*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Erikmcl

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Erikmcl » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 pm

People only dislike this episode because they don't get it. It was great. If you've read the short story "The Lottery" then you probably thought this episode was great. If you didn't like this episode...it's probably cause you're an idiot.
southparkmaster777

Postby southparkmaster777 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Erikmcl wrote:People only dislike this episode because they don't get it. It was great. If you've read the short story "The Lottery" then you probably thought this episode was great. If you didn't like this episode...it's probably cause you're an idiot.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I didn't read "The Lottery" but this episode was hilarious. I loved how they made fun of all of the media around Britney! And the end was just genious!!!!
Cartman kicks ass!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 pm

The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:25 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:Why is Michael "Jefferson" Jackson a bad guy and Britney a martyr?

Britney hasn't started molesting kids yet.

Game, Set, Match.

:lol: I should have seen that one coming. Poor Blanket.

Erikmcl wrote:People only dislike this episode because they don't get it. It was great. If you've read the short story "The Lottery" then you probably thought this episode was great. If you didn't like this episode...it's probably cause you're an idiot.

Oh! OH!!!! I get it now!! Thanks for setting us all straight, you incredibly perceptive person! :roll:
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:38 pm

If anyone is an idiot, it is you. We've went over this episode several times, WE ALL GOT THE F*CKING MESSAGE. This was not a cryptic episode people. If you liked this episode, it is because you are a lapdog who would probably suck Trey Parker's dick if he was in front of you and offered you a voice in the show. When you don't get the job. you'd defend him saying that it was really a message about the satisfaction NOW culture of America. We got the message of the episode and I sure as hell agreed with it, but the plot was eighty percent fail, the jokes were ninety-three percent fail, and the VMA scene was one-hundred and ten percent fail. Idiot.
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
polkadotjewel

Postby polkadotjewel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:39 pm

I've read The Lottery, and I saw the reference to it when I saw the episode. I thought the episode was good, but I don't think it's great.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Pip Tweek wrote: :lol: I should have seen that one coming. Poor Blanket.

To be fair though, in "The Jefferson," Michael was presented as he was 25 years ago - a man child who was careless with Blanket. He wasn't presented as a child molester - that accusation came from Cartman. To everyone else, Michael was eccentric, a man living the childhood he missed out on performing as part of the Jackson 5 and then as a solo act. He was the most harmless of pedophiles: a man who simply enjoyed the company of kids without any sexual attraction to them. Michael being a man in his 40s (now 50, I think), this doesn't make him any less creepy.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:39 pm

you liked this episode, it is because you are a lapdog who would probably suck Trey Parker's dick if he was in front of you and offered you a voice in the show

Firstly, that's just not true. Some people can hold different senses of humour to you (i hate Jackovasaurus, lice-capades and Tonsil Trouble/ love Pip, NWMA and Britney's new look) and different political outlooks. I liked the message of this one, that the media should find something more important to speak about than her boob size and stains on her shirt (if you thought it was a Chris Crocker cry agains the media you really didn't see the message) but it was mainly about the humour this time.

Seccondly, who WOULDN'T suck Trey's nob even if the job wasn't offered? You get to offer HIM a Job that way :)

Shane wrote:the VMA scene was one-hundred and ten percent fail

Ok, I agree there.

Will wrote:He wasn't presented as a child molester - that accusation came from Cartman

The message of that episode, was that he was never prooven to be a molester, but the cheap-asses in the world like Cartman want him to be, so they can "sacrifice" him to ridicule. They're just jelous. But M and T wanted to show he wasn't the person his defenders love. They like presenting both sides of any argument. He wasn't a monster there, and Britney wasn't a martyre here, it was more the messages built on the satire in those two episodes that mattered. They were FUNNY though at any level.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:04 am

i found it distasteful like all the rest. nothing special though, "pretty farm."
its not kosher

Postby its not kosher » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:17 am

You know a show's in trouble when previously bad episodes look good in comparison to new ones; "Pip"'s a fuckign "Awesome-O" compared to this piece of sh*t. One of the worst episodes I've ever seen.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:20 am

Big-Will wrote:Image

Image Image Image Image
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:24 am

Cerially, I want to know why people don't find this funny. I thought the show was going downhill, saw this, and saw it was good. What's with this hate SP fad all of a sudden?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:46 am

Super, you are different from a Lapdog fan because you actually defend what you believe. Lapdogs don't, they just praise and praise. As for the hate SP fad- I don't hate the series, just one episode so far this season. And my question is this: I didn't find anything in the episode to be funny, so what did you find funny?
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
sublime90

Postby sublime90 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:06 am

i really didnt enjoy this episode. loved the begining when they make fun of her and she shoots herself, but then it became a "lets feel bad for britney" epsiode. i expected the boys, especially cartman to be more hardcore toward her. i have no idea what the whole harvest and corn was about, i just dont get it. a few funny parts but it was mostly boring. one of the worst episodes ive seen.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:17 am

superiorsavior wrote:What's with this hate SP fad all of a sudden?

I can't speak for the people coming out of the woodwork saying they're through watching SP. As for me personally, I'm still waiting for season 12 to hit its stride. I so far haven't really enjoyed this new season, but by now I know that SP may have lulls, but it always manages to come back.

Most importantly, I'm not going to say the last episode "was not funny." If someone else found it funny, I'm not going to sit and debate them on why it's not funny; I just said my piece on why I didn't find it funny.

superiorsavior wrote:Cerially, I want to know why people don't find this funny.

First of all, I'm familiar with the story "The Lottery," but I DON'T think the satire was an appropriate metaphor for the general public's reaction to Britney's personal life as portrayed in the media.

In the end of the episode Britney died because of "everyone" - not just the paparazzi, but the general public as well. There she was, poor helpless Britney as the whole western world closed in around her with their cameras and "killed" her.

Is society responsible for the conditions of Britney's current life? Or maybe, just maybe, could her circumstances be the consequences of her own poor judgment?

There's no humor in a satire that's imposed on a half-baked premise. THAT'S why I didn't find it funny.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”