*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

DODNIZOID

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DODNIZOID » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:41 am

If you don't like satire on current events then you shouldn't watch South Park.
MIDWEST BIAS!!!!!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:43 am

This is turning into a flame war now. I'll end this with a pro/con since I guess stating negatives is bad.

Pros:
Pinball Rape Scene
Movie Scene
Stan and Kyle saying "I love you"
First penis shooting incident
Animation, early portion specifically

Cons:
Story, or lack of
Cartman/Butters Angle had no 'ending'
Chinese Episode, and no sh*tty Wok guy
Story inconsistant with Lucas/Speiberg being alive.

Side note:
No Kenny death.

Rating: 2/10

Considering I found the rest of the season good (Notably Major Boobage and Canada Strikes), I was let down, but next week's a new ball game. Everyone has their opinion, many voiced it, I voiced mine. Cheers to the pacific coasters, hope it will be better for you guys.

I look forward to next week, hopefully for something with Wendy or actual Kenny. (PLEASE: No more cartman/butters)
oysterhead

Postby oysterhead » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:48 am

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!
Lay off people!! It's a f^cking cartoon!!!
Just enjoy it and stop analyzing every plot twist.
I sure hope Mel Blanc & Fred Quimby didn't endure this kind of abuse while writing cat & mouse classics.
Sheesh....stop hating and get laid.......or Lucus & Speilberg will get ya!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.---The dude above me is a giant douche. DERP!!!!
Last edited by oysterhead on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 am

HAcoreRD wrote:This is turning into a flame war now. I'll end this with a pro/con since I guess stating negatives is bad.

Pros:
Pinball Rape Scene
Movie Scene
Stan and Kyle saying "I love you"
First penis shooting incident
Animation, early portion specifically

Cons:
Story, or lack of
Cartman/Butters Angle had no 'ending'
Chinese Episode, and no sh*tty Wok guy
Story inconsistant with Lucas/Speiberg being alive.

Side note:
No Kenny death.

Rating: 2/10

Considering I found the rest of the season good (Notably Major Boobage and Canada Strikes), I was let down, but next week's a new ball game. Everyone has their opinion, many voiced it, I voiced mine. Cheers to the pacific coasters, hope it will be better for you guys.

I look forward to next week, hopefully for something with Wendy or actual Kenny. (PLEASE: No more cartman/butters)

No. My opinion is fact. Everyone must agree to it or I will become mad.

Seriously though...
My final Note:
-You're allowed to not like this episode, or even recent SP eps. That's not what I've been saying.

I would just like for the week-in and week-out TRASHING of episodes to end. I get tired coming on here and seeing the same people saying "That sucked". Which brings me back to my point, STOP WATCHING SOUTH PARK! I, and many others in here, don't need to see the same people over and over again trashing this brilliant show.

I've never seen a bad epsiode. And I doubt I ever will. Maybe I'm too loyal? I just find these guys to be brilliant, once-in-a-lifetime writers. I appreciate everything they put out.
avmusicman

Postby avmusicman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:50 am

HAcoreRD wrote:
GotACoolName wrote:This was just about the worst episode ever made.

imo Million Little fibers was worse, but goddamnit, this was right up in the top 5 worse

Go see the new Indiana flick. Then you'll get it. Until then, shut up.
Essey

Postby Essey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:54 am

Ugh flame war topic. |:

I disagree with some of the opinions, I won't lie, but I respect them for being the ones to declare they didn't care for it. It'd be an awfully boring topic if everyone just gushed about how much they adored it, wouldn't it? The episode did have its faults, so at least admit that.

I'm just saying, we need to stop bashing people for having opinions. It's getting really immature and annoying. If you didn't like it, you can say what you want. If you did, same thing. Just don't whine to each other saying, "HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IT!!!1" and whatnot.
oysterhead

Postby oysterhead » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:56 am

Well...maybe a Turd Sandwich then?
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:57 am

Essey wrote:Ugh flame war topic. |:

I disagree with some of the opinions, I won't lie, but I respect them for being the ones to declare they didn't care for it. It'd be an awfully boring topic if everyone just gushed about how much they adored it, wouldn't it? The episode did have its faults, so at least admit that.

I'm just saying, we need to stop bashing people for having opinions. It's getting really immature and annoying. If you didn't like it, you can say what you want. If you did, same thing. Just don't whine to each other saying, "HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IT!!!1" and whatnot.

You goto hell. You go to hell and you die.
avmusicman

Postby avmusicman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:57 am

oysterhead wrote:Well...maybe a Turd Sandwich then?

I'd actually have to go with a Giant Douche, sir.
vivalegreg

Postby vivalegreg » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:58 am

you def cant shoot a guy in the dick..and if you are complaining about inconsistencies kenny permanently died once remember?...yes hes still in new episodes..who cares if they brought lucas and spielberg back dont screw good movies up by making remakes of them that suck. and +1 on not having sh*tty wok guy in the episode...he should of atleast been the host of changs or something

ontop of that..cartman learned something today...even though some people may be trying to run sh*t you dont follow the guy that shoots you in the dick, and starts breaking your balls...and dont think it will get any easier next month

i laughed..cartman and butters were good and the indy thing well, eh i guess i wont see the movie ;)

i forsee a drama season coming forth...tell me theres some kind of political episode coming up..there has to be
Last edited by vivalegreg on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Essey

Postby Essey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:59 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:

... Wow, uncalled for much? |:
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 am

I'm only kidding of course.

But I see your point. People are indeed allowed to express their opinions. I thought this was America, and yes, it is.

MY point is that I would like a better reason other then, "I hate the new episodes. It's just current events. There's No creativitiy, AND BLAH BLAH BLAH." I'm sick of it, cause it's getting to the point where these haters are like desecrating a peice of art. Brilliant Art. and I'm going to fight for that art. Cause I can.

YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.... When the same people next week are on here talking about how the episode sucked! And maybe, eventually, everyone will see how annoying that gets.
Essey

Postby Essey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:03 am

I'm only kidding of course.

But I see your point. People are indeed allowed to express their opinions. I thought this was America, and yes, it is.

MY point is that I would like a better reason other then, "I hate the new episodes. It's just current events. There's No creativitiy, AND BLAH BLAH BLAH." I'm sick of it, cause it's getting to the more where their desecrating a peice of art. Brilliant Art. and I'm going to fight for that art. Cause I can.

YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.... When the same people next week are on here talking about how the episode sucked! And maybe, eventually, everyone will see how annoying that gets.

Oh lol. XD;; I should have guessed. *fail*

I don't blame you though, it gets annoying to hear the same argument used to point out why new episodes suck, but it gets annoying when people can't say that they didn't like an episode entirely. *shrug* >:
Sakiera

Postby Sakiera » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:06 am

*reads through thread*

This is like the pirate vs. ninja debate; destined to continue forever, and why hanging around large congregations of fans of shows/books/anime/video game series and/or franchises that have been around for over a decade (even less) tends to get very aggravating.

I wish this site had been around for a few years so I could look back through the archives from 5, 6 years ago because I would bet money that every post-air episode discussion at that time period would read exactly like this one. Personally I don't really care what everyone else thinks about the episode; if I like it then that's good enough for me and if I don't then I won't watch it again. I just wanted to point out that while shows change the predictability and nature of fans do not; and just wait, we'll be on season 15 and someone will complain about how terrible that season is and refer back to "better", "older" episodes such as "those in season 12".

I will laugh heartily.

Random comment: I can't wait for the rest of the season, dear god there is so much media fodder for Matt and Trey to turn into SP comedic gold!
Kennyfan84

Postby Kennyfan84 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:13 am

I personally don't complain cause the of the smart approach, I hate that it seems to be every episode Cartman and Butters, Butters and Cartman, & I'm sick of it.

I wish T & M would use more characters, they have 100 great SP Characters, I'm tired of seeing the same 2 or 3 characters. I also hate how Stan, Kyle, & Kenny have been shoved to the background, the show is South Park, not the Cartman Show.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”