*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 am

DODNIZOID wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
Wishful_Thinking wrote:Hm, I take it that Matt and Trey didn't like the newest Indiana Jones movie?

This episode was better than I expected, but still a bit mediocre compared to episodes from seasons 1-9. But I guess I should stop comparing them and accept the fact that I'll never really laugh during the new episodes.

All the plots now revolve around taking such trivial issues (Indiana Jones, Guitar Hero, a list...) and exaggerating them to the point of ridiculousness, and we're expected to get laughs from that. I guess it's working for the majority here. Oh yeah, and then Cartman does something else all the meanwhile, usually paired with Butters.

The plots seemed extremely weak, I bet 5 years ago they would have been carried out better and made more humorous. Oh well


Dude, were you watching the same S11 as me?
D:
S11 has to be my favorite season so far, I mean, Le Petit Tourette, Imaginationland, The List, Guitar Queer-O, I thought they were all great.
The show has changed a lot since the earlier seasons, but I think it's for the better.
But I guess that's just my opinion, so...yeah.
>:



Everyone has there own favorites. I liked Seasons 6, 8, and 10 the best. Goobacks, Freak Strike, Hell on Earth, Douche and Turd, etc...

Everyone relax a little, you're turning into Republicans (afraid of change)


Yeah I know, I'm just a hardcore S11 fan, I never get why people don't like it. >______<
Oh goodness, and I thought SP was supposed to be turning everyone into Libertarians...
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Elanessea
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:29 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Elanessea » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:13 am

I love it! I am still smiling and the episode ended over a half an hour ago. I am going to watch it again at 12am lol! XD It was amazing! And the fact that the boys (and several adults) were so upset about Indiana Jones getting raped made me laugh so hard.

And Butters shooting the guys in the dick. WOW. And the way Cartman & Butters looked as Chinese people. And Stan saying, "No, you're not alone" to Kyle was so cute. And Cartman saying "You see, I've learned something today" was really awesome.

ALSO, I laughed hysterically when South Park ended and they showed a commercial for Indiana Jones coming out on DVD. The whole South Park episode was like a commercial for it. Lmao.

GREAT episode. Definitely reached beyond my expectations and I can't wait until the next one. And I can't wait until 12am! :)






I disagree with the people who say that the South Park episodes relating to current events suck. I think it makes the episodes even funnier, one reason being because we all know what they're talking about.
Last edited by Elanessea on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm so seriously, you guys.

Respect mah authoritah by going here:
http://www.myspace.com/flickherbic
http://www.youtube.com/bethanydesu
Butterskicksass
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:46 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Butterskicksass » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:13 am

Listen... To all those that think they are TV critics. Its a damn adult cartoon!!! Enjoy it for what it's worth or just don't watch it!!! If you think that your opinion matters to Matt and Trey, it don't!!! They do what they do best.... make most people with a sense of humor laugh!!!!

I am glad to see that most people enjoyed it though... I can't wait for next weeks episode!!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Essey
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:09 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Essey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 am

whatthejew wrote:
Wishful_Thinking wrote:Hm, I take it that Matt and Trey didn't like the newest Indiana Jones movie?

This episode was better than I expected, but still a bit mediocre compared to episodes from seasons 1-9. But I guess I should stop comparing them and accept the fact that I'll never really laugh during the new episodes.

All the plots now revolve around taking such trivial issues (Indiana Jones, Guitar Hero, a list...) and exaggerating them to the point of ridiculousness, and we're expected to get laughs from that. I guess it's working for the majority here. Oh yeah, and then Cartman does something else all the meanwhile, usually paired with Butters.

The plots seemed extremely weak, I bet 5 years ago they would have been carried out better and made more humorous. Oh well


Dude, were you watching the same S11 as me?
D:
S11 has to be my favorite season so far, I mean, Le Petit Tourette, Imaginationland, The List, Guitar Queer-O, I thought they were all great.
The show has changed a lot since the earlier seasons, but I think it's for the better.
But I guess that's just my opinion, so...yeah.
>:


I agree, Season 11 was a totally awesome season. I don't understand why people say "older episodes r betta!!!11" all the time, because looking back at Season 1... it's not that fantastic. XD A least I think so. I think the actual character development, more satire-related jokes rather than crude actually made the show a lot more entertaining and dare we say... mature? (Which is hard to say when the recent episode just showed Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas forcing Indiana Jones to have buttsex with them.)

I don't think this was Matt and Trey's best episode, I will honestly admit that. But for what it was, I wasn't expecting the greatest masterpiece off the face of the Earth. Just some good ol' Wednesday night entertainment. I thought it was funny, and while some things dragged on too long, and the plot wore thin, seeing a new adventure with the SP gang was really all I asked.

Fun fact: If you don't expect it to be 'amazing', you won't be disappointed.
DODNIZOID
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:47 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DODNIZOID » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 am

whatthejew wrote:
DODNIZOID wrote:
whatthejew wrote:ie?

All the plots now revolve around taking such trivial issues (Indiana Jones, Guitar Hero, a list...) and exaggerating them to the point of ridiculousness, and we're expected to get laughs from that. I guess it's working for the majority here. Oh yeah, and then Cartman does something else all the meanwhile, usually paired with Butters.

The plots seemed extremely weak, I bet 5 years ago they would have been carried out better and made more humorous. Oh well


Dude, were you watching the same S11 as me?
D:
S11 has to be my favorite season so far, I mean, Le Petit Tourette, Imaginationland, The List, Guitar Queer-O, I thought they were all great.
The show has changed a lot since the earlier seasons, but I think it's for the better.
But I guess that's just my opinion, so...yeah.
>:



Everyone has there own favorites. I liked Seasons 6, 8, and 10 the best. Goobacks, Freak Strike, Hell on Earth, Douche and Turd, etc...

Everyone relax a little, you're turning into Republicans (afraid of change)


Yeah I know, I'm just a hardcore S11 fan, I never get why people don't like it. >______<
Oh goodness, and I thought SP was supposed to be turning everyone into Libertarians...[/quote]

Yeah, wasn't bashing your comment, it was just the first one I saw that I could reply. Yeah, only had the Republican thing in their to get replies off my post. Lol.
MIDWEST BIAS!!!!!
Stanley_Marsh109
Posts: 11554
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:18 am

Once again, thoroughly disappointed with this episode. South Park has reached Family Guy-esque heights with their repetition of the same joke. No plot was ever really fleshed out or resolved. It just seemed like "let's put China and Indiana Jones together and see what happens". And what ever happened to the hour-long episode we were promised?

Frankly, this season of South Park has been extremely lackluster compared to earlier seasons. I'll probably watch a few more episodes, and if they're anything like what I've been seeing lately I'll probably dismiss South Park as the next Simpsons; that is, they lost it in the third act. Peace
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:19 am

Essey wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
Wishful_Thinking wrote:Hm, I take it that Matt and Trey didn't like the newest Indiana Jones movie?

This episode was better than I expected, but still a bit mediocre compared to episodes from seasons 1-9. But I guess I should stop comparing them and accept the fact that I'll never really laugh during the new episodes.

All the plots now revolve around taking such trivial issues (Indiana Jones, Guitar Hero, a list...) and exaggerating them to the point of ridiculousness, and we're expected to get laughs from that. I guess it's working for the majority here. Oh yeah, and then Cartman does something else all the meanwhile, usually paired with Butters.

The plots seemed extremely weak, I bet 5 years ago they would have been carried out better and made more humorous. Oh well


Dude, were you watching the same S11 as me?
D:
S11 has to be my favorite season so far, I mean, Le Petit Tourette, Imaginationland, The List, Guitar Queer-O, I thought they were all great.
The show has changed a lot since the earlier seasons, but I think it's for the better.
But I guess that's just my opinion, so...yeah.
>:


I agree, Season 11 was a totally awesome season. I don't understand why people say "older episodes r betta!!!11" all the time, because looking back at Season 1... it's not that fantastic. XD A least I think so. I think the actual character development, more satire-related jokes rather than crude actually made the show a lot more entertaining and dare we say... mature? (Which is hard to say when the recent episode just showed Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas forcing Indiana Jones to have buttsex with them.)

I don't think this was Matt and Trey's best episode, I will honestly admit that. But for what it was, I wasn't expecting the greatest masterpiece off the face of the Earth. Just some good ol' Wednesday night entertainment. I thought it was funny, and while some things dragged on too long, and the plot wore thin, seeing a new adventure with the SP gang was really all I asked.

Fun fact: If you don't expect it to be 'amazing', you won't be disappointed.


Honestly, I think that people tend to expect the greatest masterpiece off the face of the Earth from MnT every time and that's pretty much impossible. There are going to be hits and misses, they aren't going to make the best episoder evar!!!!! every single time.

That being said, I would never say this is one of my favorite episodes, but I don't think it's one of the worst. I was just happy to see Stan and Kyle have some actual air time. :D
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
IHateCelebritiesToo
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:19 am

The difference now is that the show builds its jokes entirely off of current events and abuses them like a mutilated dead horse. Years ago, the show actually tried to carry its own weight by using quality humor; it could actually be considered funny even if the viewer didn't understand a reference. Now it's all f*cks, dicks, 3D effects (ugh), current events, and nothing else. The entire IJ movie co-plot was rape, rape, rape. The whole fiasco reminds me of the moment in Transformers when what's-his-face-tron was like, "(pause for suspense) eBay (pause again to give the audience time to laugh)," as if somehow mentioning eBay was funny just because the movie's audience knew what eBay was.



Why do you keep watching?
GotACoolName
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:01 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby GotACoolName » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:22 am

Butterskicksass wrote:Listen... To all those that think they are TV critics. Its a damn adult cartoon!!!


That's what the TV-Mature rating wants you to believe, but in reality the vast majority of the people who make up the fanbase that still keep Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park running are legally minors.

Essey wrote:Fun fact: If you don't expect it to be 'amazing', you won't be disappointed.


I expected it to be crap and was still thoroughly disappointed.

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Once again, thoroughly disappointed with this episode. South Park has reached Family Guy-esque heights with their repetition of the same joke. No plot was ever really fleshed out or resolved. It just seemed like "let's put China and Indiana Jones together and see what happens". And what ever happened to the hour-long episode we were promised?

Frankly, this season of South Park has been extremely lackluster compared to earlier seasons. I'll probably watch a few more episodes, and if they're anything like what I've been seeing lately I'll probably dismiss South Park as the next Simpsons; that is, they lost it in the third act. Peace


Agreed completely.
GotACoolName
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:01 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby GotACoolName » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:24 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:
The difference now is that the show builds its jokes entirely off of current events and abuses them like a mutilated dead horse. Years ago, the show actually tried to carry its own weight by using quality humor; it could actually be considered funny even if the viewer didn't understand a reference. Now it's all f*cks, dicks, 3D effects (ugh), current events, and nothing else. The entire IJ movie co-plot was rape, rape, rape. The whole fiasco reminds me of the moment in Transformers when what's-his-face-tron was like, "(pause for suspense) eBay (pause again to give the audience time to laugh)," as if somehow mentioning eBay was funny just because the movie's audience knew what eBay was.



Why do you keep watching?


Out of hope that sooner or later the writers will get their act together and make an entertaining comedy.
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 am

Well...some people seem to really dislike this episode.
>:
Kinda makes me sad, I didn't think it was that bad.
But yeah, I respect that opinion, and the opinion that the show isn't as good any more.
I don't agree, but I respect the opinion.
Hopefully the rest of S12 gets better in everyone's eyes.
:3
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
IHateCelebritiesToo
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 am

The most frustrating thing about this new breed of South Park haters is that they demand and expect perfection.

The premise of this show has remained the same for 12 seasons.

Every show changes over time. Seinfeld was a fabulous show. Many people liked the earlier years, many people preferred the latter years. But I don't think anyone would say they didn't find any particular episode unfunny.

if you feel it's gotten this way with South park, then please, don't watch anymore. This is still the funniest show on TV. The reason why they do this show in 7 days is friggin brilliant. That's why Social Events and Hot Topics MUST be attacked. No other show can do this.

The main reason why people have started not liking the "Newer" SP is because people are generally dumb. M&T have become smarter. They have become more clever and throw underlying jokes IN their jokes (hence the dick shooting tonight).

You're allowed to not find it funny. But i'm telling you. If you don't find it funny, don't lecture other people why you think it sucked. Because YOU simply don't understand the humor.
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:
If you don't like, DONT WATCH IT.


Can movie makers say that to critics?

No.

"You didn't like my movie? Don't watch it or the next one."

You're being very unreasonable man, if we thought it was bad, we can state why, and you can state why it was good.

Next week, you might be on our side and we might be on yours.
ManBearPig123
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:00 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ManBearPig123 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 am

I didn't think this episode was very good. :timmy:
IHateCelebritiesToo
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:34 am

HAcoreRD wrote:
IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:
If you don't like, DONT WATCH IT.


Can movie makers say that to critics?

No.

"You didn't like my movie? Don't watch it or the next one."

You're being very unreasonable man, if we thought it was bad, we can state why, and you can state why it was good.

Next week, you might be on our side and we might be on yours.


So you're now a self-professed critic?

The problem is, ironically, it's the SAME PEOPLE week in and week out saying the episode sucked. It's really getting old. We get it. Your smarter then everyone. The older south park had more SOUL. it was "artistically superior". Who cares! It's getting old for us devoted fans (that appreciate the humor in every episode) to listen to this Bullsh*t every week.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests