*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:41 am

soong wrote:harro prease

sucky-sucky?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:56 am

oysterhead wrote:BEST EPISODE EVER
Lay off the "hate-er-ade" people. Just relax and enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Please.
I'm sure M & T would really LOVE to be doing something else with their time than trying to please you. Keep on bitching and see how long SP lasts.
Critique on, but please, stop the geeky whining. Remember...we're watching history.
SP will be off the air very soon. Relish every episode while you can.
Just keep that in mind. Soon we'll be left with nothing but American Dad & Family Guy.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo............

South Park is going to have at least fifteen seasons, so fair chances are that they will outlast AD and FG.

@JakeL: A fridge couldn't stand the shockwave and other forces, and IJ should have died. It was just a really bad scene.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Duan Tian Ru

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 am

BRMBug wrote:

sucky-sucky?

Oh she don't need to eat, she a dericate ri-er frower.
I still remember his oft repeated pronouncement that a man needed a Japanese wife, Chinese food and Scotch whiskey to have a perfect life.

-Martha Nemes Fried
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:03 am

oysterhead wrote:BEST EPISODE EVER
I'm sure M & T would really LOVE to be doing something else with their time than trying to please you. Keep on bitching and see how long SP lasts.

yes, woundn't SP be great without criticism?!?! either from fans or their own.. it would be so cute! i could let my children watch it and i will invite my grandma' to watch too.. and that would last forever.. thanks for the enlightment.

oysterhead wrote:Critique on, but please, stop the geeky whining. Remember...we're watching history.

an episode with no one to "whine" about smth would be the beginning of the end for SP. Interesting though how people complain/whine about this episode at same time as Kyle, Stan & Co complain about Indiana Jones.. while Butters sees nothing wrong with it.. i said it earlier in the thread,
Quintuplets_Father wrote:OMG!!! They raped Cartman!??!?!?
'cause i feel like Cartman is the Indiana Jones of this episode.

if this is not premeditated by the authors, then i think the episode is alot poorer..
and btw: i broke the dam...
themanthecartman

Postby themanthecartman » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:27 am

Funny as episode, i liked it 8/10
Favourite Character: Cartman
Favourite Episode: Child Abduction Is Not Funny OR The Jeffersons
soulbringer9

Postby soulbringer9 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:25 am

Stan_is_mine wrote:
AprilThomas wrote::cartmanko'd: Was Trey sick during the making of this? Cartman didn't sound right. Perhaps he had a throat infection and that's why they decided just to have everyone cry the whole episode. I'm not one to list favorites or least favorites cause I always think there is a gray area but I'd be comfortable saying this is the worst episode they have made. This whole season is pretty bad. I have been an avid SP fan since the beginning. Its a shame to see them getting lazy. Maybe its just writers block. Thats totally forgivable. But if this slew of bad episodes is really the best they can do right now than its best to throw in the towlie before SP goes completely sour. Pull it together guys! I'm routing for you!

Well, I wouldn't say that the whole season was bad. I mean, I really liked Major Boobage, Eek! A Penis!, and almost all the other episodes. I just think that they're probably getting a little lazy, or they're just getting used to it again or something? That's my excuse for them. I just hope to Trey that the next episode will be better.

No, They are raping SP with all the CGI effects and not worrying about the plot.....

:santa:
Goatrider

Postby Goatrider » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:52 am

Well, they finally did it. They raped SP... by making Cartman say: "I'm serious."

We all know the real Eric Cartman would never say that, just like Indiana would never hide inside a fridge. The real Cartman would say "I'm seriously."

Therefore SP has been raped... up the a hole
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Wow, this thread is sure operating on a 7-70 mindset. I think that the exaggerated reaction of the boys and the DA to Indiana's rape was part of the joke. Sure, the movie was pretty bad, but who cares. It seems Trey and Stone were half criticizing the movie's quality and half mocking people for their reaction. Otherwise, it's just silly.

But, unlike the boys, Matt and Trey grew up with Indiana Jones as their idol. There weren't a lot of good characters to pick from twenty years ago, so I'm guessing seeing their hero fall from grace was quite a blow. I think that's the reason some people are so upset with the different quality of current episodes - eleven years ago, South Park was the most outrageous show on TV. Kids cursing? Elephant/pig sex? People dying and coming back the following episode? That's impossible. And it helped open the path to other shows, some not quite good, like Family Guy, American Dad, Drawn Together, and most of Cartoon Network's adult swim programming. Some people take that blow pretty hard.

But, if we don't really care, there's not much of a problem. Sure, Crystal Skull wasn't as good, and this latest season has been missing a bit, but who cares. It's not like our lives revolve around it anymore... it's just a show/movie. At least this episode didn't involve offensive political propaganda.
This is not a sig.
Spoodey

Postby Spoodey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:40 pm

The only thing funny about this episode was cartman and butters acting chinese.
Rape scenes were almost funny, but south park has really lost it's charm with the more realistic graphics.

Add to that how many of the scenes just seem forced in some way, and viola, a crappy episode.
Most of season 12 have been M&T raping south park imo.

Just my 2 cents. M&T say they listen to the fans, so it's obvious to me that those who liked the old south park style, and hate the new one, would try and get the old style back.
Doesn't that make any sense to all of you who complain about all the "whiners" in here? It's called feedback, M&T decide them selves if they want to listen to it or not, at least it's here for them to read.

"If you don't like, DONT WATCH IT."
I have to watch it to be able to know if I like it or not you idiot.

:santa: :timmy: :unhoodedkenny:
(Still have my hopes up for the next episode!)
clyde frog

Postby clyde frog » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 pm

i guess i'm uptight but graphic rape scenes are not funny to me. the dick shooting and chinese stuff was good though.
Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:56 pm

I thought the ep was pretty good - not fantastic, but I liked it.

I preferred the Cartman/China plot over the rape plot, personally, I think the whole rape thing got a little old. Even though I did think the boy's overreactions were funny sometimes, haha.

And sorry if this has already been answered (My computer is running super slow so I didn't wanna go through all the pages), what happened to this ep supposedly being 1 hour long? :?:
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:05 pm

BRMBug wrote:

sucky-sucky?

Five Darrah!
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:07 pm

My theory is this:
If you noticed, each plot in this episode, of expanded, would have been typical South Park episodes. You have the crazy Cartman story with, if expanded on, a likely conspiracy. Very common. The second, pop culture references mixed with seriousness(In this case overblown seriousness), also a common thread.
So, it seems like they may have had an idea for a two parter, each story having been expanded upon to fill the time. It would have been a bad idea: Each plot was already stretched to the breaking point.

Anyways, I liked the episode but upon further examination it seems more like an 8/10 than a 9/10.

FIVE DARRAH SOLDIER BOY!
That's how it's down here on the farm!
mentlblur@yahoo.com

Postby mentlblur@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I have been going through and watching every episode, and I must say that I am shocked that the true South Park fans find this episode funny. It was Matt & Trey who were raping their own South Park. Who ever is doing Cartman's voice needs some lessons, and his character was totally LAME in this episode. You can see and hear the difference from the previous episode to this one. WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED???
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I can understand criticisms of this episode, as it certainly seems they needlessly re-crossed some well-trod territory, but I would like to point out how everyone here who wrote that Matt and Trey have raped South Park this episode are practicing bad form. You can't use a joke from an episode you hate to explain how much you hate the episode. To me, that's like some guy saying, "Man, those are some racist n*ggers!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”