*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

DarDar

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DarDar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:08 am

:unhoodedkenny: So many boobs! So Funny! I love cats!
Super-James

Postby Super-James » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:10 pm

man there right cats can make u high :shock: :wink:
veridian

Postby veridian » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Good episode guys, very watchable. I don't know why people are being so critical of the Britney Spears episode. I watched it a few times, thought the scene where Britney is singing at the MTV music awards was funny. Better than 1201 that's for sure.

I really didn't get the whole heavy metal thing though to be honest. Maybe if I watch the movie it will sit better with me.

But I think people are going a bit overboard on the whole praise thing for 1203. It was just an ok episode. I imagine the minute they heard that there was an alternative animation style in the episode they were salivating that it would be as good as the WoW episode. Let's just admit that while it was an ok episode it was no WoW episode.

Let's break it down as to the differences between the episodes. WoW had a much faster pace and the story line was more coherent. The whole Cartman/Anne Frank/Oscar Schindler thing while funny seemed like filler to me. WoW stayed completely focused on the one story. SP is better when they focus on one storyline, mutliple storylines is more a Simpsons thing. Jokes/Funny moments were more constant in WoW, 1203 had too many slow moments.

So far, season 12 is turning out better than season 11 but we are not returning to the great seasons 5-10. Just remember, in my opinion SP works best when it remembers that it built on the following notions:

1. Kids can be cruel, vindictive assh*les when they want to be.
2. Adults are insane when compared to children.
3. Kids have their own desires/beliefs/intentions, they view the adult world a certain way and use it to achieve/verify their BDIs. This results in comedy.
4. Society is insane.
5. Both kids and adults can misunderstand society. Again this results in comedy.
6. Reference against popular culture to construct the storyline.

SP is best when it take these notions to their absurd conclusion. Good luck with the next episode guys.
Inferied

Postby Inferied » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Big-Will wrote:
bumpa wrote:what was kyle talking about when he said parallel history?

Parallels in history, dude.

He was talking about the Holocaust, when Germany's Nazi government called for the extermination of the Jews.

The Frank family wanted to hide Anne so that if they were taken away to be killed, no one would know she was there. Cartman did the same for Mr. Kitty, as cats were illegal, and he told his cat to write a diary. Anne called her diary "Kitty" most often.

When Cartman started taking in other cats, the parallel switches to Oskar Schindler, who kept his Jewish workers out of Nazi hands. He also took in a few new workers, like Cartman took in Nishka.

And here's the irony: A Jewish man wrote up the legislation that made the cats illegal in the first place. (Hitler was NOT Jewish, just so you know.)

Actually, Anne and her family hid with another family... She even had a relationship with some guy.

I was kinda wasted on "life" when I watched this episode, but it was funny... Yeah, it was funny. *stares*
Sol_110

Postby Sol_110 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:05 pm

O MAN NOW THAT IS THE SP I KNOW AND LOVE. Sorry for so many posts about hating the 1st 2 episodes of the season. But O man was this great. Funny, Thoughtful, Genius = SouthPark, thank god they came out with this episode I had an eerie feeling they were all gonna suck this season TY Matt and Trey. You guys keep on making me come back for more.
wazzadoin

Postby wazzadoin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:17 pm

When do they announce next week's episode; or, is it on holiday?
synapticjunction

Postby synapticjunction » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:04 am

So what gender is Eric's cat? I was under the impression that the cat was female (despite the name "Mr. Kitty"). In episode 304 ("Cat Orgy"), Ms. Cartman refers to the cat in the female sense, i.e. "she's in heat" and is clearly a female throughout the third season episode, evidenced especially by the constant bending over to receive from another "in-heat" (presumably male) cat.

What's the deal with the cat?
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:44 am

I'm not sure, I also thought Mr. Kitty was a girl. I guess it's up to the creators, or she may be like Liane Cartman.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
apicomplexa

Postby apicomplexa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:18 am

Why cheesing? because its FUN to DUE!!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:55 pm

Thinking of it, I did feel guilty when Kyle was telling Stan, Butters and Eric about how he knows Kenny was skipping school to cheese. I been there, only difference, I didn't do anything to help my friends who chose to to drugs and blow off school.

Several ended up just dropping out.

South Park brought back repressed memories ><
brucebob

Postby brucebob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:34 pm

Move on, those crack heads only have one friend now, crack.
PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:16 pm

What's the deal with the cat?

Maybee season 3 'Mrs. Mr.Kitty' died having sex with a fat lion cat, and this is a new "Mr. Mr. Kitty." Or Lianne could've given it some of Garrison's pills by mistake in one of his 'appointments.' You never know with the Cartman family, you never know...
themanthecartman

Postby themanthecartman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 pm

sorry i was late on this one i loved this episode 9.5/10
like sniffing glue. i loved this so much one of my fav eps now,

THEY WILL FIGHT FOR THE BOOB TROHPY
Last edited by themanthecartman on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite Character: Cartman
Favourite Episode: Child Abduction Is Not Funny OR The Jeffersons
dorkjackson

Postby dorkjackson » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:06 pm

So are we not doing any more episode images for 1203?
Kenny012345

Postby Kenny012345 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 pm

LOL love how Kenny kicks Cartman's ass. He deserved it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”