*1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

stevesut1

Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:52 pm

I didn't care for the "teacher" bits with Cartman, but it was great to see Garrison go back to being who he really is.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:56 pm

strongwilled wrote:
And the whole abortion thing troubles me ... simiply because a lot of people who post these things come from nice families and don't come from "forced" families. Young people who come from "nice" families who were mostly hidden from the bull sh*t their parents endurred ... and that babies make everything ok.

Cheating nature by way of abortion ... I guess we cheat nature ALL the time.... with our egrigrious energy consumption.

And none of us would give it up for the world.

I understand what you mean. The human condition IS troubling to an extent it can drive you to madness if you really think about how messed up the world is.

The thing about SP is that it often acknowledges this, and the hopelessness of it all, and helps us to laugh about it instead.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:26 am

It was an okay episode, but did anyone else find it highly Freudian?

In his lecture on Femininity, Freud states that all women have penis envy (which you've probably heard of) and that the only way to overcome it is to have a baby to serve as a substitute. If a woman does not have or want to have a baby, she has either deluded herself into believing she has a penis, (butch or lesbian) or developed neuroses from the anxiety. (Complete bullsh*t if you ask me.)

Garrison's quest for a penis becuase he can't have kids and is therefore not a woman reflects that in a fairly literal way. It's not the first time I've seen something explicitly Freudian in South Park. And I don't think it's intentional.

Aside from that interesting note, I now believe I'm a sucker for the musical numbers, because they have been my favorite parts of several episodes this season.
XDragoon

Postby XDragoon » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:50 am

I haven't seen any of the movies parodied and don't know anything about american sports, but we had our own sport-scandals over here and so it just showed me that sports get corrupted everywhere. And I thought that singing penis was just a reference of that commercial with that singing penis some years ago.
Cartmenez was really funny for me, mainly because I'm actually becoming a teacher and see how many other students still have no idea how to act in front of a class (Which means that even teaching the kids how to cheat is way better than what most future teachers will do here). So I didn't even notice or even thought of this part as being a parody of a movie rather than a hint on reality.

Did anyone here think about where Garrison's penis actually went to? Out in the street, italian restaurant kitchen, canalization... well... I don't want to know what sicknesses he caught that way... what am I saying? Of course I want to know ^^

About the abortion-scene. Well, I think it wasn't so much about abortion as more about how religion can stand in your way to success.

I agree about the Freud-concept having a part in this episode as well as it is bullsh*t* (but still a major part of lore in teacher's education).

What I missed:
Butters getting grounded
Kenny getting killed
Garrison not getting his penis (I just loved that "you're a lesbian now?")
Crossover between Garrison- and Cartmenez-Stories (the Penismouse could have ran through the classroom)
tephita3

Postby tephita3 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 am

I thought this episode was hilarious. Mostly because I got all the parodies (which I never understand). 9/10 It was missing a crossover between the two plots.
Pfhor

Postby Pfhor » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:27 am

Meh, this episode wasn't very good. Garrison's story was funny enough but it needed a solid A story to back it up, I was hoping Cartman would be teaching the actual kids in his class. Really, all they needed to do was have all the personalities (especially Wendy, Tweak, Craig, etc..) of his classmates bounce off of each other and start conflict while they didn't have any real authoriah figure holding them back. South Park has all these great characters, they should use them.

It probably would have been funnier if I got all the parodies, but as of now this seems like it wasted a good idea.
pmn1990

Postby pmn1990 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:36 am

I think this is a good season so far and to keep it up.
The exessive jabs at the patriots i think were a little to much"(im a pats fan) but i do have to admit the first time was funny and then when Cartmen said "what happened the one time they didnt cheat, they lost."
But also the pats are the only ones that got caught doing it and neways think about it anyone could just film other teams and go over it. Every team does it( how do you think teams get ready to face eachother? by watching old games.)
All teams are going down next year the Patriots are the best dynasty maybe in football history and a force that wont be stopped again.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 am

TakeYaOrdahPwease wrote:+1 Mr. Garrison's penis still squeeks

Actually, it doesn't. They removed the penuse from the mouse. Now Garrison has a new pet; "Dongburger". At least that's what I would have named the little guy.

Does anyone else think that they were a little generous with it's size?
duffeknol

Postby duffeknol » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:30 am

sorry guys but this was probably the worst SP episode I've ever seen in my life, I didn't laugh once :(
Amrryn

Postby Amrryn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Omg this episode was great!

Not as good as 1203 and 1204 but it wasn't that bad.

I loved when Cartman says "Everyone take a syllabus and pass it to the amigo behind you!" in his accent! IT WAS GREAT!!

And Butters was awesome as usual...

The little fluffy eared mouse was so adorable! And the huge dong on its head just made the whole thing really funny...

I misinterpreted the rules! :D

I'd give the episode a 7.
Viktorguy, kinda

Postby Viktorguy, kinda » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:27 pm

i had to laugh hard when garrison described his penis to the police and that guy drawed mickey mouse with a huge dick and when one guy said his wife had some kind of cancer and mr garrison told him to get a hiv-test

...and by the way...where are you from XDragoon? because im from austria and we had big scandals too^^
I am austrian, that means i gotta be 16 to be able to buy alcohol, I'm 14 and I drink anyway. HAHAHA you gotta wait until you're 21 HAHAHA
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:42 pm

carman's accent sorta sounded like ren, you know, from ren and stimpy.... which is another awesome show...
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:25 pm

I NEED to see more Ren and Stimpy :)

Anyway, sad to see a new pet for garrison, I was hoping for Hat or Slave's return... can't see how this mouse will beat either of them...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:38 pm

I really hope that the rat is going to be like a new Mr. Hat. :)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:47 pm

yeah, the rat waspretty awesome. but i doubt it'll be the new mr. hat cause what can mr. garrison do with a rat?
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”