered whats seen as nice about it.
Okay, one thing I don't get, how can a SP be boring!? Its only 22 minutes! Where are people's attention spans? And with all this fandom in your consciousness brewing up a little bit while you watch... I don't see how anyone could be bored. For those who are bored, you may enjoy some more self discipwine.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:20 pm

I thought it was okay.
GoGoGoRCT3

Postby GoGoGoRCT3 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Blah, not a brilliant episode..

Had so much potential as well.
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:10 pm

(My Apologies)

Personally, i really didn't like this episode, one reason was because when it said "The Boys" in the pre-air preview, i was hoping for our classic 4. Turns out it was just Stan and Kyle, which was a bit of a let down.

For me, there wasn't that much humor in it either, the only thing that really gave me a good laugh was the fact that Britany NEEDED to die, i found that likeable.

One last thing, i did notice a few familiar faces, such as that DJ from "You got F'd in the A" and i did see a guy who looked like Trevor McDonald

My Score: 2.9/10

(Sorry)
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:Why is Michael "Jefferson" Jackson a bad guy and Britney a martyr?

Britney hasn't started molesting kids yet.

Game, Set, Match.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
clone

Postby clone » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:19 pm

I didnt think it was very good, quite boring acctually.It was funny qat the end though with Hannah Montana on the news.I rate it 4/10
You shall respect my athority!!
muffins4567

Postby muffins4567 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:14 pm

man, this episode creeped the hell out of me. It was good, but creepy. It made me uncomfortable watching it. I loved Kyle in his wig though.
Crtmn12

Postby Crtmn12 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:05 pm

10/10, enough said

ProuD MembeR OF ThE StaN SocietY
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Ugh. I hated this episode a lot. This one's probably on my 'Do Not Watch Again' list.

The Good- Bitchy Slut died.

The Bad- The storyline was hardly there. It was basically a horde of paparazzi following that whore around, her failing at everything, and the boys feeling utterly sorry for blowing away half her head off. I felt like Kyle and Stan were pretty out of character, and Kyle faking as Bitchy Slut was the last straw. The ending was weak and there was hardly anything that made me laugh, besides her blowing half her head off and keeling over dead at the end. This episode kind of marred Stan and Kyle's original characters and pushed them to the side, moping about 'OMG!!11!!1! We killed [Bitchy Slut]!!1!'. Weak. Just weak.

Final rating- 2/10.
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:40 pm

BRMBug wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:

I was going to do another one, but there's no "UUGGH!" mouth.

No she isn't, she's sacrifice for harvest. :shock:

In all seriousness, this episode REALLY made me have more respect for her. The paparazzi is TOO hard on her, but to be defined as a celebrity, you need a paparazzi, just not to THAT extent.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”