*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

DevilAngel16

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:32 am

thedorkone wrote:In the end of the episode Cartman says that it is wrong to prosecute somebody and makes them hide. And still he doesn't see any resemblance between his acts and the holocaust...

Actually, on the contrary, I'm pretty sure Cartman knew exactly what Kyle was talking about when he asked Cartman if he saw any similarity between that and anything else in history. Simply because the way Cartman responded ("Hmmm...nope, I have no idea what you're talking about, Kyle.") sounded like he was being kinda sarcastic.

That's what I think anyway. I could be wrong though.
Delilah

Postby Delilah » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:08 am

DevilAngel16 wrote:
thedorkone wrote:In the end of the episode Cartman says that it is wrong to prosecute somebody and makes them hide. And still he doesn't see any resemblance between his acts and the holocaust...

Actually, on the contrary, I'm pretty sure Cartman knew exactly what Kyle was talking about when he asked Cartman if he saw any similarity between that and anything else in history. Simply because the way Cartman responded ("Hmmm...nope, I have no idea what you're talking about, Kyle.") sounded like he was being kinda sarcastic.

That's what I think anyway. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too.
MastaShake49

Postby MastaShake49 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 am

wat song is playin when kenny is in his "chesse" trips?
Cycline3@mac.com

Postby Cycline3@mac.com » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 am

I LOVED this episode - it was such a FLASHBACK and fun! Man... curse you and your rockin tits! I've watched it over and over!
thedorkone

Postby thedorkone » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:05 am

I know Cartman is being sarcastic but I think he is still as anti-semitic as he ever was. But future episodes will show if he learned something today.

@CartmanMills: No offence taken
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 am

I ended up watching the uncensored version uninterrupted.

Good to see a rare "Big-5" and Kenny featuring episode, and Gerald fits the Spitzer role well.

The episode ran smoothly.

Overall, superb episode even compared with the season 11's. 9.5/10.
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
hellakewl

Postby hellakewl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 am

I was wondering if anyone knew what song was played when Gerald first tripped? It isnt the same as the other songs that have been listed so far on this thread. I have heard it before and it's been driving me crazy. I have listened to all of the songs listed so far and no luck.

Thanks!
evoxpisces

Postby evoxpisces » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:01 am

I've watched this episode at least 10 times already and I think it's safe to say this is my new favorite episode. It's....addicting. It's genius. I love it. Cracks me up every time. Especially the part with Gerald. He really makes the whole episode. I revoke my 9.5/10 score I gave this...and I give it a 10.

1201: 7/10
1202: 6.5/10
1203: 10/10
hellakewl

Postby hellakewl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:38 am

N/m about my former post... turns out it IS the same song mentioned in earlier posts: Don Felder's Heavy Metal

I was confusing this song with another that had the lyrics, "my soul is burning ..feel the temperature rising" and now can't think of THAT song. lol

Anyways, its not the song in this episode :oops:
moronobu

Postby moronobu » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:59 am

I don't see why people are so down on the first 2 episodes, I thought they were great :!: And though I haven't seen Heavy Metal, which kinda stops me from fully getting this ep. it was a greatly woven episode. Reminds me how Seinfeld/Curb storylines all intertwined.
ktbegemot

Postby ktbegemot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:42 am

MastaShake49 wrote:wat song is playin when kenny is in his "chesse" trips?

Jim Peterik Heavy Metal

google for Heavy Metal 1981 soundtracks

btw this is now my fav. episode ever )))
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:18 pm

tittyland reminded me of the comic book sandman. cartman taking in those cats is funny

edit-

what was kyle talking about when he said parallel history?
ayatolla19

Postby ayatolla19 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:18 pm

For all the people who have asked the song is by Don Felder and its called Heavy Metal (takin' a ride).

As for the episode, I mean this with no disrespect to any of the viewers, but it amazes me how many people still love this show when they don't understand some of the jokes or gags that are occuring.

For those who don't know, the Cartman plot with him hiding the cats was a mock of the whole Anne Frank story during WW2. He even mentions it when he puts Mr. Kitty in the attic by quoting "heres a book Mr. Kitty, maybe you should write a diary". That is great considering how much Cartman hates the Jews and everyone. Cartman wasn't showing his sensitivity for cats they were using him as a diatrobe for that story line. BRILLIANT BY THE WAY.

The Elliot Speitzer story was great with Gerald. And his character is one of the few that could have actually pulled it off. I like the whole "cheesing tool" he used. Mounting up the cat, have a projection screen with a cinematic of another male cat, GENIUS.

Using Heavy Metal as the trip "universe" was awesome for all of us that have seen the movie and unique and catchy for all those who hadnt.

Great episode, the first two were good but this one has set the tone for the season. I hope they are able to keep up.
Amrryn

Postby Amrryn » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:43 pm

That episode was amazing.

AMAZING.

You gotta love Kenny!! :D
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:18 pm

i'm kind of disappointed that we didn't see Kenny unhooded. His friends stopped him from taking off his clothes before he got to the hood. But at least a bit of his hair was showing. I hope there are more Kenny episodes to come. Maybe he will start talking normally even with his hood on. :unhoodedkenny:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”