*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Killahertz9

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:12 pm

That Episode ROCKED Very f*cking Hard! I've owned Heavy Metal magazines and I've seen Heavy Metal about 50 times, I even went to the rerelease of the movie in theaters in 97. This is my Rocky Horror of movies and I was very happy with the tribute by South Park.

Last edited by Killahertz9 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:13 pm

superiorsavior wrote:I'd have to agree with Zork a bit here, the tripping scenes could've been done far better, if M and T had made a song for it themselves (or used an old DVDA piece). I'd have also loved it if Kenny had come out of his shell a bit, and burnt that hood, but it's best for coherence in the seriese I suppose that he didn't take off the hood.

I wasn't mad at that, I was mad at zorp for his legal warnings, if anything, it got more people to see Heavy Metal. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:18 pm

superiorsavior wrote:As GTA said, SP online is another reason to worship the gods of the Internets.

I'd have to agree with Zork a bit here, the tripping scenes could've been done far better, if M and T had made a song for it themselves (or used an old DVDA piece). I'd have also loved it if Kenny had come out of his shell a bit, and burnt that hood, but it's best for coherence in the seriese I suppose that he didn't take off the hood.

I preferred the Britney episode to this, for some reason, found that more comedic and found it had a better message. Except for the "banning pot is evil but smoking cat's is still wrong" thing I didn't get the message, unless that speck of unoriginality WAS the message. Comparing the ban on "cats" to the hollocaust was a bit much though. Hate all the Pox news alerts on new drugs, it really does just teach kids new ways to get high, but the Pox parrody could've gone down better. I think a more original name for the drug would've been good too, glad they referenced ALL their other anti-anti-drug episodes in there though :)

While I was totally cheesed to see the return of B (and C) side plots, I had absulutely no idea what the whole "cartman = oscar schindler" thing had to do with the episode. Unless they were trying to insinuate banning pot was a hollocaust, in which case, funny but a bit too far.

LOVED Gerald's big role in this and all the melodrama. Too much melodrama in recent episodes detracts from the feel of the show I think, but his speech was worthy of Canadian shakespear :)

The Cartman subplot was an Anne Frank/Oscar Schindler parody that, while it branched off of the main story, is not supposed to be a part of the main storyline's message. And the message isn't about pot or cat piss only, it really just says this:
"Don't ban everyday items or thing (cats used to show how far some parents will go in banning things for safety), stick to banning things that are already banned. Worrying about banning every new way to get high is stupid, as there will always be new ways to get high."
(I suck at the wording for lessons.)
That's how it's down here on the farm!
sheltonfilms

Postby sheltonfilms » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Haos wrote:Do any of you guys know the names of the songs in the background when Kenny got high?

So many boobs...

So much cat pee... :unhoodedkenny:

Since all the songs are from the HEAVY METAL movie (1981) the tracks are listed on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Metal_%28film%29
AbsoluteVengeance

Postby AbsoluteVengeance » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Music from last nights episode Major Boobage

Sammy Hagar - Heavy Metal
Don Felder - Heavy Metal (Takin' a ride)

I AM THE I33L

LISTEN TO METAL - Absolute Vengeance
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:42 pm

I'm not stupid, I think the Jewish music and the "doesn't this compare to any historic event" thing made the message of the Cartman plot obvious. It's just that, I was wondering how it linked to the main message of the episode, without that the oscar schindler parrody was pretty unnescicary, it wasn't that funny at all if that was the only message.

Ggiven Matt and Trey's record with Pot-themed episodes, from their portrayal of MaKay to Future Self, I was plamnning on them linking it into that region, which I thought they did, with the "don't ban everyday stuff" argument. Of course, I don't know much about this Cheese debate, I only know people are asking me to show ID when I buy chewing gum and coffee powder now (?).

Maybee it's only me who read "pot" whenever they said "cat," I assumed something that absurd must mean something in the real world. But this is M and T, they could just be being random again, I miss that about them :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
drewshack

Postby drewshack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:45 pm

oilyGAVIN wrote:Not a good episode, I'm tired of hearing people saying it "f*cking rocked!" or "Best yet!" cause it didn't and it wasn't.

Making your font bigger doesn't make yoru right.

Also, there's no rule that Kenny MUST die. So far you haven't said what you actually didn't like about the episode, unlike those who've actually given reason for liking it.
JSAV88

Postby JSAV88 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Kenny is awesome :unhoodedkenny:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:53 pm

zorp wrote:This episode is a ripoff !! In order to pay homage, credit should have been given to the original creators (who were they ? Richard Corbin or Dan O'Bannon ? ). Instead, there is no mention of the true artists, and that is plagarism !!!! This wasn't an emulation "done in the style of" ... it was a blatant copy, even the music was copied, and dialogue verbatim. What's a matter? Party all night long and didn't get any work done? Had to photocopy somebodys else's work to meet your deadline ??? I hope the lawyers at Columbia Tristar are listening !!

You don't think Comedy Central's legal department does its homework when it comes to stuff like this?

superiorsavior wrote:Maybee it's only me who read "pot" whenever they said "cat," I assumed something that absurd must mean something in the real world. But this is M and T, they could just be being random again, I miss that about them :)

I've never seen pot take a piss. :lol: But it's all a take on the drive to legalize marijuana here in California, so you're right.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JSAV88

Postby JSAV88 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 pm

:assface: :gaykenny: :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny:

[USER GETS A SIX HOUR BAN FOR THIS POST]
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:04 pm

Drive to legalise Pot in Good 'Ol Calae? I wish I lived there now :)

But seriously, all those flights to the Netherlands for inspiration can't be good for the environment, it's good for the world if Calafornia legalises Pot just for the writers at least. Think of the Carbon emmisions :)

But I really need to look into this Cheese buisiness, i have litterally NO idea what it's about. It really could be huffing cat's piss for all I know. Couldn't immagine M and T doing a drug episode w/o mentioning the law though.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Silversoul

Postby Silversoul » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:05 pm

How the hell did Matt & Trey know about this?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:55 pm

I loved this episode. The Homage to Heavy Metal was brilliant, best hallucination sequence I have seen in something animated since Beavis and Butthead do America, and whoever just said Trey and Matt were merely ripping that movie off is full of crap. Anyone who has seen the movie would know that the inspiration for the animation in this episode came from it. It wasn't like they were trying to act like they got the whole idea for the hallucination sequence on their own. It even said in the episode description on this site that the episode was a homage to Heavy Metal.And you know what else? Because of this episode, maybe younger South Park fans who have never seen Heavy Metal will want to watch it. That is a good thing, because alot of younger people don't seem to pay much attention to older movies unless they are remade or someone like Trey and Matt does something like this episode to convince those young people that a certain older movie is cool.

And I am definately glad they had some of the music from Heavy Metal in this episode, because if you have seen the movie, you know the music is a big part of it.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Silversoul wrote:How the hell did Matt & Trey know about this?

Maybe I should try this...

Someone be my Stan, Kyle and Butters please
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:08 pm

I never got why some of my contempories shy away from older films (some kids in my year have never seen M*A*S*H or Goodfellas for christsake!) and I love the little advert for the 80's in here.

How Hardcore HardecorE!

Well anyway, it's good to know M and T still find time to search for random sh*t on Google. One of my fave hobbies that is :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”