*Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Essey

Re: *Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Essey » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:41 pm

ITWAZRAEP *shot*

I was at first speculating it to be Butters, but that seems too obvious, right?

I think it could be Kenny. I just think he seems like the first torture target for Matt and Trey to use, since... well... he's Kenny. XD Sure, Kenny wouldn't mind a chick, but if it was something like... an older man... he probably wouldn't be going "Woo-hoo!" then. Plus it makes it easier to imagine how the situation was played out.

... Cartman's already been sexually abused (obliviously mostly), so I don't think it would either be a shock nor mean much to anyone. I mean, he's already 'closed his eyes and sucked out of a hose' for a hobo, given Ben Affleck a handjob, and... well... Leonardo DiCaprio sure had some fun while Cartman had amnesia, apparently. (Suddenly I have that mental image of years later Cartman's face expression when figuring out what that hobo really meant. XDDD)

It could be a minor character too, but I have my bets on Kenny. Although I at first thought that the episode clip was a possible prank clip to fool us into thinking about the new episode. Seems like something Matt and Trey would do. *shrug*
IZSBHR

Postby IZSBHR » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:26 am

Chef was made into a pedophile as "Darth Chef"
Chef was voiced by Issac Hayes
Issac Hayes died inbetween the season and mid season
Preview: A kid is raped

Connection?

Now what that has to do with China, that I don't know, so that's probably wrong. I'm just speculating.
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:30 am

It's hard to make a prediction about how funny this episode will be considering the one clip given is very serious, but I have a feeling that there will be plenty of jokes about China and the Olympics. I also am optimistic because the title and description of the episode make me think that SP will start focusing on international politics instead of just America's political issues. I just hope that if whatever is included about China is political at all, it will Matt and Trey's take on a real-life political issue (which it will most likely be) instead of just something made up. Unfortunately, I think that other than the Olympics, the only other newsworthy thing to come from China this year is the baby formula that got recalled because it contained lethal chemicals.

I am not very optimistic about how legit this preview clip is, though. I wonder if Matt and Trey are trying to trick the fans again because the clips normally are released on Mondays and I don't see Comedy Central agreeing to broadcast an episode about a kid getting raped. Although in the past we have seen the "blood orgy" in Woodland Critter Christmas and rape jokes in Imaginationland, no previous episode has ever had to do with a 9 year old boy actually getting raped (although Cartman Joins NAMBLA came pretty close). I think that Matt and Trey have been able to make very humorous episodes out of very controvercial topics (such as AIDS, religion, ect.), but I can see this episode getting banned if it includes this topic. I think it will be funny and don't want it to get banned, but I just can't see a TV show getting away with an episode about kids getting raped. I know that out of any show out there, SP would be the most likely to pull it off, though.
Schougadiver

Postby Schougadiver » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:58 am

IZSBHR wrote:Chef was made into a pedophile as "Darth Chef"
Chef was voiced by Issac Hayes
Issac Hayes died inbetween the season and mid season
Preview: A kid is raped

Connection?

Now what that has to do with China, that I don't know, so that's probably wrong. I'm just speculating.

Omg that could be it!
maybe it'll be their own little way of a homage (besides the little thing on their site)
i've always wanted a darth chef ep :)
we'll just have to wait and see
i love stany

Postby i love stany » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:58 am

maybe it was Kenny O:? I don't know but I'm starting to think that it was to be with poor Kenny x)!
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:18 am

someone told me it was cartman...but i don't know. what if it is cartman, but he's making it all up or something like that. i mean, what if someone touched him, but he said it was rape and now he's making a huge deal about it. it seems like something he might do....
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
hulkimania4life

Postby hulkimania4life » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:40 am

I doubt it is Butters.. It's going to be a character like Craig or Token.
kanklebiter

Postby kanklebiter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:45 am

Fosse got it! Huh huh huh, that'd be gay, huh huh, that's gay, huh huh...!
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 am

ned15 wrote:someone told me it was cartman...but i don't know. what if it is cartman, but he's making it all up or something like that. i mean, what if someone touched him, but he said it was rape and now he's making a huge deal about it. it seems like something he might do....

I actually would be appauled if Matt and Trey decided to use Cartman as the rape victim and have Kyle feel sorry for him, because after Kyle mocked Cartman for having AIDS in "Tonsil Trouble", it wouldn't make sense to have him feel sorry for Cartman if Cartman was raped. After everything horrible Cartman has done, Kyle would never feel sorry for Cartman no matter what happened. I love Cartman episodes, though, but he wouldn't fit that part, IMO. If Kyle feels bad for the victim, it simply wouldn't follow if the victim was Cartman.

I hate to say this, but I think it will be Kenny. Kenny is one of Stan and Kyle's good friends, and everyone would be expecting Butters to be raped because he always gets stuck in the worst situations. Although it's still funny as hell, SP has gotten slightly more predictable over the past few seasons, but having Butters get raped would probably make diehard fans stop watching.

Although I wouldn't want to see Kenny's character go through something as horrible as getting raped, at least he will get more airtime (if it's him, of course).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the episode no matter what, so I think I should stop discussing the possibilities for the ideas in this episode now. It just kills me to see a preview clip before the press release because I don't know how the clip ties into the episode.
CreativeRuthany

Postby CreativeRuthany » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 am

I thought it would of been Kenny, but he's such a pervert that it wouldn't be considered rape.
kennylovr

Postby kennylovr » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:16 am

OMFG!!!!!! i cant wait to see dis episode! dude i dont think it was cartman dat was raped because they dont care about cartman like at all... i think it was kenny or butters more kenny because idk i jus think it is because kennys kenny... i love kenny n i would hate to see dat its him but i think it would be a good idea to use kenny as da rape victim... dude itll probably be friggin awesome! :unhoodedkenny:
Last edited by kennylovr on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnDeRpAnTsGnOmEs!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:26 am

Return of the City Wok guy (I hope)!!!
DEFINEsammie

Postby DEFINEsammie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:34 am

Ooooh!
I can't wait to see it,
looks like it's going to be a good episode (=
zuuh626

Postby zuuh626 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:33 am

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :lol: :D :unhoodedkenny:
Essey

Postby Essey » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 am

NEW THEORY:

My friend and I have thought over... the possibility of, what if their friend really never got raped? Well think about it. What if there happened to be a situation where they ended up seeing something from far away or a bad point of view, and it looked like something like rape, when it wasn't even that. They freak out and assume the worst, and take matters into extreme hands.

... It just seems very SP-esque to me. XD Rather than actually have rape happen.

And lol at the Darth Chef theory btw.

"HELLO THERE CHILDREN."
"NO, CHEF, NO"

*shot* I'm going to hell. XD

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”