*1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Joe Siracuse

Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Joe Siracuse » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:38 am

Seriously, what a piece of garbage.

I've seen every episode they've done up until this point and I can honestly say that this was one of the worst they've EVER done.

I didn't laugh once throughout the entire episode.

0/10
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:38 am

The singing on the fence by the moon was a direct parody of "Somewhere Out There" in the movie An American Tail. In the movie Fivel and his sister sing it. Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram did the end title version which is an Adult Contemporary/Soft Adult Contemporary classic.
Stan and Kyle :)
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:39 am

My name is Eric Cartmaniez.
I been assigned here to teach you calcius.

You cheat, Bill Belicick Cheated, and then one game, they decided not to cheat, do you know what happened?
THEY LOST!!!!

Butters: Hey that looks like my Teacher's penis

How do you know what your teacher's penis looks like??

This is one of the best Cartman episodes I've seen in ages :D
evoxpisces

Postby evoxpisces » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 am

It was an okay episode. The half with Cartman was stupid and not funny to me. The half with Garrison was hilarious though. There's just something very humorous about a penis running around... Plus I kinda like the Garrison sub-stories. It's slightly disappointing to see him back as a man however because he didn't have nearly enough show time as a woman. I liked the change and it showed progression of the show but now I feel like the show is going back to the way it was. Which isn't entirely bad, because it was hilarious and I missed some of the old days but for a show that's been on for 12 years you would think they would show a little more progression than they have. Overall, it was a decent episode. Not thrilling but half of it was garbage (Cartman) while the other half was very entertaining (Garrison). That's just my opinion. Seems like season 12 is very inconsistent and I hope M&T step it up a bit for the last 2 episodes of the first half.

1201: 6.5/10
1202: 6/10
1203: 10/10
1204: 9/10
1205: 7.5/10
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:43 am

Damn, that was Mr. Derp in the background of that final scene. I don't like that precedent.

Final thoughts on the episode; the dick humor was great, but it ran out of steam in act 3. But to service the storyline, it kind of had to. Now that Garrison is a man again, I've got to wonder if they'll get him another new sidekick this season.

The A story with Cartman is gonna be funnier if you've seen that one movie I don't know the name of, but mentioned up thread. As a non-fan of the New England Patriots even before spy-gate, I appreciated the numerous shots at them.

On the whole, I liked it.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mmm

Postby mmm » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:44 am

Yo, check out the wiki article for Stand and Deliver, it already says:

"The movie was spoofed during the South Park episode Eek! A Penis!. In the episode, Cartman is sent to teach at an inner city school. He teaches the class the various methods of cheating, and in difficult situations, constantly repeats the phase, "How do I reach these kids!"
Bobacus

Postby Bobacus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:44 am

I thought it was funny. The movie they were refrencing with Cartman was Stand and Deliver from 1988. Cartman was playing Edward James Almos's character. Definately a tie in to them being Battlestar Gallatica fans. Funny stuff. May be a little old to some of the younger peeps her. (Yes I am old)
wildthing2022000

Postby wildthing2022000 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:56 am

I loved the ripping on the Patriots, that alone made it a 10/10 to me. The whole Garrison thing was funny also especially with the singing penis. :lol:
sp150

Postby sp150 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:12 am

"Butters, how do you know what you're Teacher's penis looks like?"

So far, I'd say Season 12 is my favorite season. It's brought back literally nearly everything I wanted in South Park - Kenny, Mr. Garrison...

The Cartman storyline was sort of funny at times, but often times it was garbage. I would've preferred seeing more of him in the Fourth Grade classroom, personally.

Anyway, it seems like Matt and Trey are personally listening to me somehow...Seriously...It's freaky...

All we need now is Pip and Timmy doing something...Then all my SP-related dreams will come true.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:17 am

mmm wrote:I searched it, Cartman's part was a parody of Stand and Deliver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_and_Deliver

Ah, that's a good movie- I watched it a ton in Art class last year. But, that's besides the point...

This episode was a 8/10 for me.

The Good-

- The Stand and Deliver parody was so cute; I've seen the movie over and over and it never gets old. Cartman wasn't spending his time messing around with Butters and fighting with Kyle (except for a few little scenes) for once, which was a nice change of pace concerning Cartman's role in episodes.

- The stab at the Patriots got a laugh out of me...

- Garrison's a dude again; I thought he was so much better in the earlier seasons as a dude.

The Bad-

- The whole pen0r subplot was just...not up my alley. Pen0r jokes don't really cut it for me; it seemed a bit too crude.

The Ugly-

- The pen0r-rat singing to the moon made me want to throw my remote at the TV. I thought that was completely lame.
._.
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:19 am

Hmmm... I thought it was pretty good, on par with last week's, imo. The rippin on the Patriots was the BEST. The tears on the face of Bill Belichick are like a sweet nectar on my tongue. Also, thank God that Mr. Garrison in back. In addition, the Cartman storyline was particularly funny because it was a DIRECT parody of Stand and Deliver, a video I was forced to watch.

On the other side, the penis jokes wore out early (with the exception of the pee-hole singing: genius). I would have like to seen more of the other boys, and I guess they could have done a LOT more with Cartman teaching the South Park kids.

7.5/10 And to put that score into perspective: Scott Tenorman Must Die: 10/10. A Million Little Fibers: 2/10.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
drlcartman

Postby drlcartman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:23 am

Actually, I thought they could of came down a little bit harder on the Patriots, because, you know, they DID cheat the Steelers (w00t) out of their deserved second dynasty in the last decade.

Also, in reference to a previous post, I'm actually somewhat confused about their abortion stance, because I get this conflicting view with Cartman being evil and all, but they did aborted the anti-Christ in little critters Christmas. So, if someone could explain to me their position, it would really be appreciated.
SalSter19

Loved the new episode tonight!

Postby SalSter19 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:57 am

I thought tonight's episode was the best of the season so far. Cartman's Mexican accent was hilarious.But the best part of the episode was the An American Tail reference. That had me cracking up for a good couple of minutes. Trey and Matt make the most brilliant, obscure references. Love the new season so far, can't wait to see next week's episode.
mdub87

Postby mdub87 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:11 am

Another funny thing on the Wikipedia entry for 'Stand and Deliver' is the taglines used for the film. I don't know if someone just put this in as a nod to South Park or if it was a real tagline for the movie, but one says "How can I reach dez kidz?!?!" Lol. Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_and_Deliver#Taglines
"Yea bitch, school in summertime, open your f***in' ears n**** whore, I'll pop yo bitch ass!" - Fat Abbot
mdub87

Postby mdub87 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:17 am

drlcartman wrote:Actually, I thought they could of came down a little bit harder on the Patriots, because, you know, they DID cheat the Steelers (w00t) out of their deserved second dynasty in the last decade.

Also, in reference to a previous post, I'm actually somewhat confused about their abortion stance, because I get this conflicting view with Cartman being evil and all, but they did aborted the anti-Christ in little critters Christmas. So, if someone could explain to me their position, it would really be appreciated.

Steelers? Dynasty? HAHAHA, they were lucky enough with the refs against the Seahawks to win the one Super Bowl in '05, let alone have dynasty. They didn't even make the playoffs the next year!!! Good joke, buddy. (The Pats DID cheat my Eagles from winning the '04 Super Bowl, however. Lol.)
"Yea bitch, school in summertime, open your f***in' ears n**** whore, I'll pop yo bitch ass!" - Fat Abbot

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”