*1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

germanguyII

No guro here!

Postby germanguyII » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:38 pm

Come on!
Now you guys want to get me wrong.

Kaufen Sie sich ein Bier und genießen Sie den Tag!

Prost!
superiorsavior

Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Remind me NEVER to visit Japan, I don't want to get my head off in that way when I'm making the sexy-time! But I don't think he was referencing that. Maybee his manga-inspired sense of ultra-violence led to Brit's headlessness?

Matt and Trey managed to take an obvious idea and completely turn it around, proving they're still the kings of satire

Thanks for that Shane. They still refuse to turn into a tabloid, though I'd appriciate a little more of the kids. We see what happens when they try a Cartman/butters less episode now :)

It's their main source of funnyness now.

swellman wrote:this was really a hate or love episode

I'd be interested to see what IMDB gives this when the "contreversy" dies down. Probaby a 7.5/10 like you say, that's what all the "marmite" episodes get.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Guro Hentai

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:31 pm

germanguyII wrote:But I just don't like guro hentai.

Ok, we can talk about those tentacle monsters...

Why did you even mention it? It had nothing to do with the episode. One day ban.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
animuk

Postby animuk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:45 am

cameron93 wrote:hahah this episode was great,
did anyone else get the reference to the short story/ movie "The Lottery" by shirly jackson lmao :D

Yeah, I just read the story for my English class. The old man in the story says "Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon!" Also Mayor Summers is Mr Summers who ran the lottery.
dense

Postby dense » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:57 am

It is great to be able to receive some good healthy sick and irreverent humour here in over censored, over repressed Malaysia
YAGAME

Postby YAGAME » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:59 pm

seriusly it wasnt the funnest episod i have ever seen but it was all right i likes he way britne talked withought a head

Postby 203177 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:05 pm

I didn't like it in my opinion. It wasn't funny, but there was just one scene i liked...Oh it was the ending part. I laughed only at that scene. Overall i would give this episode 2/10.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
BackDoorNine

Postby BackDoorNine » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 am

Whats up with the new season of compassion? Compassion for disease victims, compassion for media-stalked celebs?

I have plenty of compassion for people in unfortunate circumstances, we all do.

Thats not what I watch South Park for.

This stuff thats on right now...it's just not funny. Not only is the subject matter not really funny (aids cure is all your money?), the handling of the material is just not funny (Jared has aids, now that was funny).

Where's the comic relief (no cartman making fun of britney while stan and kyle are very seriously trying to help her). Cartman making an aids joke (HIV Positive!) only to have Stan spend five minutes yelling at him, telling him "Its not funny!!"

I'm all for making fun of taboo subjects (hell I own every season of south park that I can buy, so I am usually on board for where these guys are going), but this stuff......

really just, not funny.
dexter

Postby dexter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:25 am

great episode, half-haeded Britney is gorgeous.
also, this site rocks!
robz17

Postby robz17 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:40 pm

I love south park its the best damn cartoon out there...but i have to say this episode did not make me laugh what so ever..hopefully the next episode will, cant wait to see the premiere of "Major Boobage" tonight... :mrgreen:
kevincooleen

Postby kevincooleen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:52 am

Yah, I'm going to have to agree with username: 'Candies' statement. I too "LOL'd" (that means laughed out loud everyone!) when, as Candies said, "Everyone tries to killed Britany".

You thought that only that statement was clever?! Don't get me started on Candies cunning abilities of observation either. i.e. "It's was funny where she blew up her head." How right you are Candies, 'it is was funny' when she did that, I agree!
kevincooleen

Postby kevincooleen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:55 am

candies wrote:LOL! Everyone tries to killed Britany. It's was funny where she blew up her head.

Yah, I'm going to have to agree with username: 'Candies' statement. I too "LOL'd" (that means laughed out loud everyone!) when, as Candies said, "Everyone tries to killed Britany".

You thought that only that statement was clever?! Don't get me started on Candies cunning abilities of observation either. i.e. "It's was funny where she blew up her head." How right you are Candies, 'it is was funny' when she did that, I agree!
Chris Cartman

Postby Chris Cartman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:03 pm

I know a lot of people hated the episode but I thought it was, well rather deep. Sure it wasn't a riot like some of the other episodes but I like how it pulled from literature as well as philosophy while still providing a good chuckle. I actually feel bad for Brit, sure she has lots of money and fame but yeah, she's train wrecking and no human being deserves that.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:25 pm

One bad thing about this episode: it isn't very re-watchable. The seccond time I watched it I hardly laughed. But the first time is always the most special, eh?

It was trying too hard to fly in the face of public oppinion (that celebs deserve everything they get) and not hard enough to be funny. But I agree with all those people agreeing with Candis, it was hillarious when I watched it the first time.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:30 pm

I don’t think it was one of their best but it was very funny. It is good to see that the traditions of The Lottery are alive and well in America’s heartland.

Poparattzi are zombie monsters possessed by extraterrestrials.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”