*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

tjrd

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby tjrd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:34 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
tjrd wrote:Shane is apparently not that familiar with figure of speech. He responded to that comment like a scientologist to "Trapped in the closet". Or a Catholic to "Bloody Mary". Or... well, you get the point.

What I bolded in his post was not a figure of speech, and even if we gave him the benefit of the doubt- that he meant most, not all- he is still wrong factually.

Even if you manage to weasel out of that, he still tried to speak for a lerge group of people. Maybe if he didn't suck at the English language(if you're right) or if he wasn't arrogant(If I'm right) then there'd be less of an issue.

I didn't see any bolded parts in your quote.
But of course it is a figure of speech.
No matter what you think of South Park currently, if you have been following the show for a long time you must have noticed that it has changed its course. You must also have noticed that a lot of people don't welcome the latest change. These are the people the guy addresses. He doesn't speak for them, he speaks to them.

That's why your post resembles a Catholic going "I'm not like that at all!" when ridiculed by SP. Good, then consider yourself not referred to. The point is still relevant for enough people to make it worth the generalization. As a figure of speech.
Let's fighting love!
y2001

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:38 pm

I know my dad has got m.s. and i see him get weaker and weaker every day but I just dont think you can justify a few immature jokes such as "killer boobs" as an excuse to beat the sh*t out of someone.
ASPN

Postby ASPN » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 pm

RAPE!!!

Stone and Parker have become the Spielberg and Lucas of animation. They have raped their creation (Cartman) and they are now pedophiles. Keep them away from me!

RAPE!!!
Nader828

Postby Nader828 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:46 pm

I personally thought that the whole wendy beating cartman thing was really.... crap. I was actually hoping they wouldnt make cartman look like a piece of sh*t character but wow.... i dont know how ima take cartmans character seriously anymore especially cause hes the one telling all the funny jokes. At the end i somehow felt something was unfinished, like cartman was supposed to win that fight, idk what to say about this episode ill give it a 6/10
SPG20

Postby SPG20 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Seriously without cartman they wouldnt even have a show, he almost carried it after everyone else started getting more politically correct. He was like the relief to it all, and the main reason i like the show. He did bad ass stuff and said the funniest sh*t and now they made him look like a bitch in this. Made him eat his underwear and his ass kicked by a girl, crying in front of everyone, it like destroyed him and i hate to see it, like i hardly want to watch anymore.
Last edited by SPG20 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:00 pm

i just noticed the new episode wasn't uncensored on the site.

LAME
InYourFaceNewYorker

Postby InYourFaceNewYorker » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Why wasn't Kenny in this episode? :zombiekenny: :assface: :unhoodedkenny:
yfzracer02

Postby yfzracer02 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 pm

HAHA im glad to see Cartman get his ass kicked, i laughed so hard i about cried!!!
Prog

Postby Prog » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:11 pm

SPG20 wrote:Seriously without cartman they wouldnt even have a show, he almost carried it after everyone else started getting more politically correct. He was like the relief to it all, and the main reason i like the show. He did bad ass stuff and said the funniest sh*t and now they made him look like a bitch in this. Made him eat his underwear and his ass kicked by a girl, crying in front of everyone, it like destroyed him and i hate to see it, like i hardly want to watch anymore.

Your opinion is similar to mine. I don't like Cartman presented in this episode. He had his own talks, but his actions was strange for him - like those you've already mentioned.
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:16 pm

y2001 wrote:after quickly and briefly looking back at the first 4 seasons and I cannot say that Cartman lost many battles so if someone wants to proove this by recapping the first 4 seasons andthe last 4 seasons and comparing wins to defeats go ahead.

You know, to be honest, there were some low moments for Cartman in the early days. He was embarrassed on national TV while playing with his stuffed animals. He briefly thought he was a Vietnamese prostitute. It turned out his mom was a hermaphrodite. He lost the Confederate uprising. He got tricked into donating a kidney to Kyle. And maybe some others that I missed as well.

The important thing is how he handled the defeats. Usually it just pissed him off and didn't weaken his character. Even more recently, in the AWESOM-O episode, when he was embarrassed at the end in front of everyone, he didn't whine about how nobody would think he was cool. Just a pissed off "Lame."

Token kicked his ass in the Christian Rock episode, but there was no indication afterward that he regretted inciting Token, nor did he care about what people would think of him afterward.

That's the key.

tjrd wrote:No matter what you think of South Park currently, if you have been following the show for a long time you must have noticed that it has changed its course. You must also have noticed that a lot of people don't welcome the latest change.

Yep.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:17 pm

InYourFaceNewYorker wrote:Why wasn't Kenny in this episode? :zombiekenny: :assface: :unhoodedkenny:

cause wendy needed her own episode. we already got a (great) kenny episode so far :)
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:26 pm

"I'm gonna f*ck you up, I'm gonna wipe the playground with you." I LOVED IT!

Cartman had it coming to him since 1997, GREAT WORK M/T :lol:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Flowbie

Postby Flowbie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:28 pm

I don't see why so many people are upset about Cartman getting his ass kicked. I thought it was great, someone that evil deserves it every once in a while right???

In the Tennorman ep Cartman was being bullyed by him the entire time, which drove him to do what he did. This time though, Cartman was being the bully towards Wendy. He thought he had her beat, but Wendy is f'n vicious.

I've been watching SP since Jesus vs. Santa and Cartman is probably my favorite character on the show, but seeing him get his ass beat was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I'm sorry but in my humble opinion he completely deserved it and this episode was fanf^ckingtastic!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Of course Cartman was going to lose. He has never prevailed in a physical competition before. He is slow, he is weak, he has no endurance. The outcome shouldn't be a shock to any Cartmanophile.

Every time fatass screws with people, it doesn't involve physical exertion on his part. He's all talk. That's all he's ever been. Shooting his ignorant fat mouth off at anything and anyone he doesn't like.

Nothing about his ass beating was out of character for lardo. His egocentric bullsh*t catches up to him in this one just like it has many times before. Only this time, he doesn't get away with a slap on the wrist.

giving Kyle AIDS
faking tourettes
trying to exterminate jews, gingers, chinese
torturing Butters for years
feeding Scott Tenorman his parents

Cartman got exactly what was coming to him. There is justice in the South Park universe.

You read it! You can't unread it!
SPG20

Postby SPG20 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Flowbie wrote:I don't see why so many people are upset about Cartman getting his ass kicked. I thought it was great, someone that evil deserves it every once in a while right???

In the Tennorman ep Cartman was being bullyed by him the entire time, which drove him to do what he did. This time though, Cartman was being the bully towards Wendy. He thought he had her beat, but Wendy is f'n vicious.

I've been watching SP since Jesus vs. Santa and Cartman is probably my favorite character on the show, but seeing him get his ass beat was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I'm sorry but in my humble opinion he completely deserved it and this episode was fanf^ckingtastic!

Its not that he got his ass kicked, that happens like alot. Its that they destroyed who he is, i cant take him seriously anymore.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”