*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 pm

erlaci wrote:Look you guys, it looks like the show is definetly going to a new direction. It has been for a while. I dont think this episode will satisfy anyone who -including me- watched the series from its start, but like the things told in Imaginationland for some of us these characters have grown to our hearts. Surely Matt and Trey couldn't do anything else from this premise, because the show has to be moral, but I think making Cartman look like a total idiot is the raping of his character. I mean it was necessary in terms of plot, but "Seriously".
We have to decide if we want to hang on to this show, we have to live with the fact that it will never be like the beginning. Matt and Trey might be "South Park Conservatives" but the show isn't anymore.

This episode could be a pilot to a whole other show.

Besides that I liked that it brought back some older characters like the "Emo kids". I would give this episode +++++ out of +++++ if I was to look at it as someone who picked up the show recently, but I can only give a +++ old-timer rating.

Goddamnit, what is it with people like you trying to speak for the rest of us who have watched from the start?

Guess what? Wendy was a dangerous psycho long before Cartman was. If you had watched the entire series, then you'll remember a certain episode where Wendy arranged to have someone shot into the motherfucking sun.

Wendy is infinitely more dangerous than Cartman is if you piss her off.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:06 pm

pdfsmail wrote:*no offense intended to anyone here*

but maybe the whole point of Wendy kicking Cartmans tail is that no man is safe from a woman's fury.... even someone as dangerous as Cartman. Not to mention ON THIS FORUM, there is are threads asking if cartman is gay... they may have actually made fun of those people who commented in the thread....

I would let this season play out to see how it ends up, there have been many character role changes and alteration, some which i thought would be bad, eventually ending good, and vice versa...

Matt and Trey hardly, if ever, read the forum. And when/if they do, something tells me they wouldn't base a plot around a small collection of posters.

The whole, "If you get beaten up by a girl, you're a pussy/fag" is common in schools.
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:06 pm

DEFINEsammie wrote:Oh well you know,
I ~would~ write a witty reply,
but what would be the point?
I can't watch the episode tonight,
becuase i leave in canada,
SUPER WEAK!

Dude, get a torrent of it. The fastest one is from mr. twig.net usually. They come out at about 12:00. I'm Canadian, thats how I watch it.
Try to get the avi though, not the rm file.
Danmn89

Postby Danmn89 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Dont forget, in an Mr. Garison's Rynoplasty, Wendy killed the sub teacher. I knew cartman was picking a fight that waS GONNA be INTENSE. but i had no idea that he would get it as bad as he would. great episode, but it goes against the cult of cartman, cause cartman always wins :lol:
****The one and only****
>Dan the Man<
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:10 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
erlaci wrote:Look you guys, it looks like the show is definetly going to a new direction. It has been for a while. I dont think this episode will satisfy anyone who -including me- watched the series from its start, but like the things told in Imaginationland for some of us these characters have grown to our hearts. Surely Matt and Trey couldn't do anything else from this premise, because the show has to be moral, but I think making Cartman look like a total idiot is the raping of his character. I mean it was necessary in terms of plot, but "Seriously".
We have to decide if we want to hang on to this show, we have to live with the fact that it will never be like the beginning. Matt and Trey might be "South Park Conservatives" but the show isn't anymore.

This episode could be a pilot to a whole other show.

Besides that I liked that it brought back some older characters like the "Emo kids". I would give this episode +++++ out of +++++ if I was to look at it as someone who picked up the show recently, but I can only give a +++ old-timer rating.

Goddamnit, what is it with people like you trying to speak for the rest of us who have watched from the start?

Guess what? Wendy was a dangerous psycho long before Cartman was. If you had watched the entire series, then you'll remember a certain episode where Wendy arranged to have someone shot into the motherfucking sun.

I definitely agree with Shane, here. I too have been a viewer since the beginning, and while I can't speak for everyone, I feel like not only did last night's episode fit in well with the old-South Park feel, it does it better than alot of episodes in these past couple of seasons.

And as far as people getting surprised/appalled that Cartman lost? He wins like 10% of the time, maybe. I just don't see how anyone could make it through 27 minutes of this episode to be shocked and disgusted by the outcome 2 minutes later. It was in the stars that Cartman would lose.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:25 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Goddamnit, what is it with people like you trying to speak for the rest of us who have watched from the start?

Ha-ha, Shane yelled at youooo. :D
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:35 pm

Shane is apparently not that familiar with figure of speech. He responded to that comment like a scientologist to "Trapped in the closet". Or a Catholic to "Bloody Mary". Or... well, you get the point.
Let's fighting love!
Fortis

Postby Fortis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:35 pm

I thought it was a funny episode, however I can't deny that I miss the old eric cartman. The Eric Cartman that would feed you your parents at a chili contest if het got pissed off

At this point I think even Butters is tougher than Eric, he's just not the same anymore. I hope you bring that Eric back next season, this one is just a little looser
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:42 pm

copypasta from AASP, somewhat:

You know, I was incredibly cautious going into this episode. Uhh... my own dear ol' mum has the... you know... titty cancer [2 years next month], so you can't blame me. Perhaps. But, after last week, this episode and everything about it just seems that much better. Seriously, I got the fuzzies after Principal Victoria's speech, it was that good. That whole scene in fact just really got to me.

I've only given it one watch so I can't remember everything [I'll most likely give a much more detailed review some time in the future], but Butters was prolly my favourite character, with Wendy coming in at a close second. The Goth kids were generally meh, although the "Did... she just call us Emo?" did have me lollin'. Cartman was actually a little creepy for my tastes, y'know... just, kinda, eating your underwear? That's probably been one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen on this show. Eric Cartman eating, and then regurgitating his own XXL God-knows-what-stained underwear is something I don't want to see when eating pizza.

Speaking of Cartman! A-ha! You despicable cuntrag, I love you. I was glad to see him get his come-uppance [ALSO: anybody else catch the Snatch reference in the fight? That totally made it for me. XD] in such a way, and I could pretty much predict the whole "You were NEVER cool" ending. I practically wriggled with delight with any scene involving him and underwear. "I have Muscular Dystrophy. My mom has Muscular Dystrophy. In her breasts." I shouldn't f*cking laugh at this! "Like all Breast Cancer Patients, there's something I want to get off my chest." :lol: :lol: :lol:

9/10: Awesome episode. I love you, Matt & Trey.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 pm

tjrd wrote:Shane is apparently not that familiar with figure of speech. He responded to that comment like a scientologist to "Trapped in the closet". Or a Catholic to "Bloody Mary". Or... well, you get the point.

What I bolded in his post was not a figure of speech, and even if we gave him the benefit of the doubt- that he meant most, not all- he is still wrong factually.

Even if you manage to weasel out of that, he still tried to speak for a lerge group of people. Maybe if he didn't suck at the English language(if you're right) or if he wasn't arrogant(If I'm right) then there'd be less of an issue.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

I miss the old eric cartman. The Eric Cartman that would feed you your parents at a chili contest if het got pissed off

Isn't that the NEW Eric Cartman? I'm glad to see the Old eric, from seasons 1-4, is still in there just under the intelligent and manipulative surface.

i hate how cartman has transformed through the years into a pussy

Has NO ONE watched seasons one, two, three or four?

There were so many scenes in this episode that reminded me of the old seasons. Not sure what all the unfunny stage-setting comments from supporting charactars.

The entire plot was completely revealed in the first three minutes
True, but like most good episodes, this didn't rely on a good story but on great storytelling.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh yeah, When Cartman climbed up on Garrison's desk and pulled his pants down, I thought he was just going to fart on Garrison. Not lay a Count Dooku on his desk.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:34 pm

steveperry85 wrote:i hate how cartman has transformed through the years into a pussy and it finally reached a peak in this episode...

He was a pussy in the early years of the show too. Have you forgotten "Gnomes"?

Gnome: Is that all you've got, pussy?!
Cartman: What?! [advances]
Stan: Hey, he talks!
Cartman: Yeah, he called me a pussy! I'm not a pussy, you're a pussy!
Gnome: You're a pussy, pussy!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:38 pm

I dug everything Jimmy said (god that little bastard is funny), the "emo" kids and Cartman's emergency detention plan of sh*tting on the desk (he's like, ya know, punk rock and hardcore, bro). I also thought the Principal/Wendy scene was very touching, and of course the There Will Be Blood homage at the end was wonderful (in my opinion the best final line in any movie I've ever seen -- the runner-up being "I'm having some friends for dinner" from Silence of the Lambs).

What I didn't dig was that the episode wasn't really all that funny. It's still the best show on television, but this ep didn't have as many laughs per capita as usual.

And did I see Bill Hader is writing for the show? f*ck that guy's got a charmed life.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Elanessea wrote:Breast Cancer Show Ever was one of the best episodes I've ever seen, and it's by far my favorite one this season. I was laughing SO HARD the whole time even though I feel super nauseous, so that must count for something? :D

KUDOS to Wendy and Principal Victoria! The part where Victoria was telling Wendy that you have to "fight the big fat lumps" was hilarious. And Cartman trying to talk Wendy out of fighting him, and pooping on the teacher's desk, and throwing up his underwear while talking to Stan.. :D I didn't think Wendy would actually get the chance to beat Cartman up but she did and that made my day; Not that I dislike Cartman - he is one of my favorite characters. Lol, and when Wendy took her shirt off, my mom was like, "Ohh, that's what her shirt looks like! But Cartman's shirt has a truck on it?!" Ahhhh it was awesome! :D The beginning was so funny too, when Wendy reads her paper and Cartman is making fun of it. I have to watch it again at 12 :) Oh and the emo kids are back! <3 And Craig said quite a bit this time, including his usual "What?!"

Thank you so much Matt and Trey, and everyone else in the South Park crew. Keep it up (I know you will). :cartmanevil:

Did you just call them emo?
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”