*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Papelucho

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Papelucho » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:42 am

I can't believe how many people don't get this episode. It's kind of sad that the light bulbs didn't go off, but it's also exactly what the episode is about.

The media is an extension of each of us. We are killing Brittney Spears. This episode is genius, and I didn't even know about the "Lottery" reference.

Do we have some deep need to watch someone else's destruction? Is this desire part of being a human?
Since we have a media, does that mean we can just feed our senses anything we want and still claim innocence? This episode was f*&%ing awesome.

If you thought it sucked, it's probably because it flew way over your head. Moving on...
dorkjackson

Postby dorkjackson » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:02 pm

I can't believe how many people don't get this episode. It's kind of sad that the light bulbs didn't go off, but it's also exactly what the episode is about.

The media is an extension of each of us. We are killing Brittney Spears. This episode is genius, and I didn't even know about the "Lottery" reference.

Do we have some deep need to watch someone else's destruction? Is this desire part of being a human?
Since we have a media, does that mean we can just feed our senses anything we want and still claim innocence? This episode was f*&%ing awesome.

If you thought it sucked, it's probably because it flew way over your head. Moving on...

No, I got the message, I just didn't think there were that many funny parts.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:40 pm

If you thought it sucked, it's probably because it flew way over your head.

Nope. I thought it sucked because it wasn't funny. South Park is an animation comedy and so SHOULD be funny. Since it wasn't, it sucked. Message can be deep and all, but as I've said time and time again, without the comedy... you got nothin.
steveehermann

Postby steveehermann » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:58 pm

This episode was absolutely "brilliant"
After I got over the shock of the "in your face" graphics, I thought the writers sent an excellent message to us, the public, of how we build up and idolize people, only later to utterly destroy and tear them apart. I was laughing and shaking my head thinking, "It's so funny and so true."
The subplots were ironic as well. I am sickened how we stick our heads in the sand in the face of important world issues, while we are consumed with nonsense about our "superstars"
Bravo South Park! This episode is a classic and a disturbing mirror of our American society. :unhoodedkenny: steveehermann
bla2706

Postby bla2706 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:04 pm

This was to wierd for me. I know someone that blew there head off for real , but they did not live to tell about it. I did see a headless woman that was in a fair once. She just sat there and moved her arms back and forth.. hehehe :mrgreen:
ntguru5

Postby ntguru5 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:11 am

The paparazzi/monster scene kinda reminded me of "I Am Legend"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 pm

Papelucho wrote:I can't believe how many people don't get this episode. It's kind of sad that the light bulbs didn't go off, but it's also exactly what the episode is about.

I got the message you arrogant S.O.B.
It just waasn't that great of a message the episode was extremely unfunny. Read what people say before you decide to say, 'LOL IT WENT OVER YOUR HEAD'.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
skippy78

Postby skippy78 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:50 am

I have to agree with all the haters of this episode, it just really wasn't funny. I get the message and all that but I don't really care, I would rather laugh. Screwed up celebrities really aren't that funny unless you're making fun of Mel Gibson, how true South Park turned out to be about that guy, what a loon. :parishilton:
nomed4947

Postby nomed4947 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:56 pm

got to say when i originally saw this one, i wasn't thrilled with the ending, seemed cheap to me, figured if there going to do that might as well bring out the crab people,

After looking up the "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
makes alot more sense, i'll have to watch it again soon

still a dark episode though
vigma23

Postby vigma23 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:33 am

Ok, so When I saw this I didn't know what to expect. I knew it was going to be funny and I was right. Even when Britney's head was blown off (well Half Of It anways) People picked on her weight and if she had zits or not. Overall a pretty good episode. :timmy:
maibae

Postby maibae » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:37 am

hello, what is the song that plays when they want to sacrifice Britney?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:06 am

Go and watch "The Omen" and you'll find out.

God dammit. Trey, you suck. Every time something happens that makes me say "Oh no", my brain puts the gurgley-Britt "oh no" in right after it.
Papelucho

Postby Papelucho » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:04 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
I got the message you arrogant S.O.B.
It just waasn't that great of a message the episode was extremely unfunny. Read what people say before you decide to say, 'LOL IT WENT OVER YOUR HEAD'.

We use the media as a way to escape our own responsibility. It allows us to blame others for things that we don't like.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 pm

So you've basically run out of things to say and can't really defend your insulting remarks?
Thought so.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Papelucho

Postby Papelucho » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks for taking the time to talk about my posts so much. :wink: It's a shane that we never got around to discussing the content of the episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”