*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LawrenceTaylor

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:14 am

Hi. Maybe you've seen my other nothing but enthusiastic posts on this forum with its f*cking ads all over the place.

I'm a serious fan, I had faith in you guys, I liked episodes in the first run, I stood by the lowest of the lows unlike everyone else since I became a serious fan, but that episode sucked dick.

I didn't find a scrap of anything redeeming, it had morals as weak as Family Guy does. Maybe you guys are just too busy f*cking around to actually do something for civilization anymore. You raped South Park Matt and Trey.
And I saw you at South Park Live, and you were my f*cking heroes. Now I don't know what to think at all. About anything.

Its one of the only things I really had to look forward to, I'm so f*cking confused about the world, and South Park made sense to me, and you raped it. I'm NOT kidding.
It was a creative episode, like always, but in total excess. It was worth absolutely nothing. Nothing. It reminded me of my own creativity just before I had a long case of exhaustion.

I'm gonna say it, and I never thought I would, f*ck you guys. You can go and explode your show and make it nothing but a disaster like you always wanted to, like Monty Python, but nobody will be laughing. Nobody will learn a f*cking thing. I hope you're just going Andy Kaufman on us and you can turn around.
And I hope I grow for leaving you guys behind.

I agree with you about Indiana Jones, but if you're going to make that point, make a well rounded episode so you don't rape your own show too. I'm sure you're well aware of that.

You were my living heroes.

f*ck you guys. I'm gone. I'm out.
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:16 am

Sakiera wrote:*reads through thread*

This is like the pirate vs. ninja debate; destined to continue forever, and why hanging around large congregations of fans of shows/books/anime/video game series and/or franchises that have been around for over a decade (even less) tends to get very aggravating.

I wish this site had been around for a few years so I could look back through the archives from 5, 6 years ago because I would bet money that every post-air episode discussion at that time period would read exactly like this one. Personally I don't really care what everyone else thinks about the episode; if I like it then that's good enough for me and if I don't then I won't watch it again. I just wanted to point out that while shows change the predictability and nature of fans do not; and just wait, we'll be on season 15 and someone will complain about how terrible that season is and refer back to "better", "older" episodes such as "those in season 12".

I will laugh heartily.

Random comment: I can't wait for the rest of the season, dear god there is so much media fodder for Matt and Trey to turn into SP comedic gold!

You're 100% right.

I'm out on that note.

Pleasure arguing with ya'll.
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:18 am

LawrenceTaylor wrote:Hi. Maybe you've seen my other nothing but enthusiastic posts on this forum with its f*cking ads all over the place.

I'm a serious fan, I had faith in you guys, I liked episodes in the first run, I stood by the lowest of the lows unlike everyone else since I became a serious fan, but that episode sucked dick.

I didn't find a scrap of anything redeeming, it had morals as weak as Family Guy does. Maybe you guys are just too busy f*cking around to actually do something for civilization anymore. You raped South Park Matt and Trey.
And I saw you at South Park Live, and you were my f*cking heroes. Now I don't know what to think at all. About anything.

Its one of the only things I really had to look forward to, I'm so f*cking confused about the world, and South Park made sense to me, and you raped it. I'm NOT kidding.
It was a creative episode, like always, but in total excess. It was worth absolutely nothing. Nothing. It reminded me of my own creativity just before I had a long case of exhaustion.

I'm gonna say it, and I never thought I would, f*ck you guys. You can go and explode your show and make it nothing but a disaster like you always wanted to, like Monty Python, but nobody will be laughing. Nobody will learn a f*cking thing. I hope you're just going Andy Kaufman on us and you can turn around.

I agree with you about Indiana Jones, but if you're going to make that point, make a well rounded episode so you don't rape your own show too. I'm sure you're well aware of that.

YAWN.

That was the most dramatic thing I've ever read. Kill yourself now you pansy.
avmusicman

Postby avmusicman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:23 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:
LawrenceTaylor wrote:Hi. Maybe you've seen my other nothing but enthusiastic posts on this forum with its f*cking ads all over the place.

YAWN.

That was the most dramatic thing I've ever read. Kill yourself now you pansy.

I completely agree with THIS.
oysterhead

Postby oysterhead » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:37 am

^
^
^
^
get that sand out of your vagina, dude.
Wow.
Lord Lionel

Postby Lord Lionel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:40 am

Dude, get some perspective. It's a cartoon!
I am a "proper" fan of the show and massively enjoyed that episode. There's only one episode I can think off that I don't like (Chef Aid - can't believe they let Elton John get away untouched), but I think all the rest are great.
Different strokes and all that. I don't expect people to agree with me, but I fully expect the dickheads who come to this site to slate the creators to carry on peddling their sh*t. Whatever floats your boat.
Matt and Trey did a great job on that one. Shame there's only another six to go.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:13 am

Okay I officially feel like a sh*t head. I was all trying to figure out who was raped and it was f*cking Indiana Jones. lol
Howerpower

Postby Howerpower » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:21 am

Guys...... It was not a good episode, deal.

It felt wishy-washy, like they threw it all together in like 3 days, which i'm sure happened. It cant be easy to make episodes constantly and thinking up ideas. I really thought they were going to do something with hurricane ike, but whatever.

I loved the opening, that was great. The whole indiana jones plot was great, especially the part where he mentions the fridge lol.
The butters and cartman plot was okay for awhile. but it seemed like it was totally half-assed. like they thought they had a really good idea and just started animating, but then just kinda lost it. P.F. changs made me lol.
As far as the dick part... I just assumed that they got the go ahead that they could say dick on television and wanted to overuse it. After the second time of him doing the "dude, come on" thing, I felt like I was watching family guy.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 am

9/10

Better than I thought it would be. The Cartman/Butters plotline never stretched too far; it was a two-joke plot that worked well enough. It started to wear a bit thin at the very, very end but it was late enough to not cause an issue.
The Indiana Jones Rape plotline had the best blow in season twelve when it was revealed THAT was who had been raped. I laughed quite hard. The first Stan flashback worked out very well, but the second(with the lawyer) stretched it too far. The only thing that saved the third flashback was the Deliverance reference. Beyond that, the fact that it was a non-serious issue being treated comically and serious made it rather good.

I was right in two predictions:
1- There was a gun.
2- The rape was non-serious.

Also, a slash fan of mine orgasmed over the Stan/Kyle bit in the lawyer's office. Nice to see most people see the difference between homosexuality and consoling close friends at a time of great emotional trauma and distress.

@LT: Drama man, drama man, can do everything a drama man can. :roll:
I hated #1202 and #1109 more than you could possibly hate this episode, but I didn't act like you. Get your sh*t, and priorities, straight.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:38 am

LawrenceTaylor wrote:Farewell speech.

You'll be back. :) They can't all be gems. Lord knows each season has a few stinkers in 'em.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 am

So, here is what I think of the season thus far:
#1201 was good. Not great, good.
#1202 sucked terribly.
#1203 was great.
#1204, good again.
#1205, middling.
#1206, didn't like it.
#1207, loved it.
#1208, extremely good.

#1203 pairs off with #1201, bring the season even. #1207 is much better than #1206 was bad, leaving the season a plus. Then the rest of the first run brings the season up to a fair level. #1208 brought it even further up.
So, a good season thus far.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:56 am

It looks like people are already well run into the first act, but for anyone else who's waiting, the new episode is online. Go go go!

EDIT: Oh, we also put up a China Probrem screensaver and wallpaper
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 am

ROCKED
KyleBroflovski99

Postby KyleBroflovski99 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:18 am

It was pretty cool, Butters shoots people in the dick, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas get arrested... What do you want more?

.. ouch, I can't imagine how a shot in a dick feels. Cartman was right: You don't do that.

Cartman and Butters look kinda funny in their disguises.

I wonder, why the City Wok guy didn't appear in this episode

LawrenceTaylor wrote:(...)

(...)

Why don't you like this episode?
And it will never have the same morals as Family Guy. Family Guy only make jokes all the time, but because they don't have any creativity, that jokes mostly don't have to do anything with their plot and are mostly like "Do you remember ...?"
Why do you say bad things about Monty Python, it's one of the best shows ever made.
If you really didn't like this episode, you shouldn't be mad. If you wait one week, another episode comes out. You can't stop being a fan, if you didn't like 1 of 175 South Park episodes.
Last edited by KyleBroflovski99 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:21 am

nall wrote:It looks like people are already well run into the first act, but for anyone else who's waiting, the new episode is online. Go go go!

GO!!!

Indy needs a stitch. I hope his o-ring is still viable. His bloomer are probably soiled though.

Enh, screw it. I stopped reading two pages ago. Here's what I thought; It was a very "meh" episode. Animation was great, stories were... ok, in the back of my mind I was thinking the raping was metaphorical but I kept my options open. The getup that Cartman & Butters had on was too funny, as was Lucas' face of determination and Butters blowing some guys privates the damn away. I do think there was one too many rape scenes, and one too many peens getting blown the hell off. (Oh, I so wish someone had just gotten a graze... "It's ok, it just grazed my taint!")
I also kinda wish that at the end Lucas and Speilburg (sp?) had been blasting Hello Kitty Darth Vader in the ass instead of the random Storm Trooper. It would've been more fitting I think.

I wonder who the Chinese guy at the table was? I don't think I've heard his voice before.
Last edited by BRMBug on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”