*1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

antogrimes

Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion

Postby antogrimes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:10 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Question is, how does posting a video on YouTube make you money? It makes Google money, but not "You".

great point,

And as always, GREAT episode,
Peace n Love n sh*t.....
JokerKenny

Postby JokerKenny » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:57 pm

hey, they forgot to kill laughing baby. i don't mean wanted to see that but he was in line too doesn't he ? :roll:
Butters = SpongeBob Squarepants
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:
James--76 wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:This one also could have been called "Ike Shrugged." Same premise as the Rand book: a culture of people who feel overused and underappreciated going on strike.

Good episode. I liked the buddy/friend/guy runner.

Does anyone have a transcript of Kyle's speech at the end? I'd like to read it. He talked too fast for me to understand it fully.

All Hail President Abootman!

We thought we could make money on the internet. But while the internet is new and exciting for creative people, it hasn't matured as a distribution mechanism to the extent that one should trade real and immediate opportunities for income for the promise of future online revenue. It will be a few years before digital distribution of media on the internet can be monetized to an extent that necessitates content producers to forgo their fair value in more traditional media

Thanks, guy!

No problem,buddy
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:40 pm

JokerKenny wrote:hey, they forgot to kill laughing baby. i don't mean wanted to see that but he was in line too doesn't he ? :roll:

Who'd want to kill such a lovely thing?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Awsom-N

Postby Awsom-N » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:47 pm

i love the star fight :D
mkultra72

Postby mkultra72 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:59 pm

I'll give it a 3/10. Perhaps its funnier to an american or canadian, but i didnt care much for the Strike thing.

Their interpretations of the internet videos were not very creative imo (they usualy do much better).

Their point(?) was also very stupid, to ridicule people that made funny videos but without making money ("only in theory").

So far a very disapointing season, except for 1203.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Okay I am now declaring this the best episode this season by a long shot. Terrance and Phillip's small contrabution to it was enjoyable, as was Ike's. The YouTube stars were awesome(exspecially when the gopher turned around and the guy's head exploded). What What in the Butt was histerical. And the Canada on Strike song was the best musical moment we've seen for awhile. All and all 100% grade south park, or mabye more like 87% but thats still good. Oh and I adored the "Let's watch American Comedy moment" that's something I know well.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
mrjacks

Postby mrjacks » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:20 pm

I thought that this is the best episode this season, and having watched all the youtube videos that appeared in the episode, i found it more enjoyable.

One problem...

No kenny! :zombiekenny:

It's like he dies as usual but you don't see it!

Butters' video is hilarious, but the real version is just freaky. :mrgreen:
PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:34 pm

I agree that the WGA was too much of an 'in joke' to be funny, not much of the episode revolved around that. The musical numbers kicked ass, as did the ridiculing of the "Yoo Toob" sensations we love to hate. Butter's is getting gayer by the episode: the musical episodes are all the best. The cannadians 'guy,buddy,friend' thing was funny for me at least. I loved

Aym_a_perv wrote:This one also could have been called "Ike Shrugged." Same premise as the Rand book: a culture of people who feel overused and underappreciated going on strike.

never noticed a Rand reference, not that I think it was intentional: they're both Libertanians so obviously have simmilar ideas. They hate Rand so must have browsed her, especially her book "chicken lover shrugged" :)

SP_Orrange wrote:I really missed laugh-out-loud funny moments and good music numbers that are so typical for SP

As said above. They must utilise Trey's musical abilities for good not evil! Moar Cartman would've been nice, but it's great to see a KYLE episode. Wish it was the kids being kids rather than travveling across the world to change international politics though. GORDON BROWN/ NICOLAI SARKOSY RULE!

The cannadian's Trey Voice was unnervingly like his real voice though.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:45 pm

:tp: It was pretty good. I knew the dramatic chipmunk was going to turn around and kill the Chocolate Rain guy just by giving him that evil look, but I still got a good laugh out of it.

I appreciated the mockery of the writer's strike too.
PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:49 pm

Dramatic chipmunk really was a recycled gag from the court case in Chef's Salty Balls...
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Jesus f*cking Christ, I've been rather off the ball this year so far! Stupid Drama (school/class) work. The ep just finished DLing, so I'm gonna watch it in a few minutes. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 pm

Worry not: i was 3 months late for season 11, can't be that far off the ball :)
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Not too crazy about the story itself. When it consists of a thinly or not-at-all disguised rant like this, my attention wanes. I've seen it before.

Everything else, however, was fantastic. The musical numbers, the Battle of the Internet All-Stars*, and Kyle's message among other things made this an overall excellent episode.

*I am sorry to admit that I recognized all of those internet sensations, but am happy to say that I'm not so much of a nerd to have discovered them before they stopped being "cool."
mhunya

Postby mhunya » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm not your friend, buddy.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”