*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

largesponge

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby largesponge » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:53 am

wow. i cannot believe so many people hate this ep.

i went back to its roots of ridiculous stories with some HILARIOUS scenes, and yet, people are still not happy? confusing to me. even the people who wanted 'less cartman and butters' were not happy.

in MY personal opinion, this comes in my top 5 episodes of all time, i could not stop laughing from the first time i saw britney post-shotgun. the media was also hit perfectly.

simply brilliant ep. 100000000 times funnier than crappy tonsil trouble. roll on season 12!
Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again
Nforcer

Postby Nforcer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:26 am

Very average, end was only redeemable feature
It_Took_A_While

Postby It_Took_A_While » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:07 am

I'm just not liking this season so far. It seems that Parker and Stone are going more for shock value then the fun innocent humor they used to do. I thought the commentary was great, but not very funny and some of the characters were, umm...out of character. I was really hoping that the South Park kids would be graduated to the 5th grade this season, but it doesn't look that way. I was hoping that South Park would poke fun at the issues 5th graders go through.

I hear this is the last year of Parker and Stones contract for South Park. I would be ok if they decided to take a year off to gather their old South Park style again.

Signed: Long Time Fan
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:19 am

What the f*ck, man. That was actually really messed up...and not really in the good way either.

The start of the ep was good, quite funny, honestly I think they should have directed the episode more in the electoral direction. I'm sure it would have been a lot funnier that way.

Half-way through the ep, after Britteny shot herself and became a singer with less than half a head, well, yeah, it just got really weird and a little twisted, even for me.

I'm gonna give it a 6/10, but only because the first 3-5 minutes of the ep were awesome, and I agree with the inner message that celebrity hype is pretty ridiculous, and the rest of it was just...blargh...

Hoping the next one will be better.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:33 am

It_Took_A_While wrote:I hear this is the last year of Parker and Stones contract for South Park. I would be ok if they decided to take a year off to gather their old South Park style again.

Your source is wrong. They inked a deal (last summer?) that extends the contract through 2011.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:27 am

you liked this episode, it is because you are a lapdog who would probably suck Trey Parker's dick if he was in front of you and offered you a voice in the show

Were you just referring to him or to people who actually liked the episode? I'm thinking it's the former.

I must admit that I'm really sick and tired of this 'simple as' view people take with South Park which some people share- like we're not allowed to think negatively of the show or like an episode. These people come on here and start going on about 'it's the message. all the message.' and then say we either don't get it or we're plain idiots for not understanding it.

South Park is still a comedy - it doesn't matter how good the message is or how smart something is. If it's not funny when it tries to me, it bombs. If it's funny, it's good. South Park has been able to have good messages and still be funny. But lately, it's not. It has been funny in some parts but the rest has been ridiculous plot stories that only some will find funny.

I liked this episode because there were some parts where it was funny to me but the VMA's scene was, I admit, very unfunny. Could have done much more, really. The 'half a head' thing was funny up to a certain point and then the plot sort of got too ridiculous to be funny - the ending was horrible. If they had changed that ending, I might have liked it alot more. But I felt so let down.. I'm hopeful that South Park see' this criticism (which is very large in number) and starts to see how they can improve and get themselves back to the episodes of before - if they can do it with Imagionationland and 'The List', they can definately do it with these episodes.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Mills, people can like this episode, but a Lapdog fan is one who won't defend why they like it or like every episode without fail. there are lots of people who aren't Lapdogs who like this episode here in the thread.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Stop saying "Lapdog". It's annoying. Seriously.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:33 pm

If you can find a word that can more accurately describe those I label Lapdogs, then by all means suggest it. Until then, I will use it.:p
That's how it's down here on the farm!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Cool. Yeah, I hear you, Shane.

I think it more of 'fanboyism' - when someone is so into South Park that they refuse to see any negative feedback, using insults and such or just saying that it's about the 'message' and that Matt and Trey are 'smart' people.

Then you have the 'simple as' people who say that someone who likes/dislikes an episode is #insert insult#. That really, really grinds my gears because these people can't back up their view so they do that instead. Blergh. Pisses me off.

But all these episodes have been written by Trey Parker - what about Matt Stone? Has he just been moved aside in terms of writing and such?

Also, to be honest, if they're going to rip anything/anybody... please let it is Heather Mills. I hate her and her annoying ramblings where she pictures herself as a victim of the press and getting 'worse press than a pedophile'. That woman does not deserve £24.3 million... :(
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:08 pm

There was a little article in the sun yesterday about this episode it read "Britney shoots herself in the face when cartman and co intice her on, when they want to get a sneeky photo the bad taste cartoon was aird yesterday in the states"
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:31 pm

It seems that Parker and Stone are going more for shock value then the fun innocent humor they used to do

They used to do innocent humour? Tell that to the right :)

But seriously, all those "traditionalists" who hate the new episodes simply because they're new, why? They've always gone for shock value, but I don't think this episode went for that. Call me sick, but I wasn't shocked or grossed out once by this episode. Some bits were funny, some unfunny.

Also, to be honest, if they're going to rip anything/anybody... please let it is Heather Mills.

Not to sound like a "simple as fanboy" but I'm getting sick of this now. The episode clearly wasn't ripping on Britney, it was ripping on the media. They actually DID have a message with this one, but didn't get too self rightious and stuck up their asses with it unlike the last ep.

some of the characters were, umm...out of character

That's the big problem I had with this episode. Stan and Kyle were more "mouthpiece" charactars than ever. Well, Stan got this bad in "Biggest Douch in the Universe" but Kyle and Butters have never got so into message sending.

I was hoping that South Park would poke fun at the issues 5th graders go through

Considering how well the last grade-change phase went (season 6) I'd love that too, but matt and trey delt with most 5th grader issues in the 4th grade.

100000000 times funnier than crappy tonsil trouble. roll on season 12!

Exactly. People hate it because the last episode was crap. Becasuae they expected this to be sh*t. I found it ROTFLOL funny, EXCEPT FOR THE POLITICAL BIT at the start. Am I the only one who found that as Drab as everyone's accents? Hill's spear-chucker comment was good tho.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 pm

I didn't particularly enjoy it, in comparison to last week's ep. I didn't go into it with high hopes though simply because I really didn't want any Britney thrmed episode in the first place, so eh.

Spearchuckers had me laughing so bad I had to stop the episode though for like, 5 minutes, that came out of f*cking nowhere. Utterly great.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Randomness rules, but only if it's in the structure of a plot can it be truely random. Otherwise you expect it and it turns into Familly Guy. Do we really want that?

I didn't want a Brit episode either, but this wasn't really about Brit. More celebrity culture in general. Brit was only in it for, like, two minutes. The headless monster wasn't brintney.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
aenariel

Postby aenariel » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:11 am

I'm really disappointed in this episode. 2/10.

I never thought to myself "Wow, why am I watching this crap" during a SP episode. Not even "Pip". But this new episode was borderline unbearable.

This one I won't watch again, period.

And yes, I got the point. I simply didn't get *why* did it matter to do something like this. It wasn't funny; it wasn't intelligent; it was simply, huh, to put it in the boys' words, lame.

I seriously hope the new episodes are any good, because I'm really starting to side with the people that say SP is going downhill fast. Throught seasons 10-11 they managed to do some average episodes, but, so far into season 12, this is really going very bad, very fast.
Let's look for treasure!

*ahem*...

F*ck you.

If you have any questions you may direct them to that brick wall over there ---->

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”