*Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Wishful_Thinking

Re: *Episode 1208: The China Probrem* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:46 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think that this episode won't be as serious as this clip suggests. It is in the voice tone and the fact that if the rape was treated seriously it would more likely have been revealed in full in the episode description and would not have been treated as bluntly in the clip.

I think you just read my mind. The more I thought about this, the more I came to believing it. I don't think it's in Matt and Trey's nature to treat such a dire subject with such seriousness.

*sigh* Again, I think they're trying to get laughs with unsuccessful tongue-in-cheek humor by acting so serious in over-the-top fashion.
ShadowMark

Postby ShadowMark » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:40 pm

Who was raped?! If it were Butters, then his time has come. But if it were Kenny, then that's even worse than facing death, I think. However, if Cartman got raped, then I don't care because he'll get what's coming to him.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:08 pm

I got a good feeling from watching that clip. Like this episode is gonna go in a direction that the show has never gone in before. (I mean that in a good way.)

And I so hope the City Wok guy will play some sort of role in all of this. I love that guy! We haven't seen him since season 9 in the episode Wing.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm

That's weird....firefox doesn't let me see the clip :S
amyalderton

Postby amyalderton » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:59 pm

I doubt it was Butters, I wouldn't really term him and Stan + Kyle as 'friends', even now. Ditto for Cartman, we've seen from the AIDS ep that Kyle doesn't take anything tragic that happens to him seriously. Could be Kenny, I suppose...

Gotta disagree with Aids Burger, though, I thought the Britney episode was the strongest of the season so far.
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:17 pm

At first I thought it would be either Kenny or Butters...but both of them would be sorta obvious, so, I think that it will be somebody else.
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:43 pm

CaptainCameron wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think that this episode won't be as serious as this clip suggests. It is in the voice tone and the fact that if the rape was treated seriously it would more likely have been revealed in full in the episode description and would not have been treated as bluntly in the clip.

yeah, i dont think it sounds that serious either, specially if you hear stan's voice at the end of the clip, it has a non-serious feeling in it, pretty much like cartman
Pudlam

Postby Pudlam » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Poor Butters :chaos: or Kenny :unhoodedkenny: I dont really care if its Cartman... :cartmansopissedrightnow:
KYLE ROCKS!!!!
Schougadiver

Postby Schougadiver » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:32 pm

i have an idea that this episode will change dramatically from start till finish, like everyone is saying

we know there is the subject of rape, but what about the whole tragic events? maybe it could be the 08 olympics, if it is that i have no problem seeing michael phelps having something to do in this episode.

maybe it'll be about the 700 billion dollar bailout, as in american tragic events

and also, the person who was raped doesnt necesairily (however you spell it) need to be a classmate, like i could TOTALLY see stan's dad being raped, as dumb as it sounds.
Hope the episode isnt too obvious, and i cant wait till Wednesday!
Ma1c01m

Postby Ma1c01m » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Pudlam wrote:Poor Butters :chaos: or Kenny :unhoodedkenny: I dont really care if its Cartman... :cartmansopissedrightnow:

First Cartman is the best and i cant wait to buy the cult of cartman dvd.

Second, I dont think Matt and Trey would be so obvious as too make cartman , butters, or kenny to get raped. Its probably one of there class mates like token or clyde. Most possibly Jimmy or Timmy. Think about it Jimmy is there friend and most weirdos rape the crippled, mentallly handycapped, or ill kids via Michael Jackson. lol just kidding my blackness doesnt allow me to admit that Michael raped those kids.
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Ok, first of all, hooray for South Park starting again! Ever since the killer send-off with Super Fun Time, I've been dying for new South Park.

Now, on to The China Probrem. So they did AIDS already, what semi-taboo subject can they do next? From the preview, it looks to be rape. I don't know what this has to do with China, but I gotta say...

I don't care. New South Park, and that's all that matters. My life has meaning for the next seven weeks!!! (jklolbbqttyl)
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Should be good.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:09 pm

My guess is that it will be Santa.

Postby 203177 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:14 pm

I really want to see the clip but it seems to be not working. :?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Postby 203177 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:39 pm

I don't mean to double post but i just saw the clip and it looks great! :D
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”