*1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aym_Dand

Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Very good episode, with one exception: the burger king bullsh*t. Is there some sort of joke in that that I missed? Because to me it just looked like blatant in-episode advertising, and if that's the case, I have my first double-barreled f*ck YOU for Matt and Trey. Keep that greed-driven, hacky bullsh*t off your show. You're better than that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
nhdave

Postby nhdave » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Pretty good episode, especially Butters pissing off Cartman the whole time. But, like many of this season's episodes, they seem more interested in intricate plots and parodies than in being funny. This one wasn't as bad as some others but it certainly wasn't a 'great' episode as others are claiming.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Well I just watched Super Fun Time

I give it a 9/10.

Really great episode. :) Had some good classic laughs and REALLY reminded me of classic South Park, I prefer episodes where the parody is on situations not current events, as that gets a little old.. and out dated early. Plus Stan and Wendy were back together and I am a fan of Stan+Wendy, also another reminder of classic South Park. It was nice to see Mr. Garrison as, Mr. Garrison again, and back to his same old self for the most part. Glad to see South Park hasn't lost its charm! Much better than last weeks episode, though that itself wasn't terrible just seemed more.. epic, than episodes should be I think. Then of course the die hard parody used with the terrorists. That was pretty funny. And only taking a small amount of money plus some burgers. XD

Great work. Hopefully next week won't disappoint either.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:11 pm

I`m affraid that theres no new episode next week thats it now until october 1st :(
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:13 pm

(Oh how one's faith is restored)

One of the best episodes IMO. Cartman was back to his best, Franz was a cool villian and the fact that the actors never broke their character kept me laughing.

(Oh, and Thank you Stan! You Saved Kenny! =D)

My Score: 9/10
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Funny from start to finish and may be the best episode of the season so far! All I know is I laughed right through! Butters and Cartman usually provide great comic moments and this was no exception. Cartman saying to Kyle, “what did I ever do to you?” and Craig’s comment about the commitment of the park employees was perfect!

Once Garrison told Butters to not let go until they were back on the bus you knew he wouldn’t! I agree with those who thought seeing Cartman and Butters dangling from the traffic light hilarious.

I really enjoyed learning about the good-old-days of Colorado and it warmed my heart to have the murderous criminal mastermind learn something important about history. He didn’t learn anything from the results of his lame robbery of Burger King, the death of all his partners and the fact that the end result was prison but he did learn something due to the incredible persistence of the cast at Pioneer Village! Thank God some people are serious about their profession.
nhdave

Postby nhdave » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:18 pm

"Great work. Hopefully next week won't disappoint either."

Um, wrong on both points: the episode was fairly good - cetainly not great - and you don't need to hope about next week because it's a rerun (no new episodes until October).
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Schantrac wrote:Great work. Hopefully next week won't disappoint either.

Yeah, except that there really isn't one next week. :P
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
oceankidd

Postby oceankidd » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:14 pm

as with the previous episodes of the 12th season, (cept "overlogging") funny from begining to end. man. i can't believe this is it till fall:(
how bout in fall start off with a "warren jeff's" FLDS episode.
trey/matt-ur work gets better and better.
thanks for all the laughs.
-oceankidd
DidYourLipJustFart

Postby DidYourLipJustFart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:18 pm

good episode, i thought the BK thing was expected but equally hilarious. when he flipped the burger like he was couting a wad of bills i damn near shat myself.

i thought butters' voice kinda sounded half 'tarded in this episode. i dunno if matt was losing his voice or what but it sounded wrong. butters is still adorable though, despite the fact that he had the whole \ / angry-ass eyebrows going on the whole time. i kinda miss the / \ worried/skurrrd butters but o well who gives a sh*t the episode was funny

and i think they should start killing jimmy in every episode now only people would prolly be pissed because jimmy's 'tarded and u can't kill 'tarded people on national tv. i'd laugh and i guess in the end thats all that really matters. anyways, im off to sip the rest of my jack daniels and watch flava of love, holler.
~*Jeezis bro, did your lip just fart?*~
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:25 pm

They should make a Cartman-and-Butters plushie joined at the hands to hang on rear view mirrors. The scene of them hanging off the traffic light was fuggin' A.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:27 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Schantrac wrote:Great work. Hopefully next week won't disappoint either.

Yeah, except that there really isn't one next week. :P

You know, Big-Will, I think you might not have known this, but the terrorist leader Franz is a play on the terrorist leader Hans Gruber from Die Hard! And the surprise is this: Hans Gruber is played by Alan Rickman, the actor who plays Snape in the Harry Potter movies; and he also sang as Judge Turpin in the Tim Burton movie Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street! Here's a comparison pic of Alan and his parody:

And here's Alan's profile:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000614/

These are so going to be in the episode's "Secrets" section, okay, Big-Will? :cartmansmile: ;)
Still the same as it ever was.
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 pm

kfgg wrote:1009 I took Disk 2 of my season 10 DVD and put it in the microwave if you want to know how bad that effected me.

Sorry, but I don't think you told us what upsets you so much about the episode...and 114.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:14 pm

This is how I'd rank each episode on the first half of season 12:

Major Boobage
Super Fun Time
Eek, a penis
Tonsil trouble
Over Logging
Canada on strike
Brittany's new look
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
kylestanfan

Postby kylestanfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:46 pm

Super Fun Time was just that: a super fun time!

All the boys were featured in some capacity or another, there were some really f*cking retarded adults, Butters grew a spine and apparently took some steroids (or maybe he still has some of his Professor Chaos ninja powers?), and the fact that these international robbers used high-powered assault rifles and pistols with silencers to rob a freakin BURGER KING!

Sure, Kenny didn't die, but at least they killed some of those actorfreaks.

What I liked: EVERYTHING
specificaly: Kyle having one of the gayest SP lines ever ("Sister, you don't know the half of it."), Jimmy holding them up by making them wait for him to state the obvious before they can run from the terrorists, Stan risking his life to make an ass of himself, and Cartman and Butters hanging from the stop light. Oh, and the slight "Glory" parody when it's pointed out that the blacksmith is wearing a digital watch.

What I disliked: Stan didn't puke on Wendy, Kenny didn't die, and the Pioneer Village people. I had to go to one of those places when I was in Fourth Grade...thankfully my experience wasn't nearly as gay.

Rating: 9.99999999998/10
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”