*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

DevilAngel16

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:13 pm

Alright, I’m gonna try to suppress my annoying fangirling as much as possible. But seriously, I thought this episode was freaking AWESOME. I’m so happy it ended up surpassing my high expectations.

All of the characters were great in this one. Mr. Mackey was so hilarious in that first scene. “Probably shouldn’t have told you that…mmkay.” He just seems to be getting funnier with each new episode he’s in. XD

And I gotta say that I truly loved Cartman in this episode. Who would’ve thought that he has a soft spot for cats? I found it soooo completely adorable that he felt bad for the kitties and wanted to protect them. I liked seeing that different side of Cartman. I doubt we’ll see more of it anytime soon, but it was a nice change.

But ahhhhhhh, Kenny, it was about damn time he played a large role in an episode. That was the most he’s ever spoken in an episode since God knows when. It made me super happy to see good ol’ perverted Kenny again. XD And it was cute that Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and even Butters showed such concern for Kenny when he was getting high.

Anyway, some of the funniest parts of the episode, in my opinion, were the “here, write a diary” line (along with all the other Anne Frank references), the governor Spitzer reference (I laughed my ass off during that scene. I loved Sheila’s expression on her face. That scene was especially funny to me since I live in New York.), the scene where Kenny and Gerald were fighting each other in the sandbox (I’m surprised nobody mentioned that yet!! That was hysterical!), the Holocaust reference between Kyle and Cartman at the end, and the “rockin tits” line. XDD

Oh, and I thought the Heavy Metal parts were pretty funny too, even though I’ve never actually seen the movie.

Alright, well, I’d better stop babbling now. I’ll just end by saying that this episode totally made me love Kenny even more. <3
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Noooooo! My knowledge of contempory US politics is waining! I wish I realised that reference to the (ex) govener's speach. But that aside, Gerald's role was exceptionally funny, seing HIM rise to the challange of ruling a protest was great.

Butters is getting more and more pussyish with each passing episode. More and more lovable too :)

How can we forget the return or Mr. Kitty! Why is Mr Kitty a real Mr kitty and not a girl now? Is it like Liane Cartman?!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:28 pm

superiorsavior wrote:How can we forget the return or Mr. Kitty! Why is Mr Kitty a real Mr kitty and not a girl now? Is it like Liane Cartman?!

Haha, yeah! I guess it's a boy now. I could've sworn Mr. Kitty was a girl though...

I remember Liane referred to Mr. Kitty as a 'she' in Cat Orgy so I dunno.

(Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention in my review was how much I loved that scene when Kenny kicked Cartman's ass. So f*cking funny.)
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:43 pm

Well, that is Lianne's view on gender right there... Your whatever she needs you to be for the moment...

What kid HASN'T beat the crap out of the "Beefcake Boy" cartman yet?

When Gerald started talking to the hallucinations, "yeah, i remember you," it was just so crazy. It was like he was playing a game from the 80's or something, not taking drugs for the first time since then...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
seapeople

Postby seapeople » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 pm

The song is "Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride)" by Don Felder. It was made for the movie Heavy Metal. You can download it here
http://www.feldermusic.com/heavymetal.html
seapeople

Postby seapeople » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Haos wrote:Do any of you guys know the names of the songs in the background when Kenny got high?

So many boobs...

So much cat pee... :unhoodedkenny:

The song is "Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride)" by Don Felder. It was made for the movie Heavy Metal. You can download it here
http://www.feldermusic.com/heavymetal.html
HeavyMetal69

Postby HeavyMetal69 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:06 pm

This was the best f*ckin cartoon I have ever seen
Frona

Postby Frona » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:08 pm

one of my favorites so far :wink:
I was looking forward to see Kenny more in action and I'm glad it really worked out well.
Folks who want to see Kenny die should watch the first two seasons again. It was funny, it's still funny, but it's not that exciting anymore.

Drive it on up and let's cruise a while * singin' *
joey_the_master

Postby joey_the_master » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:15 pm

I thought it was a great episode, a major improvment from last week. Its great that Kenny has got some recognition. 9/10
OMGZ ITZ TEH INTERNETZ
evoxpisces

Postby evoxpisces » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 pm

I expected this episode to suck but oh man was I in for a surprise!!! The first two episodes of this season were disappointing but this one is definitely a great one to be remembered for seasons to come!

Best line: Gerald: "I couldn't stay away...because of your rockin' tits!"

Any episode Gerald takes a big part in is just awesome. Gerald is awesome. He's becoming my new favorite character. So many parodies in this episode... it was so funny!

My season rating so far:
1201: 7/10
1202: 7/10
1203: 9.5/10
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 pm

I knew it all along! - SP endures the worst start to a season ever with the first two episodes, then rebounds with a grand slam kickass episode in Major Boobage. THIS is the SP I've been waiting for - a freakin' instant classic! :stanpuke: :craig: :cartmanhappy: :unhoodedkenny: :tweek: :chaos: :timmy:

I
southparkmaster777

Postby southparkmaster777 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Great Episode! Even though I didn't see "Heavy Metal" it was still really funny. My favorite part were:
1) When Kenny was overdosing in Cartman's attic.
2) When Gerald and Kenny were fighting in the sandbox.
3) The Governer Spitzer apology spoof.

Not to mention the Anne Frank spoof was hilarious!!!
9/10

P.S. I thought Cartman's cat was a boy.
Cartman kicks ass!!!
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:11 pm

(My Honest Opinion)

I really, really liked this episode! Like some people, i have never seen Heavy Metal, but i still laughed at the trip sequences.

This one actually seemed like a classic episode, showing some older characters like Officer Barbrady, and Cartman's voice in some scenes sounded like his Season 4 voice.

I think it's about time Kenny got his turn in the spotlight! Nice to see his broken up house again. Gerald was also very funny, watching him and Kenny fight was pure gold. XD

I also really like the Cartman sub-plot, oh the irony of it all. =)

One last thing, nice to see Kenny's Parents aswell. (I noticed them in Tonsil trouble aswell)

My Rating Overall: 9/10.
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
Nerys

Postby Nerys » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:37 pm

I’m not sure I feel comfortable with the way Cartman’s behaving this season. First, his reaction to Britney’s death…and now…I was expecting him to try to make money out of the whole cheesing thing, but he was helping little kittens instead! So I guess the message was that even animals are better than jews for him…?
I understand that a character needs to evolve and stuff, but a compassionate Cartman… that just creeps me out. :)

Loved the episode, but it’s like the third one they do about legalization, not to mention all the episodes in wich they used drugs as the subplot in some way…I like the subject and the way they deal with it, but I kind of hope this is the last one…

Gerald’s cheesing set…LOL!
“Dude…he’s getting super wasted on life!”… :lol: :mrgreen:
The Return Of (transgender) Kitty!!!!!! Yesss!

Oh and…we should thank Matt and Trey for makin' us watch a lot of cool old movies…am i the only one who watched Tron because of them? :mrgreen:
Buttersrox11

Postby Buttersrox11 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Whats the name of that song that kept playing? It was on the commercial too. This is really bugging me if someone could tell me it would be very nice.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”