*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stan_is_mine

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stan_is_mine » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 am

AprilThomas wrote::cartmanko'd: Was Trey sick during the making of this? Cartman didn't sound right. Perhaps he had a throat infection and that's why they decided just to have everyone cry the whole episode. I'm not one to list favorites or least favorites cause I always think there is a gray area but I'd be comfortable saying this is the worst episode they have made. This whole season is pretty bad. I have been an avid SP fan since the beginning. Its a shame to see them getting lazy. Maybe its just writers block. Thats totally forgivable. But if this slew of bad episodes is really the best they can do right now than its best to throw in the towlie before SP goes completely sour. Pull it together guys! I'm routing for you!

Well, I wouldn't say that the whole season was bad. I mean, I really liked Major Boobage, Eek! A Penis!, and almost all the other episodes. I just think that they're probably getting a little lazy, or they're just getting used to it again or something? That's my excuse for them. I just hope to Trey that the next episode will be better.
Religion: South Parkism.
God(s): Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
Savior(s): Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Kenny McCormick, and Kyle Broflovski.

Yeah, I'm that obsessed. Deal.
(Cult of Cartman member!)
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:20 am

So yeah, I liked this one. It was ridiculous but I couldn’t help but lol, even if it was at poor Indianan Jones’s expense…you know I totally wasn’t expecting that. I thought it was going to be, like, Butters or someone. Good to see they’re not being predictable. :P

The thing with Cartman and his conspiracy theories about China were pretty amusing, although it is pretty paculier for an 8-year-old to have dreams about China, but oh well. :P

So yeah, the episode itself was pretty good. I’m giving it 8/10.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
NGC6144

Postby NGC6144 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:24 am

[quote="AprilThomas"]:cartmanko'd: Was Trey sick during the making of this? Cartman didn't sound right. Perhaps he had a throat infection and that's why they decided just to have everyone cry the whole episode.

I noticed that too and have before once or twice in past episodes. Since they're noted for producing episodes just before air, perhaps this is the result of a production rush and Cartman's voice timbre wasn't ideally "tuned" in post production as normal.
drugrep

Postby drugrep » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:21 am

Loved the reference to the Revolting Cocks song "Beers, Steers, and Queers". If readers unfamiliar go seek out this song, that came from a particular mix of the song.

The whole part where Lucas told Indy to drop them pants and squeal like a pig.
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:41 am

The episode was somewhat decent. I liked the Indy storyline, and the Cartman and Butters storyline went well until the end, where it just seemed to end extremely abruptly and it sort of caught me off guard. The Cartman and Butters storyline had a good plot and some good jokes, but it just seemed to have a badly written summary. It also put me off how the joke about Butters shooting somebody in the balls was similar to jokes I've seen on Family Guy. I like family guy (except for the 2 new seasons), but it was just odd.

I really liked the storyline about Indy, there wasn't too much depth to it, but it was funny, and the rape scenes were f***ing hilarious. I'd see the scenes with Indy were funny enough for me to get over the 7/10ish plot with Cartman and Butters and overall give the episode an 8/10.

Season 12 is decent so far. Not the best, but if you always expect the best you're almost never going to be happy with what you get.
YouBastards!

The Worst Episode to date?

Postby YouBastards! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:49 am

OK so this was by far my least favorite episode yet. That's not saying a lot, I haven't seen any aside from this one that I didn't like. I just didn't find this very funny. Then again I never saw the new indiana jones... :timmy:
I liked how they burned on how bad the movie was, but then again the way they structured the episode was terrible. They had 2 big jokes (china, and jones) but there was little intermediate humour. Just a bunch of disgusting rape scenes. :stanpuke:
Would've been ok if they squeezed a few more random jokes but in truth it was just repetative (like butters shooting people in the nuts over and over, or everyone crying because they witnessed rape, over and over).
Overall a nice set of jokes, just used in the wrong way. My biggest regret is that it could've been so much better!

Sorry to burn on your work, but I couldn't just sit there, I couldn't go on with life until they knew... :cartmancry:

Keep it up guys, I'm sure the next one will be the best ever!
:cartmanevillaugh:
oysterhead

Postby oysterhead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:51 am

BEST EPISODE EVER
Lay off the "hate-er-ade" people. Just relax and enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Please.
I'm sure M & T would really LOVE to be doing something else with their time than trying to please you. Keep on bitching and see how long SP lasts.
Critique on, but please, stop the geeky whining. Remember...we're watching history.
SP will be off the air very soon. Relish every episode while you can.
Just keep that in mind. Soon we'll be left with nothing but American Dad & Family Guy.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo............
Jace23

Postby Jace23 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 am

I don't think their ideas are bad, they come up with some great plots, I think the problem is that they have to spend more time coming up with the ideas now after doing the show for so long that they don't have enough time left after to come up with a complete storyline to go with the plots. If that is the case which I think it is most likely, hopefully they can find a better flow for the situation they're dealing with now, and until then I will give them my support and remain patient. :D
FranklinOR

Postby FranklinOR » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:17 am

yeah, we get it - stone/parker don't care for lucas/spielberg. episode fodder? not really. weak episode all-around. i say this as a loyal fan who realizes they set the bar high every season. just when it seems like it is going to run out of steam (like the last episode) they pull a scott tennermen (sp?).

so, though 1208 was awful, i'll still be there for 12xx and hopefully 13.
Kenstar

Postby Kenstar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:21 am

The epiode was basically saying that steven and george raped indiana jones the movie because it was so terrible. Anyone else notice the irony in this? So far this season has been absolutely aweful its as if Matt and Trey are raping south park. Please, bring back the season 3-10 style?
It's a mans obligation to stick his boneration in a womans seperation to increase the population of the future generation if you would like a demonstration Lie down!
JakeL

Postby JakeL » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 am

I wonder what's wrong with Indiana Jones in a refrigerator (what Jimmy says in The Chine Problem)???
It's physics... gamma ray cannot penetrate a lead wall...
maxman1812

Postby maxman1812 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:59 am

Yes Season 12 is virtually complete sh*t. This last episode was the same two jokes for 20-some odd minutes and yes, they need to STAY AWAY from 3-D animation. In my opinion the earlier seasons were better because of the simplistic animation and the kids actually acted innocent, like kids. They act more like late teens/early 20s now. But, that's not to say that I hate South Park. I find it completely hilarious that people say that those of us who post criticism aren't "devoted" fans. I've seen the original airing of every episode (except 3) for the past 9 years now and own every season and I'll probably end up buying this season despite not enjoying it as much (better than Family Guy still...). There's a difference between devoted and blind and if you can say that "The China Problem" can hold a candle to "Scott Tenorman Must Die", "I'm a Little Bit Country", "Cat Orgy", "Canceled", "My Future Self and Me", or even just recently: "The List", you ARE just blind. Point being, what makes us devoted is the fact that we hate this new episode because we know that South Park is capable of so much more. Those who say every single episode of South Park that is made is flawlessly hilarious are just posers who really are just going along with whatever crap is pumped out because they can say "Hey look I'm 12 and I'm watching adult programming". Hopefully the episodes will get better, otherwise I can't wait til the end of the 15th season so I can finally stop watching my favorite show kill itself. PLEASE PLEASE STOP SELLING OUT AND TRYING TO GO FOR SHOCK VALUE!!!!
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:22 am

The Family Guy Bashing is un-called for Goddammit!!!!! :cartmansopissedrightnow:. However, I do agree with the above poster on how it was better when they acted like Kids and I don't like it when they stretch out the same jokes through the whole episode, but I did enjoy the newest episode, (For Once) and hopefully they can keep up the funniness with how they are now because I'm pretty sure they aren't switching back to how it was back in the older episodes.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
angryseaweed

Postby angryseaweed » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:24 am

Kobb wrote:Season 12 is decent so far. Not the best, but if you always expect the best you're almost never going to be happy with what you get.

^^^^ What he said...

I also think the episode could have a little more exciting, but it's not like it falls short of other SP episodes. I'm just happy to have SP back again!!
soong

Postby soong » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:30 am

harro prease
may driving down the wrong side of the road lead you to the right path

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”