*1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

redlightsp

Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Postby redlightsp » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:26 am

THIS EPISODE IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. Not 1 laugh the whole episode. As a devoted fan since the beginning, my hopes have come crashing down for there to be much of a future. I dont know if they are losing their touch, gone mad gay, or just hired some horny and slutty interns to guest write. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. Its ashame because they can be so on key with many episodes and then they release this horseshit. Quick make a recall before its not too late.
haseowolf

Postby haseowolf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:32 am

Aw, someone beat me to it. I got an account on this site for the pure thought that I doubted others would know what movie it was parodying.

Anyways, another thing that bothered me during the episode is the fact that the penis is grown from Garrison's DNA, but comes out naturally as being circumsized, which is not how it would work. C'mon Trey and Matt, you have to have noticed that!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:43 am

Well that certainly was amusing. I be likin'!

Once again, another random, not-really-politically-based episode! This season certainly has been an awesome return to form, despite the whole thing with Britteny a while back. Oh well, can't be perfect, right?

Cartman teaching certainly was weird. I donno though, I think cheating is probably more work than it's worth. After all, isn't cheating about doing less work? XD

Mr. Garrison running after his newly constructed penis, grafted to a mouse...classic! Glad to see he's a dude (for the most part) again. That actually does make me really happy. I miss Mr. Garrison...now all they need is to bring back Mr. Hat and kill Kenny and it'll totally be return-to-form classic! It was all around a good ep, kept me lolin' the whole way through, pretty much.

This one gets a 9/10!
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 am

^ I wouldn't count on Mr. Hat coming back. Maybe he'll keep the mouse, though.

I, too, was laughing at the "American Tail" reference, even when the appendage was singing along with the mouse. Didn't like the movie, but loved the joke!

And as for Cartman..."How do I reach these keeeedz?" :lol:
Sim

Postby Sim » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:57 am

Nice to see Garrison as a guy again, and not as a woman (a pretty ugly one)!

Cartman's part didn't caught my attention, probably because I didn't see the movie it's after.
I laughed my ass off at the duet between the rat and the penis, I found that hilarious and unexpected as well.

All in all, good episode, I found it funny, but I'll have to watch it again tomorrow to make a definitive judgement.

I wonder if they'll bring back Mr. Hat/Twig and/or Mr. Slave (or is he still with Big Gay Al?)...anyway...
Mike; Off-Duty Ninja

Postby Mike; Off-Duty Ninja » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 am

That was a nice episode. A number of laughs. Kenny participates. Butters' role wasn't stressed. Cartman is himself. Kyle was ok. Still nothing from Stan though. I expected Cartman to use more authoritay but I guess they thought it wouldn't fit in the story. The Cartman story was a little flat at times but still good. Mr. Garrison's story was very good although the singing penis/mouse hybrid the weirdest thing I've seen on the show. I guess all reproductive organs in South Park can talk. All Mr. Garrison needs now is a pair of balls and he's set. It appears Mr. Hat is still nowhere to be found. 8.7/10

2 things of note: it looks like the mouse will be the teacher's aid and by Mr. Garrison's definition of "men", most of the girls in his class are men since they probably haven't hit puberty.
Jaber612

Postby Jaber612 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 am

I loved it when the boys were playing in the sand and Mr. Garrison came up and asked them if they have seen his penis.

I was kind of let down by this episode though. It wasn't horrible but I felt like they could have done a lot more with it.

Maybe next week.
It_Took_A_While

Postby It_Took_A_While » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:38 am

Overall I liked the episode...an 8 out of 10. The rip on the Patriots was pretty good and I really like the Mr. Garrison is back. The singing male organ was a bit out of place for South Park...thankfully that part was kept short. It seems as though Parker and Stone are finding their way back to the good old classic South Park episodes. YAY!!! I think the mouse should stay as the new teachers pet, he's cute and has now played an important role in Mr. Garrisons life.

Later.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:43 am

BTW, the episode is now available for streaming.
radicalontherocks

Postby radicalontherocks » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:10 am

Hmm...I am still unsure about what to think about this episode. I can usually tell why they are making fun of something and why to prove a point or make commentary on an issue. But the whole abortion scene I am quite confused on. Where they saying abortion was wrong, or using sarcasm to show how different standards for choice are applied to different groups?

I guess I am confused on Matt and Trey's stance on it. I can usually tell, and I have seen all of their episodes, and they have always seemed so progressive. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks!

PS. Love the singing penis! It was just as outrageous as Oprah’s talking vagina.
Catticus

Postby Catticus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:18 am

Yay! Much better than last week!
Bad Kitty
Catticus

Postby Catticus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:22 am

[quote="radicalontherocks"]Hmm...I am still unsure about what to think about this episode. I can usually tell why they are making fun of something and why to prove a point or make commentary on an issue. But the whole abortion scene I am quite confused on. Where they saying abortion was wrong, or using sarcasm to show how different standards for choice are applied to different groups?

I think you got it right, They are doing a social commentary about who really has choices. I don't think it was about the right or wrongness of abortion.
Bad Kitty
clyde frog

Postby clyde frog » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:44 am

I dunno. This pains me to say cause I am unhealthily obsessed with South Park but I haven't been too amazed so far this season. Especially with this one. I see that some people agree with me but lots of people are really feeling it. I guess it's just not my style. I'm more of a Quest for Ratings, Woodland Critter Christmas, Tsst, Le Petite Tourette, Freak Strike, Cripple Fight, All About Mormons?, Kenny Dies :unhoodedkenny: kind of gal. But that's just me! I'm still hopeful though. Maybe this is just setting things up for a kick-ass second half of the season. P.s. I don't know if I'd call Matt & Trey progressive, at least not always. Just pretty moderate - present the traditional side as well as the more progressive. Rag on everyone is the motto - that's how I see it! I think they present both the perceived negative aspect of abortion and the positives about it too.
Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:58 am

radicalontherocks wrote:Where they saying abortion was wrong, or using sarcasm to show how different standards for choice are applied to different groups?

They're saying that if something is holding you back, there are ways to get around it. But you didn't hear it from them. :cartmancop:

But yeah, he was commenting on how cheating can help girls get around the no-abortion rule in Latino families.

Being libertarians, Matt and Trey would be pro-choice.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
chel

Postby chel » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 am

Being that I despise the Patriots, I loved this episode.
Also, I had to watch Stand and Deliver like 900 times throughout high school.
So that certainly made me giggle.
:lol:
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”