*Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SirKerrek

Re: *Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby SirKerrek » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:01 pm

OK, this second clip (well not really the clip, but the press release) helped clear some things up with me. Except for the whole rape thing; I'm honestly lost about how that ties into the China storyline. Oh well, it's in good hands, am I right?

Also, it's a Butters/Cartman episode, which has consistently been my favorite South Park pairing since, oh idk, Casa Bonita. However, I do agree with the people above in that they should try out some new pairings, as Butters/Cartman is practically a go-to thing nowadays.

Also, good call Shane, there's definitely going to be a quasi-irrational amount of violence in this one.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:06 pm

I stopped trying to predict the episodes a long time ago. I don't have anything against it, I just felt that over analyzing the episodes just built me up for a big let down. :)

I'm so glad it's back though. It's been kind of a crazy summer.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
britishbulldog

Postby britishbulldog » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:09 pm

jewish pride wrote:so i guess butters doesnt get raped after all? or there's no rape at all in the end?

but kyle said they "stood there and did nothing", sounds like they watched the actual thing
but maybe they saw wrong? or they dont know what rape really is? intriguing

yer i think u got it spot on there sounds right to fit in :unhoodedkenny:
WHO DARES WINS
candies

Postby candies » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Hmm....The China Problem...

Well, I believe this episode is going to be about Cartman destorying the Chinese Olympics and he needs Butters to be his associate by wearing disguise. Now about that little argument between Stan and Kyle....seems kinda awkward, but I believe Kenny or Tweek got raped, not totally sure about that.

P.S: Butters and Cartman looks very creepy on that Chinese costumes. :o
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
screwuguys

Postby screwuguys » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:53 pm

I don't think it was Cartman who got raped because Kyle used the word "friend". Since Stan and Kyle are discussing, I can't think of anyone else other than Butters (the usual victim :D )

I am eliminating Kenny because Kenny is not the type who gets raped, he is the type who rapes ;)
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:19 pm

aw, lame.

Didn't we end midseason with a Cartman/Butters episode?
i love stany

Postby i love stany » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:30 pm

well about the Cartman/Butters thing... it's getting repetitive and yeah we had super phun time and all but I still think that that pairing is funny C: ... I'm thinking that maybe the raped kid is Kenny, I can't think of a reason but... I do believe it is poor Kenny, and of course I can't tell if for sure but it's only my guess...
P.S: I would really love to see more episodes about Stan or/and Kyle :C ...
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:44 pm

I'd like to see a pairing that doesn't happen very often, like Kyle and Kenny or even better, all four of the originals doing something.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 pm

BRMBug wrote:I'm keeping open the option that it's Cartman, and he just says he was raped when in fact he wasn't.

That was what I thought right BEFORE I read the press release, but I agree, It's still possible.
The only thing is - I assume the tragic event is going to be the supposed rape (the two storylines must somehow have to do with each other) - and in the press release it seems that the mourning of the American people seems to be inconvenient for Cartman's cause so it doesn't make sense to me.
But you're right, it's still possible, especially if the "tragic event" turns out to be something totally different.
Last edited by A SouthPark Orange on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
candies

Postby candies » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm

The episode Stan and Kyle only have together was " Britany New Look". They should have an episode together on next Wednesday, maybe it'll be another Cartman/Kyle episode.....again.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:55 pm

SirKerrek wrote:Also, it's a Butters/Cartman episode, which has consistently been my favorite South Park pairing since, oh idk, Casa Bonita. However, I do agree with the people above in that they should try out some new pairings, as Butters/Cartman is practically a go-to thing nowadays.

yeah see? thats the thing
i totally enjoy the cartman/butters pairing, they are both really funny and very opposite, i loved episodes like awesom-o or the death of eric cartman where they are together, and casa bonita is one of my definite favourite episodes

but they could try something different for a change dude, i mean its been almost 12 f*cking seasons now and for the love of me i can hardly remember ever seeing stan and cartman paired up, i would like to see how that would work out
or even butters and kyle put together, that would be fun too, to vary a little you know
Last edited by jewish pride on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:00 pm

britishbulldog wrote:
jewish pride wrote:so i guess butters doesnt get raped after all? or there's no rape at all in the end?

but kyle said they "stood there and did nothing", sounds like they watched the actual thing
but maybe they saw wrong? or they dont know what rape really is? intriguing

yer i think u got it spot on there sounds right to fit in :unhoodedkenny:

lol i didnt reach to any conclussion though, im just enumerating the possibilities

if butters and cartman are going to china then i dont think either of them is the one getting raped, or if it is either of them, then the guys think he (butters or cartman) is the one who got raped but it turns out in the end that he didnt

the more i think about it the more i believed that no one was really raped, or that the person raped is quite irrelevant to the show, i just dont see any of the usual boys getting raped, that would be weird
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:26 pm

jewish pride wrote:i can hardly remember ever seeing stan and cartman paired up, i would like to see how that would work out
or even butters and kyle put together, that would be fun too, to vary a little you know

Stan and Cartman would be a change for once and I think Butters and Kyle could be really funny if done the right way with Kyle being both supportive of Butters and annoyed at his naivity. I mean, they even share some character traits like anxiety and being easily convinced by people (though Kyle not to the degree Butters is). The more I think about it the more I'm rooting for a Butters/Kyle episode.
Kyle/Kenny worked out well as seen in Jewbilee.
I totally support the idea of new/uncommon pairings or an all-five-main-kids-episode.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:32 pm

So, looks like this episode is gonna involve the olympics after all. I noticed quite a few people suggested that idea.

And I agree with the majority of you, the Butters/Cartman duo really is starting to get overplayed. I like it and all, but only once in a while. I mean, episodes where Cartman and Butters are paired together usually turn out great, but how much more can Matt and Trey possibly come up with that involves these two?

But anyway, reading the full episode description and watching the second preview clip only made me mored confused. ><;
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 pm

A SouthPark Orange wrote:
jewish pride wrote:i can hardly remember ever seeing stan and cartman paired up, i would like to see how that would work out

I think Butters and Kyle could be really funny if done the right way with Kyle being both supportive of Butters and annoyed at his naivity. I mean, they even share some character traits like anxiety and being easily convinced by people (though Kyle not to the degree Butters is). The more I think about it the more I'm rooting for a Butters/Kyle episode.

i totally think kyle liking butters and being supportive of him but at the same time being annoyed by his naiveness and his sometimes bit of dumbeness would be hilarious!

i dont think kyle is easily convinced at all tbh, i mean he many times seems to be the only one to realize cartman is full of bullsh*t (like ginger kids, le petit tourette, cartman's incredible gift)

the thing that i think kyle and butters most share is being a bit of goody two shoes, i know kyle is cool most of the times but he sometimes has goody two shoes moments (like toilet paper, good times with weapons and the movie) which comes from the fact that out of the four main boys kyle is the one that has the most strict parents (or rather parent-mom lol) and well, butters has his parents, no need to clarify heh

so yeah, i wanna see some changes goddammit! :cartmanangry:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”