*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

irishparkskull11

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby irishparkskull11 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:48 pm

that in my opinion woz one of the best episodes in a good while, i watched it this moring and a good laughed. But then i had to work but i started 2 think of parts of the episode especially when kenny and gerald were fingting in the sand i nearly had a fit in laughing in work. I taught gerald was the funniest in the episode and has had a good few funny moments to his name also in previos episodes.
seapeople

Postby seapeople » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Buttersrox11 wrote:Whats the name of that song that kept playing? It was on the commercial too. This is really bugging me if someone could tell me it would be very nice.

The song is "Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride)" by Don Felder. It was made for the movie Heavy Metal. You can download it here
http://www.feldermusic.com/heavymetal.html
thedorkone

Postby thedorkone » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:39 am

The thing that made the Anne Frank plot great was the fact that she referred to her diary as 'Kitty' :idea:
Cannon

Postby Cannon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:21 am

Legalize It! :unhoodedkenny: That episode was Tits, Literally! Best episode to watch if your cheesin
direhawk

Postby direhawk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:50 am

An excellent episode!

For me, this was an episode of hypocrisy and futility

-- The reference to Spitzer, a man who made his life on vise, but indulged himself

-- Gerald, a parent who tells his child never to do drugs, yet never admits of his own mistakes in youth

-- Cartman, who pushes kitty away, then secretly hides his affection for his kitty

-- The town folk (a government), that still thinks prohibition and outlawing drugs will stop *free* drug usage, but continues to endorse large drug companies

-- In Ann Frank, who hid in the closet, and why? What families are hiding today?
Raising

Postby Raising » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:00 am

Been looking all over the place but can't find the name of the music in the last battle of kenny vs gerald, its not heavy metal - takin a ride :\
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:07 am

The message of the episode is far more depressing when you word it like that direhawk: i just thought this was another of their pro-Pot rally. But yeah, there's a lot of hypocracy in society, and it makes for some good comedy to reference it, so I'm glad they did, if you like your comedy deep.

And if you just like your comedy totally mental, you can watch Gerald and Kenny fight in the sandpit neeked, or slam boob-spears and boob-shields into each other in their trip. Loved how Gerald had his trip, it was such a pisstake of all the "retro" nostalga around today I'mcertain of it. People look back at the 70's and the 80's without remembering the thing most of them were probably doing for most of that decade, being as they were probably teens in those deccades.

Lots of charactar development for the dramatically minded too. Poor Gerald, his protest went down as well as Shiela's in the movie... "let's use our super lawyer powers to fix it!" LOL
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Catticus

Postby Catticus » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 am

I thought it was a great episode, reminiscent of why I love South Park in the first place. I think that It wasn't Anne Frank hey were using as a reference, but Oscar Schindler. (Schindler's List). Hilarious!
Bad Kitty
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:17 am

I wouldn't change a thing about it. Not that I can. I doubt anyone can know what they say for a half of the time, but I hope there can be something akin to "this one was awesome".
Thanks for bringing back Mr Kitty! I've got a cat with the same ADD (she could jump at snowflakes for hours on end).
Last edited by LawrenceTaylor on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buttersrox11

Postby Buttersrox11 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:20 am

seapeople wrote:
Buttersrox11 wrote:Whats the name of that song that kept playing? It was on the commercial too. This is really bugging me if someone could tell me it would be very nice.

The song is "Heavy Metal (Takin' A Ride)" by Don Felder. It was made for the movie Heavy Metal. You can download it here
http://www.feldermusic.com/heavymetal.html

Thanks a lot :)
derelict007

Postby derelict007 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 am

This show is the one of the few slivers of sanity that emits from TV in America.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 am

Thanks for reminding me that Frank called her diary "kitty," that side-plot makes sense now at last :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
cadegcn

Mr. Kitty

Postby cadegcn » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:43 am

i thought Mr. Kitty was a girl, because she was in heat and she got raped on the episode where cartman was babysat by shelly
marco74

Postby marco74 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 am

Cannon wrote:Legalize It! :unhoodedkenny: That episode was Tits, Literally! Best episode to watch if your cheesin

I agree. that was hardcore SP at its best with sex, aggressiveness, offences and everything that counts.
ajax

Postby ajax » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 am

In my opinion this was the best episode since Good Times With Weapons (perhaps even better; time will tell). Here are a few of my thoughts:

I love when South Park tries different animation styles (anime, rotoscoping, "simpson"-izing, etc.). It always seems to produce episodes well above the average quality.

An amazing tribute to Heavy Metal. While there's a lot of discussion here about the message, heres what I took away from the episode: You can NEVER have too many tits.

I don't know if the "drug" was strictly for absurd comedy or if it was chosen as a sort of joke on the denser/more gullible viewers, but I am looking forward to seeing how many kids actually try sniffing cat piss.

Thats all for now. Here's hoping the next episode is even better.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”