*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:42 pm

I loved this episode, it was one of the best! Wendy beating up Cartman was classic! Good thing they showed the goth kids in that one. 9/10
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:53 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Of course Cartman was going to lose. He has never prevailed in a physical competition before. He is slow, he is weak, he has no endurance. The outcome shouldn't be a shock to any Cartmanophile.

He handled that dwarf pretty well. I refuse to believe hippie Wendy is tougher than that guy. Also, in the Tweak vs. Craig episode, he and Kyle got into it multiple times, and he fared well. But that's beside the point. I'm not so upset about him being beaten as I am about him being emasculated.

giving Kyle AIDS

The Jew totally deserved it.
faking tourettes

He learned his lesson. No one was hurt. Oh, except for all those pedophiles. Their blood is on KYLE'S hands!
trying to exterminate jews

Dude, did you see The Passion?
torturing Butters for years
feeding Scott Tenorman his parents

Can you blame him?
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 pm

10/10. Feels like it returned to show's roots.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
giving Kyle AIDS

The Jew totally deserved it.

bullsh*t. Fatass is the only one that deserves to get AIDS.

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
faking tourettes

He learned his lesson. No one was hurt. Oh, except for all those pedophiles. Their blood is on KYLE'S hands!

I don't care if he "learned a lesson". He deserved an ass whooping for all the vile sh*t he said to everyone.

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
trying to exterminate jews

Dude, did you see The Passion?

So Cartman's actions were reasonable to you? What are you, an anti-Semite?

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
torturing Butters for years
feeding Scott Tenorman his parents

Can you blame him?

Yes I can. I absolutely can.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Shouko

Postby Shouko » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 pm

I loved this episode! It could be my new favorite ever. XD I am a sucker for the Goth kids. I love when they get new lines. And wow! I mean...what wasn't epic win about this episode? It was hilarious and Cartman got what was coming to him. Wendy kicked ass!

XD; I'm still trying to figure out if the flippy haired Goth called Stan "Gala head".
SkinlessTomcat

Postby SkinlessTomcat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Did anyone notice the There Will Be Blood reference:
when Wendy beat up Cartman and said "I'm Finished"
Saber

Postby Saber » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:16 pm

is it about kimbo slice???
i love stany

Postby i love stany » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:16 pm

I think Cartman totally deserve it, he has done a lot of bad things, and nothing really bad has ever happened to him... until this episode, this episode was really funny for me, and I don't know why some people are complaining about it and saying such stupid and at the same time funny things about it.

Its not that he got his ass kicked, that happens like alot. Its that they destroyed who he is, i cant take him seriously anymore.

oh! but it was so funny and at the end he stay the same if you look it carefully, and btw he hasn't ever been a character to be taken seriously!

RAPE!!!

Stone and Parker have become the Spielberg and Lucas of animation. They have raped their creation (Cartman) and they are now pedophiles. Keep them away from me!

RAPE!!!

are you serious xDDD?? this was a historic episode, Cartman just got what he deserved, and for sure he'll stay the same in the next episodes, I'm sure he'll never change, so what's the matter?? in my opinion this episode was amazing! great work Matt and Trey C:!
petrihos

Postby petrihos » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 pm

This episode sucked sh*t. It was sooooo bad
Ruffo08

Postby Ruffo08 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Cartman has beaten Saddam, he was punched by Stan's superhuman sister and it only made him mad, in cartoon wars he fought kyle and was winning(notice that kyle was full of dust and cartman wasn't also kyle had to resort to punching cartman in the BALLS) and got hit by Bart's skate board only to be knocked unconcious, when Cartman was in the police he was beating adults even randy and kenny's parents and in a similar situation when cartman was hall monitor he was doing the same to kids his age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmeSm9zP7H4

in 1:18 cartman was beating wendy notice how he doesn't have any blood on his face now look at 1:24 cartman's face is full of blood even if wendy only punched him three to four times but cartman has hit wendy alot more.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103884/

A stronger female character named Shelly (Stan's uber strong sister) punches cartman hard enough to make a crater on the wall (2:32 - 2:34) notice cartman is not bleeding nor does he have any "dust" on him which represents damage. As for fighting stituations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatji8sQ ... re=related

Cartman beats up a kid his age in the start of his hall monitor career also in "tweek vs craig" cart is sumoo wrestler and we can't for get Cartman's short job as a police and his climatic fight with saddam in the movie.The whole point of the fight is to make Cartman lose and he could've beaten Wendy(and Kyle when Cartman got aids but the fat kid wasn't trying) but the it was the plot that beats Cartman in the end not Wendy in my opinion.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 pm

I said in the pre-air thread that I didn't want to see Wendy beating the crap out of Cartman because it was too predictable. However, Cartman totally deserved it. What really made it worthwhile was the ending when Cartman rationalizes his way out of being humbled, and even seeing himself as the coolest kid in class, against all evidence to the contrary.

After eating his own underwear, crying to his mommy to stop a girl from beating him up, and finally being beaten up in front of the whole class, being told by multiple people that everyone hates him, he still finds a way to learn absolutely nothing from the experience and to gain no insight about himself and the world around him. I found this hysterically funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This episode was MUCH better than I expected and far surpasses the majority of episodes this season, IMO.
Nader828

Postby Nader828 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 pm

how are you supposed to even like this episode they killed the cartman character that was playing in southpark sence 1997, they made him into a f*cking pussy, if you saw all the episodes on southpark u would know that they seriously f*cked up on this one.
Awsom-N

Postby Awsom-N » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 pm

petrihos wrote:This episode sucked sh*t. It was sooooo bad

go and watch family guy :arrow:
this ep is awesome 9.5/10

[Go wash your mouth out with soap. I already told people here to leave Family Guy out of these episode threads. One day ban.]
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 pm

i don't really get how anyone can hate this episode. its simplicity and originality was what made it superb.

i have been thinking about it ever since i saw it....i couldn't even fall asleep because the episode was just that darn awesome! and i'm still thinking about it now. i definitely put it in my top 5, possibly top 3.

and why is everybody upset about cartman's beating? yes, it was harsh, but he killed someones parents for crying out loud! he has deserved this for some time now, and i'm glad we finally saw cartman punished. i think it's the shock of seeing this happen to him is why everyone is upset. i mean, who ever thought cartman would actually get his punishment in one of the episodes. i sure didn't, and that's why it made this one extra special.

amazing episode. keep the up the fantastic work guys! :D
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
amyalderton

Postby amyalderton » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:35 pm

I thought it was lame.

I don't mind Cartman getting a beat-down but it's hardly original or a long time coming - Kyle's kicked his ass, Token's kicked his ass... It was predictable that Wendy would win.

Not to mention, it's dumb that he's so cowardly about this fight and so embarrassed to be beaten when he cheerfully took on the midget, who was trained in judo; and lost.

That, and while I liked Old!Wendy who shot Ms. Ellen into the sun; this episode she was just self-righteous and humourless, like they've been making Kyle recently every time he disagrees with Cartman.

And the breast cancer subplot seemed a little random (perhaps it was from the manatee tank?) - at least with stem cells etc. they made an effort to tie in the issue to the kids, with Jimmy and Kenny; but this had no effort behind it, just 'Wendy randomly feels incredibly strongly about breast cancer'.

That, and Cartman's done far worse things to deserve a beating, he wasn't even that offensive in this episode. I mean, the kids are supposed to be 8/9, kids that age do laugh at the word 'breast', even attached to 'cancer'.

He might have a smackdown coming, but not really from Wendy. Butters, or Scott Tenorman, or Kyle, maybe.

And I personally couldn't be too bothered about him mocking the concept of a disease - he laughed at his own HIV, after all.

That, and they completely dropped the plot thread with Stan, lazily.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”