*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

rkidder84

*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby rkidder84 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:58 am

Did anyone get Wendy's "I'm Finished" line at the end of the fight. It was a line from "There Will Be Blood" movie, at least thats what I beleive Mr. Parker got it from. Another brilliant episode.
Shakushi

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Shakushi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 pm

It's really great to see Clyde is getting more and more screen time. :D

XD I always love Butters cursing, great ep!
Aids Burger

Postby Aids Burger » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Big-Will wrote:I didn't know Goths listened to AC/DC. That's even weirder to me.

No Will, the goth kid says something like "isn't that against your jock code? I don't remember AC/DC singing about..." implying that the jocks listen to AC/DC. At least that's how I interpreted it.
chuchunezbie

Postby chuchunezbie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Better than last week. but I must say I am becoming more disapointed with south park. this season has not produced many good episodes. they're all pretty boaring.
Marikunin

Postby Marikunin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:21 pm

superiorsavior wrote:
Butters just goes along with what's cool. If liking Cartman is cool, he likes Cartman. If hating Cartman is cool, he hates him.

I can't believe so many people wanted cartman to beat the crap out of a woman. If anything would ruin him in the other boy's eyes, beating up stan's girlfriend probably would... Also, making him strong enough to get his victories through sheer violence would make him into just a pissed off angry bastard and drain any sympathy he gets, make any attempt at planning or cunning by him unnescicary, and ruin his history of being a wimp.

THANK YOU.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Can everyone stop f*cking bitching! I've been on this site for nearly 3 f*cking years and people still keep complaining about how South Park isn't what it used to be. It never will be because Matt & Trey want to something different, and as long as you don't appreciate the new episodes for what they are, you might as well get the f*ck off this site and stop whining.
ksalks

Postby ksalks » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Loved the episode :D :D :D laughing the entire time about as funny as amidget in a slam dunk contest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ASPN

Postby ASPN » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:24 pm

You like the episode?

You are GAY.
cromlis

Postby cromlis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Cartmania4Ever wrote:But, hands down, it does hurt his character. Cartman, like Wendy, has traditionally been a strong character. "Whatevah! I'll do what I want!" comes to mind. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. But nobody's opinion matters but his own and others who agree with him. If people disagree or think less of him, "Screw you guys. I'm going home." This doesn't fit with a Cartman who is desperate for acceptance.

That's a good point. But I think Cartman is a more complicated character than that. Remember all the times he plays with dolls? I'm still not sure why he does it, if I can remember I think once it was explained that it's because he doesn't know who his father is? He definitely has some emotional issues.

And as we've seen, he isn't always an "evil" character concerned only with himself. Just look at the end of the last episode, China Probrem.

I think just as people are seeing some inconsistencies with Butters' personality, so does that apply to the other characters. They're not always simple, predictable characters.

By the way to the people saying "if you don't like it then get off the forums." I disagree, I welcome the criticisms. If the forum were filled with people going "haha that episode was the best ever!!!!" it would be boring. I personally didn't like the last episode, it had some funny jokes, but nothing memorable and the plot was boring. But anyway, it's our responsibility as viewers to hold SP up to the high standards that it has lived up to in the past.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:46 pm

I loved this episode! I think it's the best all season. I'm so happy they brought the goth kids back. "Did she just call us emo?" There were so many quotables in this episode.

"You're a chick, dude!"

Also, Cartman eating his underwear and then regurgitating them...AWESOME.

"Oh, that's where I put those."

Great job guys!
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Big-Will wrote:I didn't know Goths listened to AC/DC. That's even weirder to me.

True, but I think it's sort of like how I don't necessarily listen to KMFDM, but I could tell you that they don't sing songs about puppies and rainbows.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
carlos lobato

Postby carlos lobato » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:48 pm

The only thing I know is I had a good hard laugh without having to be worried about the social or political plot SP episodes sometimes have, is that bad?

Because plain simple humour and complex, social, political, etc. humour both work to me, everytime. After all it's a TV show (which I'm a huge fan, of course), right?

I sure hope next week's episode is as good as this one (:

Thanks, South Park crew.
carlos lobato

Postby carlos lobato » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:54 pm

By the way, I see users getting a Free-One-Day Ban for bringing up Family Dude XD jesuschrist that is just SO damn funny... maybe I'll get my spic ass banned, too, who knows? I'm excited already you guys.

XD
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Heh, ban requests. :)

Aids Burger wrote:

No Will, the goth kid says something like "isn't that against your jock code? I don't remember AC/DC singing about..." implying that the jocks listen to AC/DC. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Goth 1: And you're gonna... just let that guy... beat up on your woman? Doesn't that like, go against your jockey man code or something?
Goth 2: Yah, I don't ever remember AC/DC singing about letting dudes beat up on their girlfriends.

"jockey man code"? :lol:

1. This shows a familiarity with a genre I wouldn't expect the Goths to pay attention to.
2. There's nothing in those two lines to imply that jocks listen to AC/DC, although it might imply that AC/DC's members are jocks.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Sam Kinok

Postby Sam Kinok » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:26 pm

i gotta say this is my nº 2 favorite episode ever of SP, being "Raisins" my fav. this show still kick ass! loved the fact that the show is around Wendy (a female character) about her problem, decision and... resolucion: beating the sh*t out of cartman, regardless. Ahahhah. the kid really had it coming, for 12 years! and the ending!!! i cant believe some people didnt like it! its brutal!!! pure cartman! the kid is so self centerd that he manage to twist his head to keep living in his cartman land, ignoring all ahahahhahah thats why cartman is so stupidly awesome, its an endless source of comedy XD Butters reaction in the beginig of the fight is briliant. they really made an effort to work on the characters, not just putting them in the story to make it going. The still shots XD!!! and cartman just being cartman. hope the show keeps in this direction. its a real evolution in SP and i'm really glade you let me watch it for free a day after it aired. Bottom line: Don't f*ck with Wendy! ;)
Last edited by Sam Kinok on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”