*1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

dorkjackson

Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion

Postby dorkjackson » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Whoa, this episode was awesome!! Joint favourite so far! All the characters had a little something to do and there were tons of funny moments.

1. Super Fun Time 10/10
1. Major Boobage 10/10
2. Eek, A Penis! 9/10
3. Canada on Strike 9/10
4. Tonsil Trouble 8/10
5. Britney's New Look 5/10
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Best episode of the run, hands down.

I have to admit that I really loved Butters in this episode. He was tough, man. I mean he wouldn’t even let go of Cartman’s hand when the two of them were dangling from that traffic light. It was cute that he was so assertive. And I loved how everyone thought that Butters and Cartman were a gay couple, and how both of them were so abrasive when asked if they were ‘special little buddies’. Ahh, so funny. XD First Cartman was accused of being gay with Kyle, and now Butters.

Oh, and that scene when Butters started crying made me go ‘awwwwww’. That was so cute, especially when he slightly punched Cartman in the stomach.

I gotta say that Stan was so freakin’ amazing in this episode. When he said that line in the beginning about how he didn’t want to look stupid in front of his girlfriend, I kinda screamed. XD It was a happy scream. I’m excited that Wendy and Stan are back together now, because that opens the door to further character development between them. I just hope that, now that they are a couple again, their relationship doesn’t get pushed into the background as it had been previously. I hope they actually develop it some more in future episodes.

‘Cause I’m such a sucker when it comes to romance. I love that sh*t, I honestly do. XD I think Stan/Wendy is so adorable, and I hope they stay together for the rest of the show’s entirety.

Aaaaanyway, those pioneer village guys were so ridiculous. Craig was right, they’re way too committed to their jobs. That was so funny. I liked Murderin’ Murphy. XD

And they ALMOST killed Kenny, and you know what, that was good enough for me. Stan saved him, which was great. His plan was brilliant.

I guess my only complaint was that Kyle didn’t do much in this episode, but he had a few good lines, so that was better than nothing.

That really was an awesome episode. I laughed the hardest when Cartman was riding that rocket ship thingy and Butters was hanging on the side, swinging back and forth. XDD

And overall, it was a decent run. There’s been better, there’s been worse. I'm already looking forward to the fall run. It just sucks that we have to wait until October.

But this episode definitely left me satisfied. :D

Edit: Eww, sorry for my lengthy post. I wasn't trying to go into such a long rant, it just sorta happened. XD
largesponge

Postby largesponge » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:20 pm

jesus christ monkeyballs, that was the best episode of the season! (and by a considerable distance)! The best moment of the series when they anounced they robbed...... BURGER KING!!! i seriously had to stop the ep just to get over that (i still chuckle to myself when replaying it in my head)

1st: Super Fun Time
2nd: Eek, A Penis!
3rd: Britney's New Look
4th: Major Boobage
5th: Canada on Strike
6th: Over Logging

Not Ranked: Tonsil Trouble (that load of crap will never be watched again by me)

Butters is now in my top 3 after that adorable/assertive display!
Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Butters is impossibly strong if he can lift Cartman up the traffic light. Them holding hands was awesome. There seems to be a theme of characters being put in situations where people think they're gay.

The Villagers were awesome exspecially when they spontainiusly stop character at the end.

The "moral" was great.

Alot of other good lines: "You want to hold hands with a girl, what are you a fag." "Sister you don't know the half of it." And many more.

This is how I would rate the first part of the season.

Canada on Strike 9/10
Super Fun Time 8.5/10
Eek, a Penis 8.5/10
Major Boobage 6.5/10
Tonsil Trouble 6/10
Overlogging 5/10
Britney's new look 5/10
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
gemiknight

Postby gemiknight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Good episode! The 1864 guys never breaking character were hilarious (especially when the one got shot for doing so. I was on the floor!)

I do agree with someone in an earlier post who said that Cartman's song could've been better, but that is just being nit-picky. And really, you ain't gonna top his Cheesy Poofs jingle. Or the Hallway Monitor theme.

Anywho, good ep, and yay for Stan and Wendy. And I loved Jimmy's line too. 4/5 cheesy poofs.
Fingerbang.
j-rab

Postby j-rab » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:24 pm

That was a pretty good episode. I loved when Butters shuffled his foot on the ground, one of funniest parts!

I'm relieved they didn't kill Kenny, he's just too cool to die IMO.

As for "I don't want to look like a dork in front of my girlfriend" Stan/Wendy part...THAT_WAS_GAY!!! The storylines would be much more enjoyable if they weren't in a relationship, it's kind of cheesy and old (and stupid).

They might be reading some fanfics in getting ideas about hinting of gay relationships between characters like the Cartman/Butters theme, I came across a lot of people with ideas like that. (just a theory...)
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:30 pm

An episode involving almost all of the 4th graders in strong plotlines suited to their charactars, and cameos from those who wern't integral to the plot? More side plots than you can shake a stick at? Yet more evidence for the truth of Butters/Fatass? Cartman singing (a suprisingly dull version of an 80's synth track? Wendy's first major role since the List? Stan as a hero? Kyle actually doing something that doesn't involve Cartman?

What do you think my oppinion of this episode is? Shame not every episode has this kind of quality. Only flaws I can think of are that it's a bit late to parody Die Hard/action movies and the historical recreation thing has been parodied (with simmilar succes) in The Red Badge of Gayness, but apart from that this episode kicked major butox. Did I mention the pioneers coming out of charactar at the end, and Butters little dirt kicking/hand holding thing made me laugh my lungs up?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:34 pm

@J-Rab: So you don't like character development? :lol: Characters get girlfriends/boyfriends and they try to act in a way that would be pleasing. It is good and adds a dimension to the show that wasn't there before.

As for C/B and the show: They hardly read the forums, let alone fanfiction. The reason you ever see Cartman/Butters fanfics is because, ever since season six, it has always seemed to be the best fit. So, the people with theories have gotten it from the show, not the other way around.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
j-rab

Postby j-rab » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:48 pm

It's not character development that I don't like, they can do that other ways besides getting gfs/bfs, and better ways at that. It's Wendy, I never liked her at all as a character and I find her to be quite annoying actually.
anday420

Postby anday420 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:01 pm

It was alright, ok at best. The town people were funny but it didn't come even a little bit close to major boobage as far as season twelve is concerned. Its like getting a B paper from an A student, and people 10/10 is a stretch. I mean did you all see scott tenorman must die, or make love not warcraft. What about tsst.
I didn't dislike the episode but its not the first time this season that an episode has come off as sub par, britney's new look. Last season was amazing and i pray they will pick it up. Of course this whole season was worth it just for major boobage.
And i will be truely dissapointed if stan and wendy come to interrupt the stan kyle cartman kenny interactions that we have come to know and love.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
Schantrac wrote:Great work. Hopefully next week won't disappoint either.

Yeah, except that there really isn't one next week. :P

You know, Big-Will, I think you might not have known this, but the terrorist leader Franz is a play on the terrorist leader Hans Gruber from Die Hard! And the surprise is this: Hans Gruber is played by Alan Rickman, the actor who plays Snape in the Harry Potter movies; and he also sang as Judge Turpin in the Tim Burton movie Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street! Here's a comparison pic of Alan and his parody:

And here's Alan's profile:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000614/

These are so going to be in the episode's "Secrets" section, okay, Big-Will? :cartmansmile: ;)

Is anyone responding?!
Still the same as it ever was.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Great episode! Still not as good as Major Boobage IMO, but well written and creative!

The most important element of the episode, and this may be my interpretation alone, but I think there was an underlying theme about mindlessly following rules.

We're told all our lives to 'follow the rules' and we'll keep out of trouble, but as we saw in the case of Butters holding onto Eric's hand, and the Villagers of 1864 refusing to act out of character, there comes a point where rules, especially those arbitrarily imposed by an authoritah figure, :cartmancop: work best as "general rules" and not "absolute rules."

And rigid, stubborn adherence to absolute rules will cause you much pain in life. And so, kids, the lesson here is: try to do the right thing, but remember to use your head!
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:05 pm

Isn't anyone paying attention to my post?! :cartmansopissedrightnow:
Still the same as it ever was.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:11 pm

j-rab wrote:It's not character development that I don't like, they can do that other ways besides getting gfs/bfs, and better ways at that. It's Wendy, I never liked her at all as a character and I find her to be quite annoying actually.

Ahh, so you're a Wendy hater. I'll leave you to a certain someone I know who will post 10,000 words to defend Wendy. :lol:

@Angel- Yeah, we saw. We know.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:13 pm

Well that sucks... I try to watch the episode online but I get rederected to thecomedynetwork.com and it doesn't show that episode (not to mention any clips) :cry: . Why can't I watch the show like everyone else with a non-canadian server?
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”