*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

anfony236

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby anfony236 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:53 pm

This episode could have been much better. The jokes were too inconsistent and most of the time unfunny. It was boring.. seems Trey and Matt are losing their touch.
:zombiekenny:
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Big-Will wrote:
steveperry85 wrote:i hate how cartman has transformed through the years into a pussy and it finally reached a peak in this episode...

He was a pussy in the early years of the show too. Have you forgotten "Gnomes"?

Gnome: Is that all you've got, pussy?!
Cartman: What?! [advances]
Stan: Hey, he talks!
Cartman: Yeah, he called me a pussy! I'm not a pussy, you're a pussy!
Gnome: You're a pussy, pussy!

Did he secretly try to apologize to gnome after that? Did he cry in fear over the repercussions of his actions? Did the gnome bash his face in?

What do gnomes know anyway? Definitely not step 2.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
steveperry85 wrote:i hate how cartman has transformed through the years into a pussy and it finally reached a peak in this episode...

He was a pussy in the early years of the show too. Have you forgotten "Gnomes"?

Gnome: Is that all you've got, pussy?!
Cartman: What?! [advances]
Stan: Hey, he talks!
Cartman: Yeah, he called me a pussy! I'm not a pussy, you're a pussy!
Gnome: You're a pussy, pussy!

Did he secretly try to apologize to gnome after that? Did he cry in fear over the repercussions of his actions? Did the gnome bash his face in?

He didn't have to - they didn't challenge him to a fight like Wendy did. But he was still a pussy.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:26 pm

i thought it was funny the way cartman did it though. i mean, he did apologize to wendy and stuff, but when all the other kids were around he'd try and act all tough, which i loved by the way because i use the same hand motions :lol:

i thought this was the best of the season, i loved it! 100/10
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:48 pm

erlaci wrote:Look you guys, it looks like the show is definetly going to a new direction. It has been for a while. I dont think this episode will satisfy anyone who -including me- watched the series from its start, but like the things told in Imaginationland for some of us these characters have grown to our hearts. Surely Matt and Trey couldn't do anything else from this premise, because the show has to be moral, but I think making Cartman look like a total idiot is the raping of his character. I mean it was necessary in terms of plot, but "Seriously".
We have to decide if we want to hang on to this show, we have to live with the fact that it will never be like the beginning. Matt and Trey might be "South Park Conservatives" but the show isn't anymore.

This episode could be a pilot to a whole other show.

Besides that I liked that it brought back some older characters like the "Emo kids". I would give this episode +++++ out of +++++ if I was to look at it as someone who picked up the show recently, but I can only give a +++ old-timer rating.

Did you just call them emo?
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
y2001

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:52 pm

Next to " a million little fibres" this is the worse episode ever. It was long,depressing and overall I felt sorry for Cartman,did anyone else???? at the end I felt like crying when Cart,man cried thinking that they thought he was a fag.Didn't like it Cartman deserved better than to be demoralised by an unpopular charector who hasn't even been shown frequently in like 6 years. When Kyle hit him in the canada episode it was funny but this was just brutal I mean dont they think(Matt and Trey) that they went too far? The fight was just brutal and just felt wrong. Cartman is popular he shouldn't be charector assasinated this way.He's meant to be the evil bully who wins ie when he beat a midget up not being beaten senseless by a girl not that i got anything against that it's just well how are we supposed to look at him the same way after today?.
Last edited by y2001 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:54 pm

DUDE, the gnombs were like 6 inches tall. That's not what I call ahard fight.

He's meant to be whatever matt and trey want him to be. I'm glad he lost, like in the good old seasons. I like it when the bully occasionally wins, he was never meant to win all the time, that was a mistake of seasons 9-11
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
prochut

Postby prochut » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:56 pm

It was a great episode. It was good to finally see Cartman really get his comeuppance...

But what DID the breast cancer say to the Polish monkey?!?! I want to know dammit!
y2001

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:02 pm

The guy got his head smashed in,his face covered in blood because he made jokes about "titty cancer" yeah seems fair
mmm

Postby mmm » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 pm

YESSS, much better than last week. It was reminiscent of old SP, the way it should be. The only thing that didn't sit well with me was Cartman's wigger attitude, it was a little overdone in my opinion, but it didn't ruin the episode or anything.

Anyone who felt bad for Cartman is a sap and an idiot. :P
Really, everyone, this isn't the first time one of Cartman's plots has failed. Who cares if he was beaten badly, stop being a bunch of adolescent fanboys. :cry: I like Cartman, but this isn't a soap opera, don't get so attached. :lol:

I hope next week's ep. is good too...
Last edited by mmm on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
y2001

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:09 pm

I never said I had a problem with Cartman losing just why did he have to be destroyed so badly? Idont recall in the early episodes him getting beaten within an inch of his life do you?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:12 pm

superiorsavior wrote:DUDE, the gnombs were like 6 inches tall. That's not what I call ahard fight.

You're right - they have numbers and truckloads of underwear on their side. Easy win for the gnomes! :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 pm

mmm wrote:Anyone who felt bad for Cartman is a sap and an idiot. :P

Sap and an idiot? After seeing Cartman take care of Bin Laden AND save America from a British invasion, I have to wonder just whose side these Cartman haters are really on.

P.S.: What's up with that, dog?
y2001

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:26 pm

A lot of people keep saying that Cartman's "loss" (which i'm using very loosly because it's a bit of an understatement)was a sign of a return to the early years but after quickly and briefly looking back at the first 4 seasons and I cannot say that Cartman lost many battles so if someone wants to proove this by recapping the first 4 seasons andthe last 4 seasons and comparing wins to defeats go ahead.Lastly again I will say Cartman has never been annhilated before and how am I suppose to feel when someone spends the whole day worried that they are going to get beaten up only to be absolutely destroyed? that episode made me feel depressed.
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 pm

y2001 wrote: The fight was just brutal

so is fighting breast cancer ( or any cancer ) :(

http://main.acsevents.org/images/friend ... custom.JPG

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”