*Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nikola0192

Re: *Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nikola0192 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:30 pm

I've always liked the Stan/Kenny pairing since passion of the jew for some reason... And about the Cartman/Butters pairing, it's just become another 'the thing they do'. I love Butters and Cartman, but C'mon!
Can't wait for the new episode though, i hope it's funny and not just shocking.

I won south park season 11 on my birthday- WOOOO, just thought i'd add that....
Butters: Hey! Who's dropping bombs in there? How about a courtesy flush?!

Cartman: Up yours, Butters!
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see a Stan/Kenny pairing too because they're my top two favorite 4th grader characters.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Essey

Postby Essey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Dammit, everyone using the slash symbol, keeps making me think we're talking about... well, slash/yaoi. D; *shot* Although if that were the case... 8D *brick'd*

ANYWAYS, I agree with people that the Cartman and Butters dynamic is getting a bit overdone, and they should try to strive for some random character matching up for different episodes.

On the case of the rape issue, I can perfectly see why it must be dreadfully confusing to match its relevance with the China plot, but if anyone hadn't been reading the press release thoroughly, due note the words "AMERICA" is used to describe who is mourning over the tragedy, rather than saying Stan and Kyle. Meaning, this person is of higher importance than we are assuming. So maybe it was an adult friend, whom meant a lot to America. *shrug*
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:11 am

I hate to be negative, but I really wish Butters got killed off of the show for at least a season. He's getting used way too much and he's an irritating character. If they don't kill him off, then put him in coma or wheelchair without being able to talk or something. He's just starting to get annoying, especially considering he gets more screen time than Stan, which used to, generally, be the main character in about half of the episodes. I miss Tweek, Pip, and even Dr. Mesphito. Bring one of them back instead of Butters, because Butters is a funny character, but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

The episode still sound good though. I just hope Butters isn't in it too much.
krazykarl12

Postby krazykarl12 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:13 am

the tragic event has to be about chef obviously..did someone say that already?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 am

Essey wrote:On the case of the rape issue, I can perfectly see why it must be dreadfully confusing to match its relevance with the China plot, but if anyone hadn't been reading the press release thoroughly, due note the words "AMERICA" is used to describe who is mourning over the tragedy, rather than saying Stan and Kyle. Meaning, this person is of higher importance than we are assuming. So maybe it was an adult friend, whom meant a lot to America. *shrug*

yeah i thought of that too, that maybe the rape is actually the tragic event that happened in america

and who do you guys think the raper might be?
a random dude?
a return of darth chef?
mr garrison maybe? lol
lychee_fruit

Postby lychee_fruit » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:34 am

So wait...

If Butters is with Cartman and it can't be Stan or Kyle...

Then the rape-ie is either Kenny or some random secondary character. Lolz, watch it be Tweek. :P
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:39 am

I hate to be negative, but I really wish Butters got killed off of the show for at least a season.

Haha, that's a good solution.

I wish Matt and Trey would read these boards and learn that we don't want any more Butters. Or The Cartman Show.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:48 am

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
I hate to be negative, but I really wish Butters got killed off of the show for at least a season.

Haha, that's a good solution.

I wish Matt and Trey would read these boards and learn that we don't want any more Butters. Or The Cartman Show.

nah killing them is not the solution, they are both great characters, i dont want them to leave

i just wish they would have a bit less time in the show, specially together, matt and trey are making them the show and they dont realize that there are plenty of us that really want to see the others too
HeyJo

Postby HeyJo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:50 am

"Cartman and Butters are paired together usually turn out great, but how much more can Matt and Trey possibly come up with that involves these two?"

Trey said writing script for Butters/Cartman is the easiest thing to do. He can come up quickly with those storylines.

Trey loves Butters and will never slow down his participation in the show: in fact, he seems to increase Butters' roles more and more as time goes on.
Remember, Butters won an Emmy for Imaginationland! He's a star :D
Last edited by HeyJo on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

I don't want Cartman killed off. He's overrused way too much and not all that funny but he's still a somewhat decent character. Butters is used WAY too much and has an annoying personality, and he's the main character in pretty much every episode he's in. He gots more screen time than Kenny and even Stan in some episodes, and that's kind of ridiculuous. I know Trey likes the character and stuff, but he shouldn't be used so much.

It seems to me that after they kill characters off, the remander of the season/the next season is better than usual. When Kenny was killed off, we get Season 6, which was one of my favorite seasons. When Chef died, the rest of Season 10 was very good, slightly better than average.
Last edited by Kobb on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Essey

Postby Essey » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:53 am

Wishful_Thinking wrote:I wish Matt and Trey would read these boards and learn that we don't want any more Butters. Or The Cartman Show.

... Would it really make a difference? |:
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:57 am

Once I saw the picture, I realized it would be a lot more funny than I thought. Even that clip of Cartman (use proxy server to watch if you're not from here people, like me), proves to me that I should seldom trust my gut, which guessed this episode would be serious kinda.
And I got the silly sense from the first preview clip too, but I over thought it.
So yeah, this episode will be ridiculous, and I think it'll be great. As long as theres a lesson to be had (and a dream sequence as suggested, Cartmans dreams are always the best), and it doesn't get too silly in the way Over Logging did.

And Butters and Cartman are fine to use, but I do want to see more Jimmy and Lu Kim, and Bradley. I think they're getting ready to f*ck around with characters a bit more, and experiment, the biggest suggestion of that being bringing Garrison back to a man. Or perhaps thats the exact opposite suggestion, and they're making things simple and traditional again which is also what a lot of fans wanted (Stan back with Wendy, yada yada). I think that was a bad choice personally.

f*ck, we just don't know what we want. Just let them make the final decision, as it always should be.
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 am

Most of all, stop whining. I can't really tell what the complainers are like personally, but if you're younger than 13... well, have your fun, but you know, make sure you get a life too :wink:
Like I hope we all are! Via South Park, but also the real world. Its up to YOU!
rc_sp

Postby rc_sp » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 am

It should pretty much be assumed by now that the more you complain about something in the show, the more Trey and Matt are going to use it...because they're funny like that.

And dudes, after 'Scott Tenormen Must Die'...nothing shocks me anymore, I am numb, but still easily amused. :wink:
GALL!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”