*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:37 am

The first rape scene was okay. It helped establish Stan finally having to face what he saw while also having some shock humor that wasn't on screen for 21 minutes(BNL). Not great, but okay.

The second one, the pinball machine, was just gross and not needed.

The third one was saved only by the Deliverance reference.

Agreed on the shooting of dicks. The first time was funny and Cartman bitching at Butters each time was okay, but the more dicks got shot the less funny it got in response. I didn't mind actually Cartman's characterization; the shooting of dicks would seem to be cruel to a male. :lol:

Agreed again on the point of the episode. It is a fine point and a fair catalyst, but the fact it never went beyond the punchline was irking.

And I also disagree about the Butters not shooting thing. Just about anyone can be pushed to violence. Butters himself is impressionable and scared, so when an overwhelming presence like Cartman convinces Butters that the traitor must be shot for the good of the country and family, it seems perfectly reasonable that Butters would do it.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kiju

Postby kiju » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:48 am

I can see your point with the Butters thing, he always has done whatever Cartman bullied him into. I guess I just expected him to be a bit more fazed by it. Wouldn't he be scared that he'd get grounded? :P

Also agreed on the first rape scene. I think I mentioned that, but I agree totally with what you're saying there.
juniorv03

Postby juniorv03 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:13 am

GREAT WORTH THE 6 MONTH WAIT ^_^ :unhoodedkenny: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :tp: :frozenkenny: :cartmancop: :tweek: :chaos: :craig:
Duan Tian Ru

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:21 am

Hmmm... you guys might be going somewhere with Butters being able to or not being able to shoot someone... I'm still not quite sure.

You guys- you know who Butter's morality reminds me of? JOE YOUNG from Orgazmo. haha, He totally wouldn't shoot anyone, but when he discovered that the orgazmorator or whatever the hell it was called could save his gf, then he was all for violence.... Is this the same complex for Butters? ... probably. I mean, I agree that it's out of character for him to shoot, but seeing as Cartman, as influential as he is, was the cause, I do see Butters doing it. I just couldn't believe it was a real gun, I thought it was a BB gun.

Shane; I guess you're right about the discussion of "is there a new wave of SP haters", there have always been haters and lovers, lol, I can't believe I never thought of it that way... I mean I've always known that fans, like you and I, can over analyze episodes (oops! :-p) but that's why we're here, and I 100% agree with you, "...that means is that positive/negative feedback does get back to them in general terms. That means that if we consider ourselves to be good fans, we should be honest about how we feel..."

I guess we'll have to sit tight for the rest of the season.... I'm excited, regardless. :D (I know that most new episodes have a lot of feedback but maybe this episode had sooo much anticipation that, you know it was a real make or break kind of thing for a lot of fans.... I can't believe LawrenceTaylor freaked out on us though... kind of weak.... :? )
I still remember his oft repeated pronouncement that a man needed a Japanese wife, Chinese food and Scotch whiskey to have a perfect life.

-Martha Nemes Fried
NGC6144

Postby NGC6144 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:30 am

nall wrote:Now airing on the east coast.

Really good episode; Lucas and Spielberg raping Indiana Jones is too much and the storm trooper at the end was hell-a-hilarious. Too bad there wasn't room for another movie rape spoof... "Calvaire." Or, they could have combine the one from the Jodie Foster scene of Indie being raped on the pinball machine while all the other male patrons in the bar are doing the "penguin" dance, waiting to take their turn. A good return Trey and Matt.
Duan Tian Ru

And one more thing...

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 am

THANK YOU SOUTH PARK FOR POSTING THE BRAND NEW EPISODE ON THE INTERNET!!!!

I don't have cable, and I thought I'd have to wait like weeks to watch the new episode like we did earlier in the year, so the fact that you guys put up the episode online last night for all the poor people of the world makes you guys super awesome, :D , THAAAAANK YOUUUUU SOUTH PARK!

You guys are too good to your fans.

:( Too bad there's no SP apps for my cell phone though, hint hint. :cry: (who tf has an iPhone? I know like two people that have an iPhone, and they're like, loaded. *crosses fingers to win $10,000 cult of Cartman quiz so she can buy an iphone and then pay back sallie mae*) :lol:
I still remember his oft repeated pronouncement that a man needed a Japanese wife, Chinese food and Scotch whiskey to have a perfect life.

-Martha Nemes Fried
voodoopoison

Postby voodoopoison » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 am

lol.

I didn't understand the whole raping thing til I read the forums. Awesome episode non-the-less. Can't wait for new ones!! :assface:
Caution: Blonde Thinking
bmxride2828

Postby bmxride2828 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 am

The China Probrem is the funniest episode I have seen in a long time. The End.
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
soulbringer9

Postby soulbringer9 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:28 am

I just have to say this is one of worst episodes this season so far. It is right up there with the Brittney episode. The writer of the episode needs to be shot in the dick for this one. :!:

Yes, I saw the references of the accused and Deliverance, but who got past the first scene in Deliverance? BTW I liked the the new Indiana jones flick. I am with butters in this one. Canada on Strike and Major Boobage were way more hilarious. God six months of wait for garbage....

Lucas going to sue someone....(my reference from Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back) :zombiekenny:
Last edited by soulbringer9 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi77

Postby Yogi77 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:30 am

There's been talk that SP has been going to end for a long time based on the fact hat M&T are running out of ideas, even around S10, so all you haters that bitch and moan about episodes, just be happy the show's still around. I'd like to see you all make 12 seasons of a show and not run over same ground, or have trouble comin' up with ideas. It makes sense how they would be mostly using current events for material now. :timmy:

As for The China Problem, I thought it was a quality episode. The more you repeat something the more it's funny such as the third time butters shot a guy in the dick and cartman's response was priceless. Keep up the hilarity guys.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:46 am

I actually disagree with that above statement-- the first time Butters did it was funny; the second and third times, not so much. Same with the Indy rape scenes, although the references to Deliverance and The Accused saved them.

All and all, I loved it and it made quite the strong opener. Call me a fangirl, but the best part had to be the part when Stan and Kyle hugged and were all "I love you too"... that made it for me. The Eric/Butters scene at Chang's was full of awesome as well, and I have to say, the other scene that made it was when they walked in on Spielburg and Lucas raping the storm trooper. Nice to see Matt and Trey share my opinion on their recent films as of late.

Keep up the good work, you two. (:
Illegitimi non carborundum.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:20 pm

By the way, did anyone else see a single frame glitch on the episode's first airing during Stan's version of Indy's violation? It's not showing up online and of course, I didn't record it. :roll:

PS: I don't think it's Butters' fault. I think the problem is that the bullets in Cartman's gun are gay, and really, really want penis.

PPS: :o I just noticed that the South Park Police have a whole new fleet of Interceptors! Nice going animation dept.! Image
Last edited by BRMBug on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrsJoeJonas

Postby MrsJoeJonas » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:42 pm

I think all of the rape seens were gross and unnecessary. It would've been better if they just showed Lucas and Speilberg cornering them instead of the whole thing...

The whole episode I didn't like very much, the whole P.F. Chang's thing got tired as soon as they started making them go against the wall.

Certainly not my favorite...
cococat678

Postby cococat678 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 pm

That episode was one of the worst I've ever seen the only part that was slightly funny was when butters shot people in the d**k ugh season 11 was way better than 12 so far. :( :unhoodedkenny:
Nerys

Postby Nerys » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Brilliant :D
Not as funny as usual, but the moral statement was excellent in my opinion

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”