*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:55 am

BRMBug wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Anyone notice the "Wild Wacky Action Bike" commercial on the TV in the background?

No, can't say as I did.

I wonder why it takes 4 hours to upload the episode. Making last minute fixes perhaps?

Time zones. They don't want the West Coast watching it 3 hours early. But I can. :chaos:
Dish Network and Directv are cool...

The commercial is at 7:58 on the online player. Right after the boys get taken in by the government.

I ask you, where does it say Craig's last name is tucker?

EDIT:

Never mind, got it.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Altip

Postby Altip » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:01 am

Altip wrote:
nall wrote:Episode now available on the site. Also, check out the awesome wallpapers and screensaver.

no its not?

I take it back it's up
Altip

Postby Altip » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 am

Terrance and Phillip special next week? :twisted:
CartmanSlayer

Postby CartmanSlayer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:09 am

Since they revealed Craig's last name and him finally playing a role with the original 4, I wonder if he might become the next 4th/5th friend or something replacing Butters?

That would be unexpected if Butters was killed by the guinea pigs! (a.k.a. "Furry Death") :chaos:
richardsutorius

Postby richardsutorius » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 am

this episode was brilliant. you guys dont get it. the plot has nothing to do with why it is funny. just the one liners with craig and cartman and the timing in their deliveries. its not a 2 parter, it was meant to make you think "how are they gonna bring this all together" and they never do but end with craig really being the star. it was fucken great!!!!!!!
callmenikki

Postby callmenikki » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am

richardsutorius wrote:this episode was brilliant. you guys dont get it. the plot has nothing to do with why it is funny. just the one liners with craig and cartman and the timing in their deliveries. its not a 2 parter, it was meant to make you think "how are they gonna bring this all together" and they never do but end with craig really being the star. it was fucken great!!!!!!!

I agree! I'm glad there are still some people out there with a sense of humor...I swear some people need to get the stick out their ass! If you don't like the episode then go suck Cartman's Balls!
-How tasty

If you can read this then you are...

a. Too close to the screen
b. Have super eye sight
c. Have really bad eye sight
d. A loser who needs to get a life
Altip

Postby Altip » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:18 am

stan never takes of his fake mustache the whole ep
screwuguys

Postby screwuguys » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:20 am

Is Randy's cam stunt a take on Cloverfield or Quarantine (REC)?

nothing special abt this episode..
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:20 am

IT DID HAVE A PLOT!!!

The plot was to make justice to Cloverfield, by NOT finishing it. With a "go nowhere plot", the episode seemed to resemble Family Guy, but in reality, it DID have a plot, as I said. But we still got Craig's last name, and some other funny lines in the episode.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
CartmanSlayer

Postby CartmanSlayer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:21 am

If it's not a 2 parter, then why before Pandemic aired did it only say episode 1211 will air Nov. 26. Now it says 1211 will air next week, and 1212 will air Nov. 26, and there's two TBA's on the episode guide. So, how can't Pandemic be a 2 part episode?
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:22 am

Best f*cking episode ever!!!
Well, not really, but whatever. Super funny, super-silly, one of my favourite episodes.
This closes it: they're deliberately gonna just go totally f*cking insane with their show, and I'm glad for it now. See, if they don't go all-out silly and just sort of blend the two, the episodes weak because its hesitant, but if its consciously surreal (like Major Boobage), and goes silly with commitment, it works really really well. To me anyway. And you can have a lot more f*cking fun with it. I'm not sure if that made sense... but it did in my f*cked up head.

And especially since this is a ridiculous two parter, I can respect this episodes irrelevance even more; you didn't really have to resolve a damn thing. Wonder how you'll make sense of it.

I guess its a tradition (and a way to fill the season up ;) to do a two parter each year now.

SP has it made. Go totally f*cking insane (have Kyle and Cartman do some f*cked up Dragon Ball Z super saiyan fusion for all I care),
and if the animators need a break, make something more simple like 1209.
I couldn't stop laughing during the camera POV bits... the first time an animated show has tried it since Duckman back in 1994. I believe.
I haven't seen cloverfield, but I know its about that too. anyway,
fill the whole season up with it for all I care :) I'll laugh my ass off anyway.

Do what makes you really really happy, and it should translate. It has to me anyway.

This season is a delicious stinker :) nice job.
Last edited by LawrenceTaylor on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:24 am

CartmanSlayer wrote:If it's not a 2 parter, then why before Pandemic aired did it only say episode 1211 will air Nov. 26. Now it says 1211 will air next week, and 1212 will air Nov. 26, and there's two TBA's on the episode guide. So, how can't Pandemic be a 2 part episode?

There are actually four more episodes left in the season.
WiLLiaint

Postby WiLLiaint » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 am

This was a great episode. Is it a 2-parter? Doesn't matter. The cliff-hanger was hilarious.
If things take the 'sitcom' root (everything goes back to normal), it may be even more funny than an ending.
But who knows?

xphoenixrising wrote:Pan flute players? I haven't seen any except at Ren fairs. I take it this is this new thing going around where Trey and Matt are?

You go to Renaissance fairs?

You mustn't go out much, because I don't and I see these guys on the street, in the mall, and on the corners.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
Ericforpresident

Postby Ericforpresident » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:27 am

Loved it :P
CartmanSlayer

Postby CartmanSlayer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:29 am

nall wrote:
CartmanSlayer wrote:If it's not a 2 parter, then why before Pandemic aired did it only say episode 1211 will air Nov. 26. Now it says 1211 will air next week, and 1212 will air Nov. 26, and there's two TBA's on the episode guide. So, how can't Pandemic be a 2 part episode?

There are actually four more episodes left in the season.

I am aware there are 4 more episodes in the season (almost every season has 14 episodes), but I was saying "Pandemic"? Suddenly, there's a new TBA now next week as 1211, and the original TBA which was 1211 (airs Nov. 26) is bumped down to 1212.

Is Pandemic a two-parter or not?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”