*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ned15

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm

three11herb wrote:Ok I guess I should be the first to say this, the episode was OK, funny but not great. I completely agree with the creators on the Indiana Jones reference but the whole Cartman Butters side story wasn't drawn out enough. This episode mostly focused on shock value rather than a cohesive story. The whole point about South Park is these very intelligent kids (minus Butters) surrounded by adults who are just crazy and there just wasn't enough of it.

i agree, i thought the show had some pretty funny parts, but it wasn't amazing. i liked it though and i thought it had some good parts, but they definitely should have done more w/ cartman and butters since they're my favorite pair. overall i thought it was pretty good though (cartmans and butters outfits were hilarious :lol: )
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
looknclick

Postby looknclick » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:41 pm

You know what this episode reminded me:

Last years of Elvis in Vegas:

D4mned

Postby D4mned » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 pm

dude,
dude,
that was the most f**king awesome episode ever.. (exept for major boobage). The Indiana Jones movie really sucked, but how did you come up with the idea of making an episode out of it? Freaking awesome ("You don't shoot a guy in the dick Butters, that's not cool." <-- :lol: ). By the way, when is the next episode coming out?

awesome.. :mrgreen:
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 pm

i think next wednesday. yea, i love that whole scene where cartman is telling butters not to shoot a guy in the dick and butters is all upset. :lol: their outfits were pretty good too.
eames
southparkmaster777

Postby southparkmaster777 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:50 pm

i live in Little Neck, NY. It is infested with Chinese and Korean people here. I loved the episode. The Indiana Jones message was also great. Lucas and Speilberg really did rape him. I thought it was one of the best episodes yet because the majority in my city are either Chinese or Korean....
Cartman kicks ass!!!
Indica

Postby Indica » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 pm

I don't even know what to write...

ok "The Accused" and "Deliverance" ref's were really funny.

What happened to the rest of the show?!?!?

Crying and P.F. Chang's.....

Worse than "A Million Little Fibers"

I still enjoyed myself, but WTF???

Did you guys write the whole story plot for this episode between taking a dump and flushing the toilet?

Were you too busy vacationing somewhere???

Where was the story structure that you make fun of "Family Guy" for not employing????
Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:54 pm

oh my gosh, same here! there are so many chinese people in my town and more come every year. it's kinda scary when you think about it. i absolutely love the rape of indie because the ending of the movie sucked. aliens? no, that's just wrong! :evil: i liked butters at the end when he was all like "huh, i thought the movie was really good" :lol: awww butters, so naive.
eames
Namel

Capitan Obvious - to the Rescue!

Postby Namel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 pm

! Politics Alert !

For Those who don't get the idea of the episode:

America likes to see itself as the ONLY superpower in the world, and when other countries like China (and Russia) start to get powerful, it sees them as a threat and starts to demonize them, shouting about things they don't care about. Like "Human rights!! Democracyyy!!! Pollution! Tibet!!!! Darfur!! COMMIES!!!!!!111", without noticing that it only makes them loose their dignity (like "a nation of unethical dick-shooters"(c)).

That's what (I think) Matt and Tray were trying to say.
(A view of a european. :))

Anyway, great episode, I didn't see new Indiana Johnes movie (and probably not gonna now :)), but still found this extreme exaggeration funny. :)
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:45 pm

the new indiana jones movie isn't that bad. it just has a terrible ending that makes no sense, i mean, who puts aliens in an indiana jones movie?
eames
Aids Burger

Postby Aids Burger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Overall I thought the China Probrem was a pretty good episode. I am not a writer, so I really have no right to criticize anyone, but after watching this I thought it could have been made better by tweaking some things. For instance, I think it would have been a nice effect to actually see Cartman whip out a sharpie and draw those glasses on Butters face. And what’s with the new pajamas? Those old bear jammies just look so funny on a rotten kid like Cartman, and these new striped ones are just plain boring to look at. And as some people here have already expressed, the repeating of jokes is getting really annoying. I don’t know why he keeps doing that because it’s not funny at all. My favorite part of this episode was the Deliverance scene, made funnier when my husband ripped a loud fart because he was laughing so hard. And it’s always refreshing to see Jimmy because he’s my favorite cartoon retard!

I saw this show for the very first time at a cousin’s house on Christmas Eve 97. I have LOVED it ever since. I do agree with everyone who says it’s not as funny as it used to be, especially Season 12, but I won’t stop watching it quite yet. My only hope is that it won’t go down in flames because it deserves so much better than that. Just like the last Indiana Jones flick.
ShaneHaughey

Re: Capitan Obvious - to the Rescue!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Namel wrote:! Politics Alert !

America likes to see itself as the ONLY superpower in the world, and when other countries like China (and Russia) start to get powerful, it sees them as a threat and starts to demonize them, shouting about things they don't care about. Like "Human rights!! Democracyyy!!! Pollution! Tibet!!!! Darfur!! COMMIES!!!!!!111", without noticing that it only makes them loose their dignity (like "a nation of unethical dick-shooters"(c)).

Yeah, I think that was pretty obvious.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
chuchunezbie

Postby chuchunezbie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:04 pm

dont bother. it's awful!
aKSel-Reggy

Postby aKSel-Reggy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Cool episode! Butters and Cartman are cool!!! :D :D :D :chaos:
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players
BirdZapper

Postby BirdZapper » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Oh man... that was kinda traumatizing seeing Indy getting raped over and over again. But that's actually what Lucas and Spielbergh have done. For me the real Indiana rode to the sunset and never came back. Even though it was kinda funny yeah. I actually laughed quite a lot. :chaos:
Hey btw, has there been any progress on getting the episodes work in Scandinavia yet?
looknclick

Re: Capitan Obvious - to the Rescue!

Postby looknclick » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Namel wrote:! Politics Alert !

America likes to see itself as the ONLY superpower in the world, and when other countries like China (and Russia) start to get powerful blah blah blah..

Can't get ova that America don't belong to England no mo?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”