*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Jello_Biafra
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:16 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Jello_Biafra » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 am

I liked the episode. Though, I believe they've done a bit too much of "Cartman karma payback" but over all the episode was done very well. It was only a matter of time he got his ass handed to him by Wendy. I would have thought Stan would have been a bit more protective of Wendy, but she did kill their subsitute teacher when Stan ignored her.

I'm wondering when the episode will come on Itunes.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
ned15
Posts: 6352
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ned15 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 am

i could not see cartman beating up an innocent girl...it's just wrong! i mean, with the midget he had full range attack since he was fighting another dude, also not everbody was there...i think. but his reputation wasn't on the line like this.

i loved his "cool" poses...probably since i do them around my friends :lol:
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
Spairert
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Spairert » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:16 am

It was way too obvious that they're trying to attract more female viewers to the show. This episode had too many wholesome, feel-good messages. A shameless influence-expanding move.

"Look at us! We're using analogies to show everyone how strong women are for fighting breast cancer! Please flush the toilet so that others may have a pleasant bathroom experience. Thank you. Praise Christ."

I know on occasion they toss in an episode with some real values presented in a funny way, but this is an episode with nothing but real values presented in a serious way. I mean, what about "Stanley's Cup"? That's South Park at its best. Everything happens for no reason and you learn nothing from it as you laugh your guts out. This episode is the exact opposite. The wicked get punished, the good guy wins, cancer loses, and everyone leaves with a smile. Is this South Park or Family Matters?
Icanhazcheezburger
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Icanhazcheezburger » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:24 am

Cartman got his A*S kicked by Wendy. Cartman pretending to be a nerd- That was genius. Hoping this once a week streak continues :shock: South Park is back!!!
Oh no, It's MANBEARPIG.
Me I think he more of a half bear half manpig.
rvaen
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby rvaen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:07 am

okay correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my impression from the responses to this episode.

There are three different kind of SP fans.
1) love the satire
2) love the characters
3) love both.

This episode was all about the characters. Type 1 fans don't like these cause they have no attachment with the characters, but as a Type 3, I love these episodes the most. When I see the preview Sunday night/Monday morning, I prefer to see a plot synopsis like this (just kids being kids), than a clear, smack to the face of satire.
Not that I don't love satire...last season was a good season to be a type 1, that sh*t was rich.

...and yes, my favorite season is season six, because of the serial plot arc of the kids coping with the loss of kenny in a very kid-like fashion.

I digress....don't hate on this episode if you're not a type 2er. Tendency shows that next week, you'll be more than satisfied.

And for the record, I wasn't enthralled by this episode for the first 20 minutes...4/10. But then the There Will Be Blood reference at the end after the very Snatch-like fight scene/battle music, and it instantly rocketed up to 8.5
Neo fusion
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Neo fusion » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:09 am

I'm not sure if anyone has realized yet, but the fight scene itself was a parody.

The fight scene was a parody of a fight in a movie called Snatch.

I found it hilarious when I saw this.

Anyway, it's a great episode and I would have to say... Stan I'd watch out your girlfriend might be a beast beneath the sheets ha ha.
Neo fusion
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Neo fusion » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:10 am

ugh I wanted to link people to the video, I forgot to.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SqUEvtVyI
Cartmania4Ever
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:10 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:29 am

Spairert wrote:It was way too obvious that they're trying to attract more female viewers to the show. This episode had too many wholesome, feel-good messages. A shameless influence-expanding move.

"Look at us! We're using analogies to show everyone how strong women are for fighting breast cancer! Please flush the toilet so that others may have a pleasant bathroom experience. Thank you. Praise Christ."

I know on occasion they toss in an episode with some real values presented in a funny way, but this is an episode with nothing but real values presented in a serious way. I mean, what about "Stanley's Cup"? That's South Park at its best. Everything happens for no reason and you learn nothing from it as you laugh your guts out. This episode is the exact opposite. The wicked get punished, the good guy wins, cancer loses, and everyone leaves with a smile. Is this South Park or Family Matters?


Right on. Nice take.
Neo fusion
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Neo fusion » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:35 am

Serious?

Hardly, Cartman making fun of the killer titties shows that there is no sympathy lol.
the_stapler
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby the_stapler » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:40 am

i really don't know how to feel about this episode, it was pretty funny but doesn't this kinda mean the end of cartman being the evil badasshole he was? i really don't see where this will cause the show to go but it just seems to me that if they lose cartman as a focal point for a majority of their shows what the hell else will they be able to do for the next three years? aye.
Rob Schneider derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpy derp. Until one day, the derpa derpa derpaderp. Derp de derp, da teedily dumb. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Rob Schneider is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb.
GotACoolName
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:01 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby GotACoolName » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:42 am

rvaen wrote:okay correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my impression from the responses to this episode.

There are three different kind of SP fans.
1) love the satire
2) love the characters
3) love both.

This episode was all about the characters. Type 1 fans don't like these cause they have no attachment with the characters, but as a Type 3, I love these episodes the most. When I see the preview Sunday night/Monday morning, I prefer to see a plot synopsis like this (just kids being kids), than a clear, smack to the face of satire.
Not that I don't love satire...last season was a good season to be a type 1, that sh*t was rich.

...and yes, my favorite season is season six, because of the serial plot arc of the kids coping with the loss of kenny in a very kid-like fashion.

I digress....don't hate on this episode if you're not a type 2er. Tendency shows that next week, you'll be more than satisfied.

And for the record, I wasn't enthralled by this episode for the first 20 minutes...4/10. But then the There Will Be Blood reference at the end after the very Snatch-like fight scene/battle music, and it instantly rocketed up to 8.5

Most people who like the show in part for the characters (including me) are the ones who dislike new episodes most. Butters shouldn't be calling people homosexuals and riding Cartman's ass as if they're BFFs. Cartman isn't gangsta and shouldn't be making gangsta poses. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny are virtually nonexistent. The list goes on.
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:45 am

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
Spairert wrote:It was way too obvious that they're trying to attract more female viewers to the show. This episode had too many wholesome, feel-good messages. A shameless influence-expanding move.

"Look at us! We're using analogies to show everyone how strong women are for fighting breast cancer! Please flush the toilet so that others may have a pleasant bathroom experience. Thank you. Praise Christ."

I know on occasion they toss in an episode with some real values presented in a funny way, but this is an episode with nothing but real values presented in a serious way. I mean, what about "Stanley's Cup"? That's South Park at its best. Everything happens for no reason and you learn nothing from it as you laugh your guts out. This episode is the exact opposite. The wicked get punished, the good guy wins, cancer loses, and everyone leaves with a smile. Is this South Park or Family Matters?


Right on. Nice take.

stanley's cup? seriously? that episode was yawn worthy dude, simply because it was not funny at all, never mind the cancer thing

this episode wasnt just values, didnt you see the dump in the desk and eating/puking underwear jokes? cartman's desperate attempts to get out of the fight? the emo/goth bit?
if it were just values of course it would be boring, but i dont see anything wrong in a bit of them, matt and trey are not tryng to teach or anything dude, just showing their points of view in stuff, i dont mind that
Caissie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:38 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Caissie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:47 am

One of the best episodes this season, HANDS DOWN.

Oh, and for the negative users here...seriously get real.
We've seen Cartman show his weak side before. Just not
as severe. When Kyle hits him and then Cartman runs away
crying. How can ANYONE be saying that this is the end of
Eric's supreme evil reign?

SERIOUSLY.

It's Eric Cartman, he just doesn't get it. I've been watching
this show since the debut, and I can guarantee if they ever
bring up the 'girl kicking your ass' thing to Eric, he will
EASILY cover it up and say he did it to not hurt a chick.

Come on guys, he's deceitful. Wendy is just as f*cked up,
she proved it in the first season.

Now with all of these 'omg they're raping Cartman' user
idiots, you can shut your mouth now. Plain and simple.
He has shown his weak side DOZENS of times. It doesn't
stop him from being a prick, nor does it stop him from being
amazing. That's all I need to say. This episode was GODLY.
shadowsfall979
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:25 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby shadowsfall979 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:48 am

This is my favorite episode now. Cartman is awesome but he got what he deserved finally.
Spairert
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Spairert » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:00 am

jewish pride wrote:stanley's cup? seriously? that episode was yawn worthy dude, simply because it was not funny at all, never mind the cancer thing

this episode wasnt just values, didnt you see the dump in the desk and eating/puking underwear jokes? cartman's desperate attempts to get out of the fight? the emo/goth bit?
if it were just values of course it would be boring, but i dont see anything wrong in a bit of them, matt and trey are not tryng to teach or anything dude, just showing their points of view in stuff, i dont mind that


I guess Stanley's Cup is only funny if you grew up watching the types of movies it parodies. It probably grazed the generation gap a bit.

The gags you refer to as funny are just examples of toilet humor. The great thing about South Park is that it's actually pretty intelligent humor dressed up as toilet humor. They usually link the stupid stuff to the smart stuff in a significant way (aka when Garrison threw crap at Dawkins- toilet humor+making a point about evolution. This time it was just crap.).

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests