*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthParkCrazii

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SouthParkCrazii » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:57 pm

I totally loved it.
Especially that part when Craig told the guys
about what assh*les they were, it cracked me up.
:mrgreen:
Oh, and also the beginning with Kenny
shaving his balls, and his cute little dance, haha.

I can't wait till next Wednesday!!
WOOT WOOT! :D :P :gaykenny: :)

..I'm totally and completely in love with South Park..
over100ktcourics

Postby over100ktcourics » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Hilarious! Pure genius, as always! Funny reference to the china problem : :lol:
Kyle: No no I'm not going to Peru!
Stan: I'm sorry, one of our friend was raped in peru. it was very traumatic :lol:
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:04 pm

I laughed at everything Kenny said and did in this episode. And I totally understood what he said. IF they make a part 2, Kenny should be killed in Peru or wherever they end up because the guy at the end said they were being sent to the middle of nowhere. And the first thing that came to my mind when he said Craig is the only one who can stop him, was Craig's guinea pig. I really wonder what that guy knows aboot Craig.
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
jackovasaur

Postby jackovasaur » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:19 pm

i didn't get it at all. can someone explain it to me? thx
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:22 pm

the ending w/ the guinea pigs and stuff was a parody to cloverfield. if you didn't see the movie then it would be very confusing.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
SadieJean

Postby SadieJean » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Looks like they tried to slap too many movies into one episode, but hey, at least they finally made fun of cloverfield. i was waiting for that.

Over all, it wasnt....funny it was more....story line. If this is a 2 parter, i will giggle. its not worth it, but i am curious about what they will do in Peru.

Also, i wish they'd do something with Obama/Mccain. that would make me giggle.
Laura_Loves_Kenny

Postby Laura_Loves_Kenny » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:41 pm

:lol: crap, seriously? I LOVED this episode! Here's why:

-They include Kenny more :gaykenny:
-They do a parody of that lame, super confusing movie Cloverfield
-Craig
-2 Parter (smart, because it makes you want to watch the next)
-Lotsa laughs
-Guinea pigs...:\

Hmm.. I think this was their plan. Make 'the china probrem' super, super lame then get gradually better... :) love it. love u guys, MnT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:45 pm

I basically liked this one. I could have done without yet another ridiculous crisis and the government, but it was still pretty good.

I liked that Kenny was actually a character in the beginning of the story, there was no Butters, Cartman kept his mouth shut most of the time, and Craig was great. I really like the idea of a 'fifth friend' tagging along for an episode like Tweek did in 'Gnomes' and Wendy did in 'Fingerbang.' I'd like to see more of that.

Craig's line about none of the other guys ever hanging out with them was hilarious, especially since he has a point; almost every time one of the other kids (be it Butters, Tweek, or Token) hangs out with at least three of the 'four boys,' they end up worse for it. :lol:

I've never seen Cloverfield; I thought the camera perspective was reminiscent of the Blair Witch Project - Sharon being annoyed and shouting at Randy to turn the camera off, Randy turning the camera on himself and talking into it, the camera being dropped, etc.

It would be cool if this turns out to be a two-parter, but if it isn't, I won't mind either.
Van W.

Postby Van W. » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 pm

The first time in a while the boys did a big adventure with craig i loved it :lol:
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:20 pm

I loved this episode. I just hope that this will actually be a 2 parter, because it didn't end with "To be continued..". I am 99% sure it will be, because too much was left unexplained at the end. And if it is a two-parter, I hope we don't have to wait until Monday to get a preview clip and breif description of the next part.

Anyways, I thought this episode was very brilliant and funny. I loved the Homeland Security parts because I think they were supposed to be spoofing the United States' invasion of Iraq and the war against terrorists in general. The way I looked at this episode was that the Peruvian pan flute bands were supposed to represent the terrorists, and the US government was taking extreme and unecessary measures to stop them. I thought it was just hilarious that the people who worked for the Department of Homeland Security thought that "Peruvian" was the name of the country where the flute bands came from, when in reality it was Peru.

The parts with Craig were also funny, as well as the giant guinea pigs, because some cultures in Peru eat guinea pigs. I really thought that it was funny when Kenny was dancing to the Peruvian flute music at the beginning, too. And although this episode wasn't as hysterically funny as "Tonsil Trouble", "Super Fun Time", "The China Probrem", or "Canada on Strike", its plot was epic and better than any other plotline in an episode this season. When I say that the plot was epic, I am assuming that this episode will be made into a 2 or 3 parter, though.

Overall, though, I'd give this episode a 9 if I were rating it on a scale of 1-10.
EricCartmanFatBoy

Postby EricCartmanFatBoy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 pm

First off.. 'Breast Cancer Show Ever' is on my top 15-episode list, I think. That episode was f*cking awseome! The part were Cartman crapped on Mr.Garrison's desk is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. I laughed so hard.

'The China Probrem' wasn't that good.. I mean.. it was funny. But I mean they could've got a lot more material on the China-part instead of raping Indiana Jones for 10 minutes. Was funny, but not that funny.

This episode was good. Not awseome, not sucky.. just good. Maybe 6/10 or 7/10. I didn't laugh that much. But the Randy, Kenny, Craig & the guys-parts was awseome. But the storyline was a little weak.. I've kind of seen it before. But it was very funny with the ginniepigs. Hehe. Very funny that they made fun of Cloverfield. I love Cloverfield. Nice movie. They nailed those parts!

I just hope they're going to make fun of the election soon.
"Well I dont want to say anything, Kyle but I think maybe this is what your family get's for being jewish on Christmas Time."

"Oh my science..."
real-life stan

Postby real-life stan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 pm

Way better than the first two of this second-half season but, still not good enough IMHO and it still has to come to an end. Trey and Matt should worry a little less about the animation and a whole lot more about the content, as they used to. By the way, that peruvians' spanish is so sucky I think I got ear-cancer.
centenom

Postby centenom » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:34 pm

I thought this episode was typical off beat, which is classic South Park style. This guy annoys me. All he does is rag on all the shows he watches, including last night's South Park
http://ifmagazine.com/review.asp?article=2847
Benvolio

Postby Benvolio » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Great episode! :lol:

Liked the fact Craig had a bigger role - wonder what part he'll play in the 2nd half?
Awesome parody of Cloverfield, thought the animation in that part was amazing! Randy's just hilarious.

Quality. I love the fact that one episode can happen entirely within the boys school life (Breast Cancer episode), and then next week it's back to global catastrophe's and government conspiracy lol. A testament to the writing and diversity of South Park.
Nyarlotep

Postby Nyarlotep » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 pm

I´m the only one that thinks all this episode is some kind of reference to the economic crisis in the last weeks?....

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”