*1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:Isn't anyone paying attention to my post?! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

What post? :cartmanlaugh:
Super Pear

Postby Super Pear » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:33 pm

I loved it!

I am a big Butters fan, he has got to be the most adorable character out of the bunch! He is my first favorite out of 6 characters. Butters, Stan, Wendy, Randy, Kenny, and Mackey.

Kind of felt bad for Cartman who was unable to find a partner, but he brought it all on himself for being an assh*le to all of his classmates.

It was hilarious to find out these bad ass robbers with high tech gear and guns robbed a burger king! This is South Park, so that kind of thing was expected! Just like when they shot Sheriff Mclawdog? (is that his name?) in the head.

Great times!!!

I guess what made me most happy was the Stan/Wendy pairing. Its official and that is goodness! I've been a fan for a really...really long time^^.

all in all i give it a 10/10.

Oh and Cartman's song!

and now for the list in order.

1 Super Fun time
2 canada on strike
3 over logging
4 major boobage
5 tonsil trouble
6 eek a penis
7 britiney's new look
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:05 am

It annoyed me to no end. The jokes were so terrible. "These pioneer village workers are really committed to their job." Gee thank you Craig (I think), but that has been the joke for 10 minutes now. What was the episode even really about? Was I supposed to notice carbon copies of scenes from Die Hard and laugh because, you know, I saw that movie too and it was just like it? Was I supposed to feel bad for Butters who was acting like a retard?

This is the first half-a-season to actually let me down. Major Boobage was really good, I liked Over Logging as well, but the other episodes felt half-assed and uninspired.
I liked the general approach of Britney's New Look, but all Stan and Kyle did was follow her around and state the obvious to everybody ("Dude, don't you see she doesn't have a head?"). The remaining episodes have similar problems, generally fun stories but too many filler lines and even scenes, rephrasing the exact same joke over and over, repeating the exact same joke over and over.

They can really, honestly, do better. After the last half of season 11, I really had no reason to doubt that, so I don't now.
Let's fighting love!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:26 am

The pioneer joke was a bit streached, and there was ample opertunity to make a better show out of the idea, but it was the best episode since Cartman Sucks IMHO. Pointing out the obvious was lame, there should've been a better joke.

GARRISON! He was magnif in this. Though he lacks his hugh hefner shirt from the last episode. He's back in form, mr. hat ;)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
zuuh626

Postby zuuh626 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am

This was a really funny episode 1 of my fav :!: :D
~McBob

Postby ~McBob » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:52 am

DidYourLipJustFart wrote:and i think they should start killing jimmy in every episode now only people would prolly be pissed because jimmy's 'tarded and u can't kill 'tarded people on national tv. i'd laugh and i guess in the end thats all that really matters. anyways, im off to sip the rest of my jack daniels and watch flava of love, holler.

Ok, hold it. Not only is Jimmy too cool to die, but he also most definitely is not retarded.

NO YOU FABRIC
zuuh626

Postby zuuh626 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:56 am

I loved thoses pioneer jokes they were so annoying i thought they were going to kill kenny :cartmanlaugh: :chaos:
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 am

Jimmy may not be retarded but he makes the show retarded. I don't think he should die, just think he should get more jokes or get out of the spotlight. I think he was OK in this episode but, come on, why doesn't he have a new joke or let one of the other kids come on out of the audience and participate, like Timmy or Tweek?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
SomeRaccoonFox

Postby SomeRaccoonFox » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 am

Butters was so cute when he cried. *hugs him*

Wait.... just because they were holding hands doesn't mean they had to share one ice cream... so why did they? :D
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:55 am

superiorsavior wrote:Jimmy may not be retarded but he makes the show retarded. I don't think he should die, just think he should get more jokes or get out of the spotlight. I think he was OK in this episode but, come on, why doesn't he have a new joke or let one of the other kids come on out of the audience and participate, like Timmy or Tweek?

Why doesn't Jimmy get a new joke? And then you support Timmy? Timmy only ever had one joke! Although I do agree that Tweek was quality; he's been largely absent in past seasons.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
BigFloppyDD

Postby BigFloppyDD » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:31 am

tjrd wrote:It annoyed me to no end. The jokes were so terrible. "These pioneer village workers are really committed to their job." Gee thank you Craig (I think), but that has been the joke for 10 minutes now. What was the episode even really about? Was I supposed to notice carbon copies of scenes from Die Hard and laugh because, you know, I saw that movie too and it was just like it? Was I supposed to feel bad for Butters who was acting like a retard?

This is the first half-a-season to actually let me down. Major Boobage was really good, I liked Over Logging as well, but the other episodes felt half-assed and uninspired.
I liked the general approach of Britney's New Look, but all Stan and Kyle did was follow her around and state the obvious to everybody ("Dude, don't you see she doesn't have a head?"). The remaining episodes have similar problems, generally fun stories but too many filler lines and even scenes, rephrasing the exact same joke over and over, repeating the exact same joke over and over.

They can really, honestly, do better. After the last half of season 11, I really had no reason to doubt that, so I don't now.

amen!

I was really hoping this would be an episode about the polygamist Mormon sect in Texas, with the whole "Pioneer Village" thing. But I was disappointed to watch 30 minutes of repetitive jokes and empty plot line.

Oh well, Over Logging and Major Boobage has made up for all the other terrible episodes this season.
Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:36 am

YES!!! FINALLY THE OLD SOUTH PARK IS BACK!!! WHAT A WAY FOR THE MID SEASON TO END... AND BUTTERS... OMG! HE IS FUNNY AS HELL WHEN HE IS PISSED!! THIS WAS A 20/10!!!!!! BEST ONE THIS SEASON!! and i am glad that stan and wendy are back together i guess.... (i just wish he would go for bebe cause i think he would get more action from her!! LOL...)
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Butterskicksass

BY THE WAY.. ANOTHER SITE TO WATCH SOUTH PARK

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:41 am

I FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE... THERE IS A SITE THAT YOU CAN WATCH EVERY SP EPISODE, EVEN CANADA ON STRIKE WHICH WONT BE ON HERE UNTIL 5/03, ITS CALLED mtelly.net AND IT HAS EVERY EPISODE THERE IS. GO TO MTELLY THEN GO TO TV AND THEN CLICK SOUTH PARK... IT WILL SHOW YOU ALL THE SEASONS. JUST PICK THE ONE YOU WANT. ANYWAYS, I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CANT WATCH SOME OF THE EPISODES DUE TO WHERE YOU ARE AT. BY THE WAY... THAT SITE HAS MOVIES THAT ARE STILL IN THE THEATRE LIKE THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM... ITS OKAY QUALITY BUT ITS STILL FREE. HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS AND GIRLS OUT THERE!!! (I CANT WAIT UNTIL OCT. 1ST!!!! THATS WHEN THE NEXT NEW SOUTH PARK WILL AIR!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!!!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
shazzaTPM

Postby shazzaTPM » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:56 am

The very start of the episode reminded me of Season 2-3 so much. The start music, the atmosphere, the fact Mr Garrison is a guy again, Butters is way in the background and not a primary character.

And the rest of the episode still kept to its roots. If you exclude Butters, the better animation and Kenny not dying, you really can't tell the difference.
shazzaTPM

Postby shazzaTPM » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:07 am

tjrd wrote:The jokes were so terrible. "These pioneer village workers are really committed to their job." Gee thank you Craig (I think), but that has been the joke for 10 minutes now.

The joke reached new heights that the pioneer village workers would rather die than break character.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”