*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:19 pm

I got what I expected out of this episode. It was amusing enough. That's all. I didn't expect it to be genius or life-changing. It was decent amusement.

This season of SP is nowhere near as funny as the earlier ones were to me, but I'm not requiring that it be. As I said before, nothing as red-hot as SP once was can remain that way indefinitely.

I still believe, however, that Matt & Trey still have some great episodes left to produce. It didn't happen this week - maybe next week we'll see some of that old SP magic.
Kylesucks

Postby Kylesucks » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Totally agree with CartmanMills. I hope Trey and Matt understand this soon. Rather having a fun episode than a episode who only mocks the indiana jones movie and the chinese... and thats about the whole episode.
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:46 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:i waited how many months for this?

i don't know if the episode's point was throwing random things together to stab at Family guy, or to make the episode viewers' minds align with Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Clyde and Jimmy in 'pretending' we didn't see it.

I didn't see the new Indie, and the rape thing might've been funny if I did, but...the main story with Cartman/Butters was very lack of plot, and held together with dick shooting.

Or was it supposed to be Matt/Trey raping South Park?

I'm confused right now, very confused and this goes on the list with Million Little fibers. Guess this'll be that episode I completely ignore come Season 12 DVD.

After thought: Lucas/Speiberg died in "Free Hat", how did they come back, then again, Steve Irwin had a plot hole between Prehistoric Iceman and Hell on Earth.

I totally agree. The first thing that came to mind after watching the episode was, "Did I just watch an episode of Family Guy?" And I did see the new Indiana Jones, I don't think it was THAT bad but even if I did, the joke was still really stupid. The shooting people in the dick joke got old REALLY REALLY fast. I think this is one of the worst of the season.
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:52 pm

That-Is-Bull wrote:First time I didn't laugh once during an entire South Park episode. That was horrible. I've seen every episode of SP multiple times (except Jared Has Aides) and this is the first one to not have a likable moment.

IMO, anyway.

edit: I take that back, Cartman and Butters acting Chinese was funny. Rest of the episode was horrible though.

I agree.
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
DICKSHOOTER

Postby DICKSHOOTER » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Dude did Kenny die in this one???? I don't think he did!!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 am

Matt and Trey must've loved that movie to give it this much free advertising :p That they decided to make another episode about Indy makes as little sense as the fridge scene. The Cartman Vs. China premise had huge potential but it wasn't as fully achieved as I'd have liked. The two plot threads loosly bound their way together, but i could envisage better endings. Free Hats looked at this topic masterfully and I think it was a huge mistake to re-visit it, and a cop out from originality. The show really seems to have changed over the years; it's still funny as hell, perhaps funnier than it ever was, but it's lost a lot of it's charm in going from a show where strange things happen but people treat it normal to a show about normal things being over-reacted to. That isn't a criticism of this episode in partiular, i just noticed the change very clearly here. Got my dose of crybabby clyde moments from it though (:
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
AmishMafioso

Postby AmishMafioso » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 am

Can anyone tell me the movie or TV referred to by the first rape scene? No one seems to know. The second was The Accused and the third was Deliverance.

This is part of what I enjoy about South Park, stuff you have to go back and look at a second time to see if they really did that. That is why DVR is man's greatest invention.
lolwat

Postby lolwat » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 am

waiting for and then actually watching episode 1208 was the equivalent of opening a gift on your birthday to find that it's a lame pair of socks.
Ontaco

Postby Ontaco » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 am

THAT WAS SOOOO FUNNY!!!! I will begin with the Indiana Jones part. At first i was not sure who got raped. I thought maybe butters, or another character that we knew but never knew that this happened to. But to see Indiana Jones being the one who was raped was SOOO funny. Next I want to talk about the China plot. When butters shot the guy in the balls i expected that Cartman would laugh and be himself, instead he yells at butters. That made the episode soo much funnier. Well, that my opinion. Overall great episode.
What...

What...

WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT!!!
chuey209

Postby chuey209 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:30 am

this person mustve been high during this episode...
Ontaco

Postby Ontaco » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:34 am

chuey209 wrote:this person mustve been high during this episode...

Ok, well maybe that i sayed was a bit of an overexadgeration, But there were some funny parts. I dont think i can say it was a horrible episode, but there has been better. Also i was not high when i view the episode, i was just excited to see it. It was good but not great, and there were good funny moments.
What...

What...

WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT!!!

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:56 am

I really didn't like this episode. Overall i would give it a 6/10, but Butters shooting the guys dick was funny. But raping indy was really messed up. :?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
ned15

Postby ned15 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:32 am

i thought the idea of raping indy was funny, but the actual shots of it was really creepy :shock: i think i lost my childhood innocence yesterday because of that :lol: other than that i liked the episode and would give it somewhere between a 8 and a 9.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
Stan_is_mine

Postby Stan_is_mine » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 am

This is episode...-sigh- Well, I'd have to say that it was really funny in the beginning and i totally fangirl squealed when Stan and Kyle said they loved each other. And the raping Indy and dickshooting was really funny...But after a while it got old. I mean, seriously, very graphic, eh? But as the second rape scene came in, it just kind of fell apart. I mean, it had its little laughing moments but I was highly disappointed.

And the whole Cartman vs. China did have great potential, I agree with whoever said that before me. I was expecting it to actually be true and everything. Because when you see Cartman do those types of things, at the end it usually shows it actually happening. I was waiting for the Chinese dude to go on his cellphone and be like, 'They know.' Or something. But no.

The episode had almost no plot and the two versions of the episode didnt even connect well. I think this was probably one of the worst five episodes of South Park ever made. Of course I still love the show, I'm one of the most hardcore fans out there, but Matt and Trey...You can do so much better.
Religion: South Parkism.
God(s): Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
Savior(s): Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Kenny McCormick, and Kyle Broflovski.

Yeah, I'm that obsessed. Deal.
(Cult of Cartman member!)
AprilThomas

Postby AprilThomas » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:05 am

:cartmanko'd: Was Trey sick during the making of this? Cartman didn't sound right. Perhaps he had a throat infection and that's why they decided just to have everyone cry the whole episode. I'm not one to list favorites or least favorites cause I always think there is a gray area but I'd be comfortable saying this is the worst episode they have made. This whole season is pretty bad. I have been an avid SP fan since the beginning. Its a shame to see them getting lazy. Maybe its just writers block. Thats totally forgivable. But if this slew of bad episodes is really the best they can do right now than its best to throw in the towlie before SP goes completely sour. Pull it together guys! I'm routing for you!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”