*1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

sublime90

Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Postby sublime90 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:00 pm

the episode was just ok until the mouse started singing the song, that made it all worth it. i think the women screaming eek and jumping around was suppose to be more funny than it actually was.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Yes, this isn't a 1960's British TV sitcom.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:17 pm

I'll be totally honest.

I liked this episode.

It was funny - the Garrison plotline was so utterly ridiculous that it got much laughs everytime that came up and the Cartman story was pretty cool. Heh, there were some repetative/stupid things in this episode which I disliked (e.g. the mouse/penis singing was so mind numbingly stupid and lame and the "how do I reach these kiiiiids?" was funny at first but stopped being funny around when they kept using it for every Latino-Cartman part)

But overall, a large improvement on the, IMO, bad episodes we've seen.
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:32 pm

7/10 for this episode. This one's good, but Butter's last week video is still bugging my head, so again I let a previous episode to overshadow the current one.

The Garrison part is funny (Garrison seems very in character and reminding) though I don't feel it's as appealing as others think.

And it's uneasy to understand Cartman's plot especially I haven't heard of the film they wish to refer to, but I can sense the spirit somewhat. Hell, seriously Cartman's right! Cheating without getting caught is also something people worked hard for anyway :assface:

Furthermore I am not quite used to having two entirely separate plots with no connection throughout.

Still it's good to see 3 consecutive worth-watching episodes. Probably better than the previous 3 seasons (9 to 11) or so...

P.S.
The Stotch's house scene seemed abruptly ended. Do you guys think anything happened after Stephen's questioning?
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
jmf120

Postby jmf120 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:42 pm

wow, this was the worst episode in a while. i laughed at a couple things Cartman said, that's about it.
I don't know.. maybe it's because the last two were so hilarious
Too much of Garrison on his own is just monotonous to me.
4/10
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 pm

7/10.

Nothing extremely good. The Cartman plot had more potential than what we saw. The constant refrencing of the Patriots and the cheating got annoying after a bit.

Garrison's plot had a few bright moments and it is fine knowing that I can forget about that extra s. Beyond that, nothing great.

So, a solid episode. Stan only had one line in the entire show. Once we got into the "Stand and Deliver" parody and the full swing of the Garrison plot, there was nothing from the characters I care about. But, overall, a solid if not great episode.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Viktorguy, kinda

Postby Viktorguy, kinda » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:25 pm

i hoped mrs garrison would become a man again because he's been much funnier as a man. this episode finally made him male (yipieeee). they could've made it funnier, especially those black chinese and mexican guys (maybe the producers have fear to be seen as racists) but it changed the south park story line so....it's an important episode
I am austrian, that means i gotta be 16 to be able to buy alcohol, I'm 14 and I drink anyway. HAHAHA you gotta wait until you're 21 HAHAHA
JokerKenny

Postby JokerKenny » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Two main ideas:

- Women: "Eeekk, a penis.", Men: "I'm sure that penis is more scared of you." Fantastic.

- Eric Cartman : "Yeaahh. Mmmhhh. You like that.", "Yeah, you gonna take it lad.". He is a fetish, and gay (I mean it).

7/10
Last edited by JokerKenny on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butters = SpongeBob Squarepants
GregW

Postby GregW » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:19 pm

There were a few good parts in the episode, I liked when Cartman was putting his hand up and his belly was hanging out, also I loved the mouse and penis singing, overall a very good episode.

It's good that Ms. Garrison is gone and Mr. Garrison is back, it was also good to see Sergeant Yates again.

"You'll just have to live with being a woman... a very ugly one"
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
FreeKenny

Postby FreeKenny » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Cartmens role is from Stand and Deliver (search it on imdb.com), Cartmen portrays Edward James Olmos
aenariel

Postby aenariel » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:01 pm

This episode was really below average, compared to some oldies.

A big *sigh* is how I sum it up. "Yeah, ok." I got the point by the 10th minute alone.

Just seen "Cow Days" yesterday, god, those were the days. MnT used to get a whole bunch of different funny situations into one single episode. Now it's just the 2 parallel storylines, Cartman's doesn't act like a kid anymore (not one of the kids does, except for Butters) and the laughs are really forced.

*sigh*.
Let's look for treasure!

*ahem*...

F*ck you.

If you have any questions you may direct them to that brick wall over there ---->
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:59 pm

(Kenny's idea to steal the test =D)

(Once again, i've got to say sorry...)

I quite liked this episode. Cartman was funny all the way through it (Thats how it should be!) And it's nice to have MR Garrison back.

8.9/10
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Short review: second best episode of the season so far.

Long-winded drivel:

This episode pretty much revealed to me exactly what I find funny about South Park and what I don't.

Point #1
This might sound weird, but more often than not, I find their satires funny if I DON'T know what they're satirizing - I never saw "Stand and Deliver" but the fact that I got the gist of what the movie was about by seeing the parody was funny to me. In contrast, I instantly recognized the "American Tail" reference, but I only found it funny for a second. Fortunately, the scene ended before I got annoyed with it.

Point#2
I HATE the repetition of catchphrases, ("how do i reach these kids", I'm not your friend, buddy, etc.) but I love frequent returns and variations on taking digs at a certain target - unless I disagree with the subject. In this case, it was the Patriots, who I'm indifferent to as much as I'm indifferent to spectator sports in general. I found Cartman's relentless digging on their cheating to be hilarious.

Point#3

One thing I enjoy about M&T's humor is how they can take a highly sensitive/controversial subject (like abortion) and be totally crass and irreverent about it and at the same time be so casual - Cartman's little pep talk about abortion as the ultimate cheating - I almost fell out of my seat laughing at that one.

This probably contradicts my previous point, but I found the women jumping up on the chairs as a nod to the '1960s sitcom' cliche funny. The fact that the mouse was sprouting a dong made it ridiculous.

And so...with the obvious exception of "Major Boobage" this episode is their best IMO since "Imaginationland."
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:22 pm

Finally, the re-transformation of Garrison is complete...

So far, I've guessed these topics for this season and I have been correct:

-AIDS (Since Matt and Trey have said for YEARS they wanted an AIDS episode)

-Britney Spears (But from a Media perspective.. which I was again correct)

-Writers Strike

-Transformation of Garrison

Maybr, we see an episode like this next week:

Olympics Torch/Protesters (This would be a standard topical SP episode... Just thought of this now, however)
Fuhjem092

Postby Fuhjem092 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:39 pm

This was an amazing episode, the funniest one this season yet!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”