*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ned15
Posts: 6352
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ned15 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:56 pm

notyourbuddy wrote:The new animation is not befitting of SP and the new voices are lame. It is too drastic of a change to all take in at once. I think that is why everyone is freaking out.


i have to agree. yes, the animation is better than before, but it just doesn't make it SP. i think the best animation was during seasons 6 - 9. since then it's been getting too fancy, making it exactly what it shouldn't be. it's too detailed now, and i liked it when it would be poorly drawn since it was making fun of all animated shows. well, atleast they still hop around like the good old days.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:13 pm

the writers have slowed down the action to where you could have taken both the last episodes and put them into one.

Whilst the avarage episode from seasons one to four would contain enough plots for half a season nowdays, this in itself doesn't make the new episodes worse than the old in terms of humour; as with Mecca Streisand or Not Without My Anus, they've always been able to make great episodes by really pulling off a single plot. This episode is the kind that pulls it off, though I think the show would do best to return to their old plot cramming style, I think the last episode might have been a horibly failed attempt at that.

The new animation is not befitting of SP and the new voices are lame

While i wouldn't let what's effectivly a new walpaper ruin my favourite show doe me, the voices and the added detail (which seems to have decreased the ammount of notable details, like the posters on Mackie's walls) has taken much of what was still "south park" out of the new episodes. Though this applies to new episodes in general rather than just "breast cancer show ever."

I don't want to see it go off the air

I can't see the show dumbing down pulling it off air. It's changed massivly in the past and has gained rather than lost fans, this'll probably just get the show a wider audience, though if they keep dumbing it down it won't really be "south park" on air anymore.

[quote]Even though I am against this one episode, I still think that the world has a right to see it and, if they so chose, laugh.
[quote] I'm glad you've avoided the hypocracy most people who're suddenly offended by the show slip into (being offended by cancer yet laughing at AIDS jokes, etc.) and that you havn't let this ruin the idea of free speech or the show for you.

However, I think you should watch the episode more before commenting like this; if you really think the episode was making light of breast cancer you're mistaken, it was more raising awareness. Good to see the show can still offend it's own fans though :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
SouthofHeaven
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:43 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SouthofHeaven » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Another ace episode - me and my cousin were in stiches the whole 21 minutes. Great work Matt and Trey. :D
Who's a jigga wha?
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm

ASPN wrote:
jewish pride wrote:ASPN: please go f*ck a goat or something, i read almost the whole thread and you have made about 20 retarded posts just like that, saying absolutely nothing productive or worth discussing, if you have nothing more interesting to say then shut up already, please



Eat sh*t and die.

boy you sure are dazzling us all with your ingenious retort

we get it, you didnt like the episode, no need to say it 100 times, with one or two will suffice, stop being a baby and accept the fact that you are one of the very very few people who didnt enjoy it
EonEire
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby EonEire » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:20 pm

I joined here just to say THANK YOU for this episode to Matt and Trey.

Principal Victoria's speech was amazing nothing short of it and the fact Wendy completely destroyed Cartman was the best part, nothing from any episode will ever top that fight because its that I have been waiting for, for a long time and it was nothing short of amazing.
CartmansCuzzin
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:48 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:37 pm

ned15 wrote:
notyourbuddy wrote:The new animation is not befitting of SP and the new voices are lame. It is too drastic of a change to all take in at once. I think that is why everyone is freaking out.


i have to agree. yes, the animation is better than before, but it just doesn't make it SP. i think the best animation was during seasons 6 - 9. since then it's been getting too fancy, making it exactly what it shouldn't be. it's too detailed now, and i liked it when it would be poorly drawn since it was making fun of all animated shows. well, atleast they still hop around like the good old days.


There's not a day that goes by without somebody dwelling on the past South Park and downing the new. Look, I understand what you're saying but changes like these are what keeps the show running for so long. Imagine a cartoon show with the same poor animation for over 10 years! If that was the case then it wouldn't be 12 seasons strong, it would have been an early cancellation like 6-8 years ago. I can't believe people would actually complain about something being "better" then it once was. Smh...
Image
Stan_is_mine
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:58 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stan_is_mine » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:53 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote:
ned15 wrote:
notyourbuddy wrote:The new animation is not befitting of SP and the new voices are lame. It is too drastic of a change to all take in at once. I think that is why everyone is freaking out.


i have to agree. yes, the animation is better than before, but it just doesn't make it SP. i think the best animation was during seasons 6 - 9. since then it's been getting too fancy, making it exactly what it shouldn't be. it's too detailed now, and i liked it when it would be poorly drawn since it was making fun of all animated shows. well, atleast they still hop around like the good old days.


There's not a day that goes by without somebody dwelling on the past South Park and downing the new. Look, I understand what you're saying but changes like these are what keeps the show running for so long. Imagine a cartoon show with the same poor animation for over 10 years! If that was the case then it wouldn't be 12 seasons strong, it would have been an early cancellation like 6-8 years ago. I can't believe people would actually complain about something being "better" then it once was. Smh...


They've already stated why they don't like the new animation and I can understand why. It's not as much South Park as it was so and so years ago. But I think that they needed to update the animation so they could do things with the characters that they couldn't do before. I wish the animation would stay like it was in season 9, 10, or even 11, but I accept it, I suppose. I'm just saying that I can see both points of view.
Religion: South Parkism.
God(s): Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
Savior(s): Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Kenny McCormick, and Kyle Broflovski.

Yeah, I'm that obsessed. Deal.
(Cult of Cartman member!)
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:05 pm

Dr.leprosy wrote:Like many people I love south park. I am all for freedom of speech and I believe that anything is up for grabs, no matter who it offends. That belief bit me in the ass on this one, I was highly offended by them making light of Brest cancer, my mother died of it. having said that, I still think that anything should be up for grabs and anything can be joked about. I was never offended by south park before and most likely, i never will be again. Even though I am against this one episode, I still think that the world has a right to see it and, if they so chose, laugh.

thats a really good and smart attitude you're taking there

but, i dont know if this will help, but i dont think you should be against this episode
did i think the breast jokes were funny? yes, i did, cant help it
but dont you see? there have been very few times where cartman has gotten what he deserved like he did on this episode, the fact that it happened on this episode should tell you that, even though there can be funny jokes about the subject, the absolute lack of interest or care for it (like cartman has) deserves being beaten to the ground
and i thought principal victoria's speech was really good and sympathetic to the subject

i dont know, im just trying to say that maybe you should try to watch it from that point of view, so a great episode like this one isnt ruined for you
sEdJ1281
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:26 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby sEdJ1281 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:38 am

HAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wendy is friggin amazing!!! lol :D
This episode had me trippin man that was crazy :D

Cartman got his ass WHUPPED LOL!!! :o :shock: :D :lol:
daftpunk212
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:41 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby daftpunk212 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:59 am

this has got to be the funniest episodes of south park ever cartman showing his true cowardice and wedy kicking the crap out of him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flexxo
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Flexxo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 am

Dr.leprosy wrote:Like many people I love south park. I am all for freedom of speech and I believe that anything is up for grabs, no matter who it offends. That belief bit me in the ass on this one, I was highly offended by them making light of Brest cancer, my mother died of it. having said that, I still think that anything should be up for grabs and anything can be joked about. I was never offended by south park before and most likely, i never will be again. Even though I am against this one episode, I still think that the world has a right to see it and, if they so chose, laugh.


You, sir, are very open minded. I applaud this reply.
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:19 am

i watched the fight between cartman and wendy again and i just noticed that its a parody of a fight in the movie snatch, really cool that :)
themanthecartman
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby themanthecartman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:37 am

8/10 Funny episode, pretty surprised though. Lol he took a sh*t on the desk
Favourite Character: Cartman
Favourite Episode: Child Abduction Is Not Funny OR The Jeffersons
Nephix
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Nephix » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:53 pm

I thought the previous episode with indiana jones was horrible, SP couldnt be any worse than that...

but this is really a comeback matt & trey, this is what south park needs, just episodes based on the fictional characters, all the political bullsh*t and about celebrities is so freakin lame ..

If i were matt & trey i would keep this up, great episode ..great characters, great plot ...just great.

keep it up guys, try to focus on the main characters a litle bit more, no more political bs and celebrities...

Nephix.
nolk
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:32 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nolk » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:58 pm

yeah good job =D realy funny. This is the kind of stuff that makes southpark great =) ( learn from the terrible rape episode dont do that again ;) )

keep it up great fun ;)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests