*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

superiorsavior

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:59 am

Forget the goth kids, butters is the world's greatest nonconformist D:
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
LugiSmash

Postby LugiSmash » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:12 am

I didn't like this episode.The only parts that made me laugh when butters was in flashbacks, and shoot in the dick 1st time.

I didnt like it much,I want better episodes.I ll just wait Wens.

:?
FOR PEOPLE:
There aren't stupid answers,there just stupid people

FOR NEWBS.
NO lol googlis questionz stuff but youzelf lol
FBX

Postby FBX » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:38 am

I registered just to say this:

Please don't make episodes like this. This was nothing but middle school shock humor, and its poorly done. South Park is funny when its smart, not when its about trying to shock you.

Also, please stop with episodes that result in everyone taking something too seriously and over-reacting. And quit giving Cartman a gun, its so f*cking stupid.

Not to be a negative nancy, I liked all the episodes this season except for 'Eek, a Penis!', this one episode just was very season 10ish and I look forward to next week's episode.

The animators for the rape scenes should go to Guitar Queer-O and skip to 20:50 to see my message for them :)
ReiZoo21

Postby ReiZoo21 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:41 am

Trey and Matt awesome job on this episode LMAO. but way to much detail with the rape scene. Freaking made me want to throw up. Still, Awesome job.
Truder

Postby Truder » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:59 am

I used to love this show. For a while SP was something that brought a lot of joy to my family. A good guilt free laugh is like medicine for a tired soul or a long week. More and more I see a trend of taking the horrible and inhumane and turning into something to laugh at. I'm worried that the end result will be more desensitized and corrupt people with no moral boundaries. Please think about this. Should the idea of a young preeteen child jerking off a dog till it came in its mouth or a young preeteen being sodomized by a machine be the subject material for a comedy? We all know the endless examples and Im as guilty as anyone else for watching it and laughing. Over the years though I just feel guilty and sick watching this. I dont even have any kids yet. Maybe the writers are given talking points like torture, rape, pedophilia, and beastiality, and then perhaps told to make a SP comedy involving it. I dont know. All I know is that there is something sort of dehumanizing about all of this. Why am I here? Yesterday I was told that the last episode was actually a "good" one. Yet I watch it and here's Indiana Jones getting literally raped on tv. I've never been raped before but I would imagine how I'd feel after watching something like this thinking, wtf is this supposed to be comedy? I got an idea for a next episode: how about we have parents being interogated by having their babies sexualy tortured and call it comedy?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 am

Truder wrote:I got an idea for a next episode: how about we have parents being interogated by having their babies sexualy tortured and call it comedy?

nice one! do you mind if i propose it in the episode speculation section?

dude seriously, could you be any more dramatic right now? i have always considered that south park isnt for any person to watch, people who are too sensitive or get easily shocked should probably stay away from it, but i dont think south park should be cancelled for them, there are plenty of people who found the stuff you mentioned perfectly funny, who are you to tell them its not?

the only thing i would say that concerns me at times is the idea of anyone under say 12 or something like that watching it, its a bit to young then i think, but whatever, everyone matures at their own time

if you dont find the shock and crude stuff funny then fine, go watch friends or the simpsons, dont bitch about it here, cause we are obviously here cause we find the show funny

and im certainly not watching the show for it to teach me moral values and stuff like that, i prefer learning that from the people that surround me and by living life thank you very much
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:48 am

Truder wrote:I used to love this show. For a while SP was something that brought a lot of joy to my family. A good guilt free laugh is like medicine for a tired soul or a long week. More and more I see a trend of taking the horrible and inhumane and turning into something to laugh at. I'm worried that the end result will be more desensitized and corrupt people with no moral boundaries. Please think about this. Should the idea of a young preeteen child jerking off a dog till it came in its mouth or a young preeteen being sodomized by a machine be the subject material for a comedy? We all know the endless examples and Im as guilty as anyone else for watching it and laughing. Over the years though I just feel guilty and sick watching this. I dont even have any kids yet. Maybe the writers are given talking points like torture, rape, pedophilia, and beastiality, and then perhaps told to make a SP comedy involving it. I dont know. All I know is that there is something sort of dehumanizing about all of this. Why am I here? Yesterday I was told that the last episode was actually a "good" one. Yet I watch it and here's Indiana Jones getting literally raped on tv. I've never been raped before but I would imagine how I'd feel after watching something like this thinking, wtf is this supposed to be comedy? I got an idea for a next episode: how about we have parents being interogated by having their babies sexualy tortured and call it comedy?

1- The Indie rape scenes were ALL parodies of movies that had rape scenes, basically shot by shot. People who know film would get the joke, and people who have seen the movies will get them. Plus, the other joke is that Indiana Jones is a fictional character and that by screwing up the franchise with IJ:TCS they have raped your memories of him.
2- When was South Park guilt free? Was it when young preteen kids yelled curses at aliens? When one of the kids was killed every week? When a piece of sh*t is a valued member of Christmas? When one of the "mothers" was a hermaphrodite?
South Park has never been guilt free. Ever.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:1- The Indie rape scenes were ALL parodies of movies that had rape scenes, basically shot by shot. People who know film would get the joke, and people who have seen the movies will get them. Plus, the other joke is that Indiana Jones is a fictional character and that by screwing up the franchise with IJ:TCS they have raped your memories of him.

Those parodies are the only justification they have for showing three rape scenes, which is unfortunate. One rape scene was enough for me, but no, they had to DRILL it into you AGAIN AND AGAIN!

But seriously, once was quite enough. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:03 am

I only liked the first one as well and I do agree that the second and third weren't too funny, but the jokes still exist. He thought the jokes was the rape itself, when the joke was the parody. He can not find it funny- but before, he sent a vibe that he didn't know what the jokes were.
FixXxeR01

Postby FixXxeR01 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 am

The ever ever sucking episode i've EVER seen. South Parkk's stupidity is going too far. As far, as we can EVER imagine. I hardly could wash out the vomit from my table. I'VE GOT RAPED BY THIS EPISODE!!!!!
* And I agree that South Park used to be funny and sarcastic. NOT just shocking and nothing else. Shame on you!
Last edited by FixXxeR01 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:24 am

FixXxeR01 wrote:The ever ever sucking episode i've EVER seen. South Parkk's stupidity is going too far. As far, as we can EVER imagine. I hardly could wash out the vomit from my table. I'VE GOT RAPED BY THIS EPISODE!!!!!

If we're going to judge countries by their comedy or game shows, then I guess Japan is retarded.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:34 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
FixXxeR01 wrote:The ever ever sucking episode i've EVER seen. South Parkk's stupidity is going too far. As far, as we can EVER imagine. I hardly could wash out the vomit from my table. I'VE GOT RAPED BY THIS EPISODE!!!!!

If we're going to judge countries by their comedy or game shows, then I guess Japan is retarded.

Pssst, don't even mention the anime...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Truder

Postby Truder » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 am

1- The Indie rape scenes were ALL parodies of movies that had rape scenes, basically shot by shot. People who know film would get the joke, and people who have seen the movies will get them. Plus, the other joke is that Indiana Jones is a fictional character and that by screwing up the franchise with IJ:TCS they have raped your memories of him.
2- When was South Park guilt free? Was it when young preteen kids yelled curses at aliens? When one of the kids was killed every week? When a piece of sh*t is a valued member of Christmas? When one of the "mothers" was a hermaphrodite?
South Park has never been guilt free. Ever.

It's not that I dont get it. Or that I'm even bitching nor did I even suggest the show to be cancled. Some cainite trash suggested that I said this which is false. If the show needs to go to such shocking lengths to say "indiana was raped" then I'm saying the show has gone from decent to corrupt as hell. I dont feel like dehumanizing myself for a laugh. I'll let the pieces fall where they may.
nolk

Postby nolk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:38 am

The rapes were realy grapic.. just they went to far with it. The part with cartman pretending to be chinese was pretty funny =)

hoping the next episode wont be so bad as this one. And not so dramatic about stupid little things :P that was funny at first but now it feels like the 20th episode with such nonsense.

worst episode ever :( i feel ive been raped by this epiode ( its been mentioned before by other people but this is the way i feel two ).
deano1985

Postby deano1985 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:23 am

I dont see why people have to argue over it on the forums, while someone might like this episode, they might not like another episode which most people like.

That's why it's good the shows varied now, it reaches different audiences, they still have their original outrageous episodes, but now also have episodes with an agenda behind them.

I think southpark is moving in the right direction.. you only have to look at the viewing figures and awards.

To sum up, people have different tastes, no point arguing about it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”