*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Unhooded Kenny

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Kenny can talk properly. All he has to do is take his hood off. Hopefully Kenny has more episodes, and maybe they can come up with a Best of Kenny DVD. This episode would be on it for sure.
magnum2us

Postby magnum2us » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Loved this episode. Saw the previews and watched the Heavy Metal movie with my teenage sons, who had never seen it before, then right into Major Boobage. The common sense messages aside we loved the rip on the movie. GREAT JOB GUYS!
zorp

Postby zorp » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 pm

This episode is a ripoff !! In order to pay homage, credit should have been given to the original creators (who were they ? Richard Corbin or Dan O'Bannon ? ). Instead, there is no mention of the true artists, and that is plagarism !!!! This wasn't an emulation "done in the style of" ... it was a blatant copy, even the music was copied, and dialogue verbatim. What's a matter? Party all night long and didn't get any work done? Had to photocopy somebodys else's work to meet your deadline ??? I hope the lawyers at Columbia Tristar are listening !!
yachtclub

Postby yachtclub » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:01 pm

I too am going to go away from the "this episode was so funny LOLZRZ! LMAO! Pee and Poop! LOL! BEWBZ!....OMG the Cartman/Anne Frank parody was sooooooo funny LOL!"

This episode was AVERAGE at BEST. I think that everyone was so desperate to laugh after two bad episodes that the fact that this episode was passibly funny made it seem hilarious by comparison. It was the best episode this season, but that's like being the "smartest kid with down's syndrome"

It's kind of sad to watch my favorite show go down the crapper like this, but I guess it was inevitable (Trey and Matt pretty much said it was impossible to be funny forever in the professor chaos ep). The fact that they made a box set out of the intolerable "Imaginationland" thing pretty much is a testament to the sad state of affairs in the SP world. "Cash is the cure for AIDS"- who didn't see that one coming? SP used to keep you guessing, now it's like they're phoning in the jokes.

I've seen every episode >10 times (I used to sneak down to the basement when i was a kid and watch way back in 97), and unfortunately I've seen a whole lot of mediocrity replacing a whole lot of humor.

Derp!
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:08 pm

This episode is good but not great (imho).
It gets some high marks:
Excellent homage to Heavy Metal!
Excellent use of boobs!
Excellent use of Kenny!

But, over-all, the laughs were not there for me; although it did have many amusing moments. The animation will keep it a popular choice for viewers and Kenny fans will never tire of it.

It is good to see M&T getting back to their roots and finally having an episode that includes Mr Kitty. It’s been a long time!!!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Most excellent. I felt a strong Vernon Chatman influence in this episode. Seemed like something you'd find on Wonder Showzen. Utter wonderfulness.

I didn't hear anything Gerald said during the press conference because I was laughing so hard at the way they animated Sheila's face.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
SSBMboss

Postby SSBMboss » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Wow Gosh I didn't think it would be THAT hilarous.
Now it looks like the 12th season's gonna give Trey and Matt another Emmy because this one is cult. I was litterally falling while laughing when Kenny was in his drug trip.
And the ending of the episode is simply a superb quote to remember about Kenny getting high with life. xD
Definitely the best in the season for the moment.
Won't you take a ride, ride, ride, on heavy metal ?

PS: Sheila's face while Gerald was talking at the press conference is deadly. Deadly hilarous, obviously.
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Woo-hoo!
Loved the ep.
Let's fighting love!
EternityInBlack

Postby EternityInBlack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Were the hand-drawn parts really hand-drawn or were they still modeled in Maya I wonder?
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Thank God for the online episodes! I wasn't home for this episode, so thankfully my trusty DVR saved the fay right? NO! The dame thing recorded it, but it won't play it back! All my other crap on the DVR works, but not last night's episode. Thank God for this website, I actually got to see it. :D

Great episode I might add. :)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
CHEESE_HEAD

Postby CHEESE_HEAD » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:42 pm

GREAT EPISODE IDK ABOUT THE BEST IN THE SEASON SO FAR YOU REALLY HAVE TO WATCH THE LAST 2 A COUPLE TIMES TO SEE THE REAL GENIUS IN THEM BUT GERALD AND KENNY FIGHT TO THE DEATH IS A INSTANT CLASSIC
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:48 pm

zorp wrote:This episode is a ripoff !! In order to pay homage, credit should have been given to the original creators (who were they ? Richard Corbin or Dan O'Bannon ? ). Instead, there is no mention of the true artists, and that is plagarism !!!! This wasn't an emulation "done in the style of" ... it was a blatant copy, even the music was copied, and dialogue verbatim. What's a matter? Party all night long and didn't get any work done? Had to photocopy somebodys else's work to meet your deadline ??? I hope the lawyers at Columbia Tristar are listening !!

You are entitled to your own opinion, and we are entitled to the right to say shut the *bleep* up you little piece of law abiding trash.

They obviously are fans of Heavy Metal, and if ANYTHING, this episode made more people go and buy Heavy Metal on eBay and else where, so shut up.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
jdalterb33185

Postby jdalterb33185 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Loved this episode.....

I know everyone loves the classics but lets be honest, If they kept using the same material they used in the earlier seaons, viewers would become tired of the same content being used over and over.

The show needs to keep re-inventing itself to keep viewers interested or you ungreatful bastards will have no new episodes to complain about!

quit your complaining and just enjoy, cause no one wants to hear your whining about how the "new" southpark doesnt compare to the classics

what other show on television has children injecting one another with aids, celebs blowing their heads off with a shotgun, or kids getting high of cat piss.......
yachtclub

Postby yachtclub » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:04 pm

jdalterb33185 wrote:
what other show on television has children injecting one another with aids, celebs blowing their heads off with a shotgun, or kids getting high of cat piss.......

Exactly. This shite is so over the effing top that it's not funny. The mindless SP violence was funny at first (like in red sleigh down) but in the last 2 seasons it's become so commonplace that it's NOT funny anymore (did anyone else think the failed suicide in "Night...Homeless" was retarded?)

In the old days SP used to push the limit, now they're just so out there that they're using shock tactics instead of wit.

But then again I'm a bitter law student so negativity is just my thing....
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:09 pm

As GTA said, SP online is another reason to worship the gods of the Internets.

I'd have to agree with Zork a bit here, the tripping scenes could've been done far better, if M and T had made a song for it themselves (or used an old DVDA piece). I'd have also loved it if Kenny had come out of his shell a bit, and burnt that hood, but it's best for coherence in the seriese I suppose that he didn't take off the hood.

I preferred the Britney episode to this, for some reason, found that more comedic and found it had a better message. Except for the "banning pot is evil but smoking cat's is still wrong" thing I didn't get the message, unless that speck of unoriginality WAS the message. Comparing the ban on "cats" to the hollocaust was a bit much though. Hate all the Pox news alerts on new drugs, it really does just teach kids new ways to get high, but the Pox parrody could've gone down better. I think a more original name for the drug would've been good too, glad they referenced ALL their other anti-anti-drug episodes in there though :)

While I was totally cheesed to see the return of B (and C) side plots, I had absulutely no idea what the whole "cartman = oscar schindler" thing had to do with the episode. Unless they were trying to insinuate banning pot was a hollocaust, in which case, funny but a bit too far.

LOVED Gerald's big role in this and all the melodrama. Too much melodrama in recent episodes detracts from the feel of the show I think, but his speech was worthy of Canadian shakespear :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”